Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I know not everyone who voted for Trump is a bad person,
    If you keep showing up to the same parties as the skinheads, knowing they'll be there, you just might be a bad person. It's called co signing. It's definitely not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If you keep showing up to the same parties as the skinheads, knowing they'll be there, you just might be a bad person. It's called co signing. It's definitely not good.
    That is true! It's similar to the "very fine people" line.

What is disturbing is the hate of the other side… and because of this hate, they are able to side with unsavory people.
    People of good will should be able to recognize each other and to find a common ground.
    I wonder when such a hate has started…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Well, there's always been hate. But politicians weaponized our beliefs so that we'd fight each other, so that A) we wouldn't pay attention to them, and B) they could hold on to power.

And when I say "politicians" I mean Republicans.

Well, there's always been hate. But politicians weaponized our beliefs so that we'd fight each other, so that A) we wouldn't pay attention to them, and B) they could hold on to power.

And when I say "politicians" I mean Republicans.
    What word do you use when you actually mean “politicians”?

( Call me eccentric but I always say Republicans when I mean Republicans...)

Boisterously Confused

So, after getting called about by The Trump Boys, several Republicans, including Graham and Cruz, started beating Trump's "illegitimate votes" drum.

If defeated (and it's looking more and more likely) will Trump be able to keep these enabling GOPers in line? I can certainly see them quaking in fear of Trump Tweeting away from Mar-a-Lago and mobilizing hordes from within their own states against them.

Alternatively, do guys like Cruz, and Graham think that Trump is done, and that they can pick up his base?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So, after getting called about by The Trump Boys, several Republicans, including Graham and Cruz, started beating Trump's "illegitimate votes" drum.

If defeated (and it's looking more and more likely) will Trump be able to keep these enabling GOPers in line? I can certainly see them quaking in fear of Trump Tweeting away from Mar-a-Lago and mobilizing hordes from within their own states against them.

Alternatively, do guys like Cruz, and Graham think that Trump is done, and that they can pick up his base?
    They all fear him for some reason or fear they will get kicked out of the party for not falling in line for his nonsense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    They all fear him for some reason or fear they will get kicked out of the party for not falling in line for his nonsense.
    That will all change very quickly once the results are finalized. It's starting to look like a blue wipeout.

They will only beat the drum to incorporate his supporters on their side.

Mitch McConnell is probably already ordering the moving truck, and quietly preparing to pack Trump's suitcase out the door.

Mighty Member

The real face of right wing populism reveals itself in defeat. Steve Bannon banned from twitter for advocating the beheading of Dr. Anthony Fauci.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/tech/...ion/index.html

"I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone."

This isn't a dictatorship Steve, it's Dr. Fauci's job to relay the sceince of COVID to the general public.

Dr. Fauci should be given a medal of honour for upholding empirical science in light of a President who is detached from reality, and was going to drag the United States through Jonestown if he got re-elected. You and your followers are paranoid nutters!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    That will all change very quickly once the results are finalized. It's starting to look like a blue wipeout.

Mitch McConnell is probably already ordering the moving truck, and quietly preparing to pack Trump's suitcase out the door.
    Donald was cracking badly last month with his upping things on Stimulus talks and putting McConnell and company in a risky spot. In fact as it was McConnell who would come out and go , we never said we'd do all this ! He was growing frustrated with Trump being well....Donald Trump. He likely is telling people , we can talk to Joe Biden. We can at least talk and work possibly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Donald was cracking badly last month with his upping things on Stimulus talks and putting McConnell and company in a risky spot. In fact as it was McConnell who would come out and go , we never said we'd do all this ! He was growing frustrated with Trump being well....Donald Trump. He likely is telling people , we can talk to Joe Biden. We can at least talk and work possibly.
    I think it at least as likely that McConnell's calling for his aides to dust off The Obstruct-Obama Playbook to prep the ground for 2024.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I'm just glad we'll never know.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It doesn't look like he is winning so far. Biden appears to be ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post

This. Whatever deal they had is null and void when Trump leaves the Whitehouse. Chances are Trump will be busy trying to keep himself out of jail anyway.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Retired

It would be nice if the progressive Democrats won any real power, because they might go after Trump. But a guy like Biden--I wouldn't be surprised if he suspended any actions against Trump "for the good of the nation."