View Poll Results: Do You Think Zack Will Ever Back To Direct More Films?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure. It’s possible.

6 20.69%
  • No way, his DC days are over.

15 51.72%
  • I’m not sure.

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default After Justice League: Do You Think Zack Snyder Will Ever Do Another DC Film?

Do you think Zack Snyder will ever be involved with DC-On-Film ever again following his cut of Justice League being done? I think it’s very likely Snyder comes back for a JL sequel. It doesn’t have to be live-action, if it isn’t practical enough to do it in live-action then it’s possible to make it an animated movie. If it isn’t anything to do with anything to do with the trinity, I could easily see Snyder doing a Question movie.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-23-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I think it’s hard to say honestly. I mean this isn’t exactly the next big step for dc movies, it’s just more that they are catering to fans of his work and allowing Snyder to finish his version of what Justice League would have been. But once it’s said and done it’s hard to imagine that his vision will continue because of the way DC is moving forward with other movies, tv shows, and the multiverse it wants to create. We don’t even have a concrete plan or story structure, it’s just make more movies at this point.

I mean what even happens if it does successfully, does he then just get the HBO Max Snyder-verse where he makes what he wants? Does there get to be a Justice League 2 based off the alternative take of the movie? What does Snyder himself even want to do when this is all said and done? It’s kind of a tough situation to read at the moment,
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

No I don't. But Lord knows the "Snyder is the devil" crowd won't shut up about it for the next five years or so instead of just watching the crap that actually makes them happy.

Will he even be given that choice tho...

Spectacular Member

It'll depend on how well ZSJL does but he definitely won't be doing any more movies. I personally hope he finishes after the cut

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Do I want another from him? No.

He was able to milk $70 million more for another movie, though, so clearly he has more pull than people give him credit for. Who knows? I certainly hope he does not.

No way are they giving Snyder $70 million, the equivalent of a full blown new movie, and just leaving it at that. They are betting big on him, again, as idiotic as that is. I hope they aren’t expect it to review well because this seems to be BvS Snyder wholly unchecked. So I fully expect a JL2 although whether as a theatrical or MAX miniseries I dunno. I also expect another Batffleck project although I don’t think that will be a movie, just an HBO Max mini.

I’d love to be wrong and for this to be it. I hate that he’s still got Superman locked down to him, given how awful both he and Cavill’s conception of the character is to me.

I don’t think they’d ever give him a full theatrical release movie, but with the COVID situation the studios are forced to rely almost entirely on streaming movies which could allow Snyder more opportunities with the DC characters. I could see them allowing him to produce something like a Joe Man Deathstroke show for HBO Max.

I want to say no, because like seriously, but I actually had to go with i don’t know. Not only are they letting him rerelease JL they are putting even more money into it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The thing is, once you remove all of the fanboyisms, Snyder is a pretty good director IF he is given oversight.

I absolutely adore Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Man of Steel.

I just think he shouldn't be allowed carte blanche on any project.

He needs a firm hand, but I would love him on a Batman Year 100 style story - where continuity doesn't matter.

Incredible Member

I hope not. DC deserves better director than an arrogant Razzies winner. AT&T is crazy to invest on this failure over and over again just because his cult fans have been harassing people for over 2 years.

I sure hope not. Feels like the DCEU is finally headed in the right direction after WW, Aquaman, and Shazam (plus looking forward to WW 2 and Suicide Squad 2). I do not want to go back to dceu being the snyderverse.

If he has to direct something, let it be some sort of Batman thing so i can ignore it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What does WB feel about him?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If it ends up being profitable enough to warrant more, I don't see why not. The detractors may not like it, but if it's successful, not much they can do about it.

I personally could do with less DC output from him at this point and a year ago I would have said "no way," but this Snyder cut is taking on an unprecedented life of its own, so I feel like anything goes at this point.

I'll gladly eat crow if it ends up being good and somehow validating the entire arc he began in MoS, but I'm expecting it to be a train wreck of epic proportions and all the egos involved in this would make it an even bigger one than BvS. I at least hope it's an entertaining, baffling "so bad it's good" movie.

Extraordinary Member

Personally, I would never allow him near a director's chair again; he's just a terrible director and story teller. That bit where he allowed the effects team to put their little dick joke on screen in MoS, there to ruin what could have been a majestic scene, well, that's just an example of his lack of discipline as a director, and he just can't pull a good performance from actors, especially if they really need his help, the lesser lights.

That said, I have no idea what WB/ATT are thinking.