Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default If Trump Wins Re-Election - Will It Be The End Of America?

If Trump wins re-election do you fear America is doomed with no hope of salvation? Is Democracy forever dead along with the thousands of Americans that have perished under the virus? I like to think of myself as an eternal optimist but for myself if Trump were to win re-election, I think I may become an eternal pessimist. What do you think?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-23-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Since he would be elected without the majority vote, and probably through fixing it through the Courts or more nefarious ways, American Democracy would no longer exist as we know it.
    Four More years of Trump would do irrevocable damage.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-24-2020 at 07:34 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Serious question...

Could you define, in detail, this America that would be getting "Doomed..."?

Would it be...

- The one where former President Obama was executing Americans without an actual trial? Where he ramped up deportations?

- The one where former President Bush took America into war without an actual declaration? Jailed folks indefinitely without trial?

- The one where former President Clinton set the stage for mass incarceration and set the stage for jobs to wind up in countries that laugh at environmental standards?

Any of the above that made everything from Mexico south more dangerous because of an ongoing war on drugs?

Mighty Member

No, ultimately he will simply serve another 4 year term, unless he can overturn the two term limit which I think would ultimately serve Democrats in the end.

After all, the 22nd amendment was drafted by a former Republican President, and approved by a Republican congress to prevent another popular Democratic President like FDR from winning consecutive terms. If both Barak O Bama and Bill Clinton were allowed to run for a third term I think they both would have ultimately beat Trump and Bush, so I think it's a silly rule that should be retracted.

The damage of Trump second term, would most likely take the form of legislative tampering to prevent transparency to hide corruption & insulate Trump from wrongdoing, a ballooning debt and deficit as a result of tax cuts and continued exorbitant defense spending, the continued appointments of Republicans to the court, which would kill any attempt to put limitations on corporate donations to election campaigns as well political lobbying (Ie the swamp) and finally, last but not least, a continued rise of left and right wing extremist groups as Trump panders to one, in order to delibertaly inflame the other.

His niece says yes, so I'm just gonna agree with her since she'd know.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

If Trump wins, then he does his 4 years. The US won't be doomed.

However, there will be something of a crisis of legitimacy because American policy and law for generations would be shaped by a minority of voters (there's literally no way Trump win the popular vote). It's going to become increasingly problematic when stuff like healthcare, abortion rights, civil rights, workers rights is determined by a handful of states that don't reflect majority of the country at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If Trump wins re-election do you fear America is doomed with no hope of salvation? Is Democracy forever dead along with the thousands of Americans that have perished under the virus? I like to think of myself as an eternal optimist but for myself if Trump were to win re-election, I think I may become an eternal pessimist. What do you think?
    IF your rich & white you'll be fine. No problemo.

Everybody else? Get ready for the end of life as we knew it. If we stay under a million dead of covid by 2024 it will be a minor miracle.

Russia steam rolls into Belarus but comes to a sudden stop outside Finland. The Swedes/Norway stockpile the Baltic Sea with mines. The Italians getting busy expanding American bases in the Adriatic Sea. Expect to see German/French/Danish/English U-boats & destroyers cruising those oceans. US fleet will have assets parked inside the Mediterranean Sea. 2 maybe 3 battle carrier groups rotating probably forever.

Estonia renamed Putanistan. China...laughs & laughs.

No. But it will mean the end of his presidency after another four years, if he survives. Still wondering if some nutbag isn't just going to shoot him. The next president is in being elected in a year divisible by 20 and its been a while since there was a real assassination attempt on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    You guys should build a wall on your southern border. I hear that’s a pretty popular idea these days.
    There is already a wall in lots of the populated parts, at least in California, built under Clinton.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

Well, obviously America won't end soon, because America is a continent. Eventually, rising sea levels, the movement of tectonic plates and the heat-death of the universe will take this continent away. States, on the other hand, are artificial constructs and they can easily go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Well first, Democracy and America (the country) are not one and the same. So, you can have America end without Democracy being forever dead along with it.

As far as America ending ... you know, nothing lasts forever. The planet will actually die one day, the sun will ... both long after the human race as we know has ended, I'd imagine. So you know, if you consider it from that kind of timeline, we can pretty easily say that it's really on the optimistic side to say that America will die, well before the human race will. (I mean, some hard core patriots would rather that wouldn't be the case, but those people are insane.)

From a non-nihilistic, non-Rapture-Is-Coming kind of mindset, we'd have to realistically be aware that America will in fact end one day. I don't personally think that's in the next few years, but who knows, we could all be surprised.

I think the really important question to consider is if the US government as it exists were to collapse, would the people formerly known as Americans be able to come up with something better, or would we devolve into some kind of Mad Max post-apocalyptic dystopia?

Maybe we would create a better Democracy from America's ashes?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

Oh for Pete's sake, of course America will be okay.

Trump's been in office for almost 4 years and with the exception of COVID and it's affect on the economy, we still have the same problems we've always had.

The reason liberals hate Trump is because he's not pandering to their causes. If you live in Texas, like I do, most people are happier than they've been since Reagan was in office.

Let the name-calling begin.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

Trump's been in office for almost 4 years and with the exception of COVID and it's affect on the economy, we still have the same problems we've always had.

The reason liberals hate Trump is because he's not pandering to their causes. If you live in Texas, like I do, most people are happier than they've been since Reagan was in office.

I'm mostly a lurker here myself but I have to ask, do you read this thread? Because, "because he's not pandering to their causes" makes it seem like you don't. I mean, you have multiple people who don't even consider themselves liberal, who dislike Trump.

Plus, I don't think name calling is allowed. Moderators, and all.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

If you live in Texas, like I do, most people* are happier than they've been since Reagan was in office.
    *Straight White Christians

You poopyface!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

This is decidedly not true, even if Trump implemented every longstanding left wing policy objective, I'm pretty sure we would all still hate him. He's just a slimy, repulsive guy and anyone with half a brain knows not to trust people like him even if, especially if, they happen to be saying things you agree with. Hell, Trump himself has spent most of his life trying to ingratiate himself with the mostly liberal upper crust of New York society, and they've pretty much told him to **** off at every turn. The only reason he rebranded himself as a conservative is because inbred red staters are the only ones dumb enough to believe all of his BS.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 10-26-2020 at 05:45 PM.