Extraordinary Member

Default Benimaru Shinmon (Fire Force) vs. Yami Sukehiro (Black Clover)

The captain of Fire Force Company 7 takes on the captain of the Magic Knight Squad the Black Bulls.

Fire against darkness.

Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmrmrmrmmmmmm...

This is quite difficult.

On paper, Yami with his body reading and nightmarishly lethal moves should have the edge. Like, Dimension Slash and black holes are really powerful.

But...

Benimaru tho.

(If I could I would post a Benimaru fancam, I love the obnoxious bastard.)

He's just really horrendously powerful and has pretty crazy stats. He's consistently been able to just beat the **** out of Arthur and Shinra with ease. We've barely ever seen him have to try that much to win and he mostly just has to hold back to avoid nuking everything around him.

My head says Yami but my heart says Benimaru.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-30-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say that Yami has the superior range game, Benimaru can absolutely blast people with fire but we mostly see him destroy opponents up close.

When it comes to close combat it's more even, with both of them being able to mess up the other if they can get a hit in. Though, Yami's ki reading might give him the edge there as well.

If we spot him some brooms I think that Beni is more mobile.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-30-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd say that Yami has the superior range game, Benimaru can absolutely blast people with fire but we mostly see him destroy opponents up close.

When it comes to close combat it's more even, with both of them being able to mess up the other if they can get a hit in. Though, Yami's ki reading might give him the edge there as well.

If we spot him some brooms I think that Beni is more mobile.
    A broom or two would give him a useful range and mobility boost. Recall that he was blowing away multiple buildings just by winging a broom at them and his flight speed and control is good enough to have high speed battles with other flying opponents.

My feeling is that Yami can just pin him down with a black hole long enough to get the dimension slash on him. One of the things that makes Benimaru so scary in his own setting, quite apart from his ridiculous stats and firepower, is that he can just completely control all thermal energy within 4 metres of his body. That means that 99% of the rest of the cast can barely touch him.

Yami doesn't have that problem.