Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Parents with retconned living/deceased status

Obviously, the Kents are a great example. Clark losing dad second after grown. Clark losing them younger, both living in present day

Jor-El - Ozymandias and I'm not even sure what current story is

Allura and Zor-El - died after sending Kara off, only later retconned to be in Phantom Zone. I can't remember if the were ever actually intended to be dead in post-COIE before we found them in Kandor. And more recently, Zor-El as Cyborg Superman.

Nora Allen - we all know that one

Silas Stone - originally he died shortly after Vic joined the Titans. Got to live in the universe reboot.

Trigon was actually intended to be dead and then brought back, right? I read it, but it was a while ago and I couldn't swear there wasn't a indication he was still alive.

Got any more to toss in?

Arthur's dad was retconned into not being his dad during Post-Crisis, but in the New 52 it was then also revealed his mother was still alive.

Does Flashpoint Thomas Wayne count? I mean he’s still got to be running around somewhere
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Arthur's dad was retconned into not being his dad during Post-Crisis, but in the New 52 it was then also revealed his mother was still alive.
    Forgot about her entirely. I wasn't sure about changed up parents, because that can get messy with older stuff (Jimmy Olsen, so much).

Dinah Drake-Lance / OG Black Canary and Lawrence Lance, Dinah Lance's (or Drake per post-Flashpoint) parents are not mentioned since she's an orphan in post-Flashpoint.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Oliver Queen's parent turned out to be alive in both the New 52 and Rebirth (both ended up being bad guys).