Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,159

    Default S-class heroes VS Lord Boros (One Punch Man)

    Saitama decides he's fed up with the arrogant hero's association and sits the fight with Boros out.

    How do the S-class heroes do against Boros?

  2. #2
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Tatsumaki probably kills him.

    They will likely have issues if he decides to try and lay waste to the planet, since none of them can easily suppress or reflect that level of firepower.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #3
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Really, power creep in the redraws have come to *that* much? Because nothing in the original ONE webcomics have Tatsumaki ever coming close to Boros.

  4. #4
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Really, power creep in the redraws have come to *that* much? Because nothing in the original ONE webcomics have Tatsumaki ever coming close to Boros.
    Even in the original webcomic she's always been depicted as the closest feated character to Saitama excerpt for Garou. Her excavation of the Monster Association HQ and then Saitama's table flip of the same as an example.

    Her powerset is also super good at dealing with physical based fighters. Boros can't fly under his own power and, as far as we know, he doesn't have the "density of spirit," passive defence that Saitama has to protect him from her twisting him to pieces.

    It would be a tough fight but with Flashy Flash, Atomic Samurai and peak Silver Fang running interference, I have little doubt she can take him out or throw him into space or something.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #5
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,453

    Default

    Yeah, this seems to be Tatsumaki's fight to lose, just because Boros doesn't really have a way to deal with what she can do to him, lacking feats for flight primarily.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013

    Default

    If we assume, based on statements from WoG, that Boros is in the same speed tier as Garou at his peak, then I'm pretty sure the association, Tatsumaki included, get blitzed into the ground.
    Last edited by Cody; 10-24-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  7. #7
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    In addition to the above speed point, Boros is a guy who by sheer *ambient heat of his movent* is able to turn large sections of his city-sized spaceship into molten slag. Tatsumaki is still of human-level durability, and unless her TK is somehow able to deal with ambient 360 degree heat, standard Rumbles distance means she (and likely Child Emperor as well) get deep fried the moment Boros starts moving. I don't see the rest of the Heroes Association doing too well either.

    Moreover, twisting Boros into a pretzel means jack and squat. It's basically space toss or nothing.
    Last edited by Twickster; 10-24-2020 at 09:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Even in the original webcomic she's always been depicted as the closest feated character to Saitama excerpt for Garou. Her excavation of the Monster Association HQ and then Saitama's table flip of the same as an example.
    I don't think that's a good comparison to make - particularly because I don't agree that such a scene was meant in any way by the author as some measure of parity. Saitama, by feats and presentation, is so far above her that having both scenes be so close to each other is nothing more than hilarious coincidence. It's no more relevant to depict her level as somehow "closer" to Saitama than kicking someone to the moon, then Saitama kicking himself back, or a planet-razing attack that Saitama counters and exceeds through sheer air pressure (both of which I would rate as higher than flipping the Monster Association HQ anyway).
    Last edited by Twickster; 10-24-2020 at 09:20 AM.

  9. #9
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I don't think that's a good comparison to make - particularly because I don't agree that such a scene was meant in any way by the author as some measure of parity. Saitama, by feats and presentation, is so far above her that having both scenes be so close to each other is nothing more than hilarious coincidence. It's no more relevant to depict her level as somehow "closer" to Saitama than kicking someone to the moon, then Saitama kicking himself back, or a planet-razing attack that Saitama counters and exceeds through sheer air pressure (both of which I would rate as higher than flipping the Monster Association HQ anyway).
    My point was less that Tatsumaki is directly comparable to Saitama, more that Tatsumaki is the closest person to Saitama who has a lot of feats apart from perhaps Boros himself.

    Boros is really tricky to talk about because all his feats were against Saitama who, according to Boros himself "didn't bare his fangs even once," in their match up. We have Max Garou as a rough point of comparison for Boros via word of god, but that doesn't really help us figure out individual stats. Garou, for example, never shows anything to indicate himself being as physically strong as Boros while Boros has zero speed feats to match up with Instant God Slayer Fist.

    Both are utterly outclassed by Saitama, neither being able to force him to try, so gauging Boros is tough to accurately pitch.

    Now, Tatsumaki actually has done a bunch of ridiculous things outside of her own contest with Saitama. Her shields, even after having a minor brain hemorrhage, held up against Garou and Golden Sperm so even with her normal human physiology she didn't die. She's pulled city sized objects from deep in the earth to the surface, blocked a beam that had previously cut a significant chunk off the planet, effortlessly pulled large enough chunks out of the earth to defend an entire coastline from mass tidal waves and pulls meteors out of space with ease.

    Her range, defensive abilities and raw power is flatly ridiculous.

    Also, because Boros has no natural defence to just being levitated and flung into space, like Saitama does, he can't really stop her from doing that. I don't think she could block his planetary destroying energy roar thing but she could just like keep tearing him to pieces so he has to focus on regeneration rather than firing a beam.

    She is match up bad.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-24-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  10. #10
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,129

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  11. #11
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,751

    Default

    Boros also isn't starting in "Melty Mode". So there's even odds he'll just get flung into orbit before that's a threat I'd think?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My point was less that Tatsumaki is directly comparable to Saitama, more that Tatsumaki is the closest person to Saitama who has a lot of feats apart from perhaps Boros himself.

    Boros is really tricky to talk about because all his feats were against Saitama who, according to Boros himself "didn't bare his fangs even once," in their match up. We have Max Garou as a rough point of comparison for Boros via word of god, but that doesn't really help us figure out individual stats. Garou, for example, never shows anything to indicate himself being as physically strong as Boros while Boros has zero speed feats to match up with Instant God Slayer Fist.

    Both are utterly outclassed by Saitama, neither being able to force him to try, so gauging Boros is tough to accurately pitch.

    Now, Tatsumaki actually has done a bunch of ridiculous things outside of her own contest with Saitama. Her shields, even after having a minor brain hemorrhage, held up against Garou and Golden Sperm so even with her normal human physiology she didn't die. She's pulled city sized objects from deep in the earth to the surface, blocked a beam that had previously cut a significant chunk off the planet, effortlessly pulled large enough chunks out of the earth to defend an entire coastline from mass tidal waves and pulls meteors out of space with ease.

    Her range, defensive abilities and raw power is flatly ridiculous.

    Also, because Boros has no natural defence to just being levitated and flung into space, like Saitama does, he can't really stop her from doing that. I don't think she could block his planetary destroying energy roar thing but she could just like keep tearing him to pieces so he has to focus on regeneration rather than firing a beam.

    She is match up bad.
    What is there to suggest she could tear him apart though? In addition to regen, he was tough enough to receive several punches from Saitama without relying on his healing abilities. Heck, before he was blown to pieces prior to using his most powerful attack, he withstood the beginning of Saitamas consecutive normal punch barrage, only to be ripped apart by the end of it. Saitamas normal punches shatter planet destroying meteors. While in sure Tsunami could damage Boros to an extent, she will have to put her all into it and that will take too mich time. The fact that Boros tears up his own ship just by moving so fast kinda suggests he is too fast for Tatsumaki to do anything before he one shots her.

    The others aren't even a factor to take into consideration, their little more than statues to him and most of then will be torn apart just by being in close proximity to him zipping around.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  13. #13
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What is there to suggest she could tear him apart though? In addition to regen, he was tough enough to receive several punches from Saitama without relying on his healing abilities.

    Heck, before he was blown to pieces prior to using his most powerful attack, he withstood the beginning of Saitamas consecutive normal punch barrage, only to be ripped apart by the end of it.
    I don't know what you mean by this? Saitama literally blasted him into paste with consecutive normal punches, that's hardly a good durability feat.

    Saitamas normal punches shatter planet destroying meteors.
    City destroying. It was never stated to be planet destroying nor was it a particularly big rock. I have zero doubt Tatsumaki could easily replicate that level of force easily.

    While in sure Tsunami could damage Boros to an extent, she will have to put her all into it and that will take too mich time. The fact that Boros tears up his own ship just by moving so fast kinda suggests he is too fast for Tatsumaki to do anything before he one shots her.
    I mean you say "by moving fast," this isn't exactly a real speed feat, it's more the fact that Boros gives off a shit ton of energy as he does stuff, plus Tatsumaki is plenty fast in the reactions department in her own right.

    The others aren't even a factor to take into consideration, their little more than statues to him and most of then will be torn apart just by being in close proximity to him zipping around.
    I've not really mentioned them as part of my argument, but for funzies, name one actual feat that puts Boros in the same league as Flashy Flash.

    I will wait.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,322

    Default

    held up against Garou and Golden Sperm
    What.

    *character limit*

  15. #15
    Mighty Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    City destroying. It was never stated to be planet destroying nor was it a particularly big rock. I have zero doubt Tatsumaki could easily replicate that level of force easily.
    I dunno, man. It looked as big as the city itself.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •