Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Under represented people groups in comics.

Inuit People: indigenous peoples in general are under represented, but while other types of indigenous North American groups have some (poorly done usually) representation, Inuit people have none as far as I can tell.

Non American countries: China has the most populated country on earth but only has a handful of superheroes, yet you can’t walk a block in New York with out seeing one? Doesn’t really make sense does it.

Hispanic superheroes: you would think their would me more given the growing power of the Hispanic population in America.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'd accept that most Chinese supers don't get out of their country much, and it's a huge country. Same with other countries. Practically all stories don't focus on other countries. But there's like 1 million Chinese descent in New York City. I would expect more of them as costumed adventurers.

Marvel's Inuit Unite!

* Harpoon
    * Ice Princess
    * that new girl in Champions.. Snowguard?
    * Moonstalker of the Young Gods
    * Moon Wolf (from 90s Seagle X-Men ish with the crows)
    * Acolyte Katu

Always wanted more from a few of these guys.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-07-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Why does Russia have only white superheroes in Marvel Comics. Not all Russians are White Russians. Russia is a multinational state, with more than 186 ethnic groups including Tatars and Chechens within its borders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Russia

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

If it's according to the biggest populations then there should be more Desi, Southeast Asian, Chinese, Brazilian, Congolese etc heroes.

But if it's just heroes based in the USA, I still think there should be more heroes with immigrant backgrounds (China, the Philippines, Jamaica etc).

If you look at every minority hero according to their individual ethnic groups(like Inuit) and not nationalities/race then most of them are underrepresented.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Practically every one...the large majority of lead characters are better looking than Hollywood film stars