Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I thought Golden Sperm was stated by One to be below both Boros and Awakened Garou's level. Because Tata got lol noped by Sperm, and the two stronger dudes would do the same.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I thought Golden Sperm was stated by One to be below both Boros and Awakened Garou's level. Because Tata got lol noped by Sperm, and the two stronger dudes would do the same.
    Golden Sperm got flattened by Garou in short order he's mad strong but not on their level.

He resisted having his head twisted off but that was from a Tatsumaki who had recently had a brain haemorrhage so she wasn't at the peak of her power.

It's also worth noting that even in that state, Tatsumaki was capable of temporarily completely restraining Perfected Garou which is confusing given she failed to do the same to Golden Sperm who was much weaker. Even then she was crabbing about how if her brain hadn't been damaged by Psykos earlier in the fight, she'd be able to handle him.

Lot of caveats here. We're also getting dangerously close to the divergent interpretations of OPM being a factor. Tatsumaki in the Murata version is absurdly more powerful than the webcomic version and the plots are already way different.

My view is she just throws Boros into space. If, at low power with a brain injury, she can restrain Perfected Garou, she can definitely throw Boros into space at the peak of her power.

Huh, an interesting thing to note.

I was spooling through the OPM webcomic and rolled into the Garou/Saitama fight.

You will recall that Boros was famously reduced to paste by consecutive normal punches? Garou took the same move and was still in one piece, he only coughed up some blood and didn't otherwise noticeably slow down. He also takes other individual hits that plunge him into the earth and send him flying high enough that Saitama has to wait for like... fifteen seconds or whatever for him to come back down. At no point does he lose limbs or be reduced to paste.

Regardless of what ONE says, and with the caveat that this could change in the Murata version in time, my view is that Garou seems way faster, more skilled and significantly more durable than Boros. The only place Boros would appear to have him beaten would be in raw strength and energy projection.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    significantly more durable than Boros. The only place Boros would appear to have him beaten would be in raw strength and energy projection.
    Boros has superior healing capabilities, evening out the durability edge of Garous, I'd say.
    Last edited by Cody; 10-28-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Thread closed for review
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Thread will now be re-opened.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In all fairness, Saitama seemed to be treating Garou as some dude playing dress up and who was lying about trying to hurt innocents the entire time (and was also the first "monster" that had held back while attacking Saitama during their first exchange) while Boros had introduced himself by bombing a city into rubble. Saitama had no real reason to *want* to splatter Garou, only keep up long enough for Garou to run out of steam and stop making a nuisance for everyone while he chuunibyoued it up.

EDIT: And when Garou got to his largest and probably strongest form, Saitama casually splattered his arm (which Garou then instantly regenerated, at least somewhat mitigating that advantage that Boros might have had in a straight fight) though from Saitama's perspective that the entire transformation was just a costume that may have been because he assumed that the real Garou was nowhere near the region that he destroyed.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-29-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Right, so Cody has actually removed some of his responses to my arguments but fortunately I remember some of them.

He requested greater clarity on Tatusmaki's feats:

This is the chunk that Psykos cut off the planet with her main beam attack:

Tatsumaki subsequently blocked a blast from the same beam and flicked it away with contemptuous ease. She most certainly can deal with the ambient energy put out by Boros' body in his Meteoric Burst form or even his direct attacks that tore vast swathes out of his ship. As noted on multiple occasions, Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon is another matter based on what it was implied to do, but my view is that she space tosses him before he even transforms and gets to that point.

At this link you will see her twisting the city. Please be aware that the vast majority of her power is focused on the tower at the centre of the second image. This is far more powerful than the normal level of force output by Saitama's regular punches in terms of scale. Between this and her being able to stunlock Perfect Garou while on the dregs of her power in the webcomic, I have little doubt that she can stunlock, manipulate, probably even dismember, and space-toss Boros.

For the scale of the meteor versus the rocks Tatsumaki pulled out of the ground, I have made some annotations to previously posted images in order to make my point clear.

See here, the meteor. Note the rock in red, the city in green and, critically, Saitama in blue.

Now note the second image, rocks in red and city in green.

I hope this makes the scale clear. Also, see here for another shot of Tatsumaki's rocks where you can see them being analogous to some nearby mountains.

Heck, you know what, just to be extra clear - here's a fun sequence to illustrate how big the rocks are.

In this sequence, Tatsumaki blasts out through a 30 storey building that is on top of the Monster Association HQ she dragged to the surface. On the second page we can see there is enough space on the top of the tower for several buildings of that scale, like ten of them, so the tower is very big.

On the third page we see Psykos' full form on the top of the tower. Eyeballing it, the 30 storey building from before would be the size of the forearms of her human parts. She is ridiculously big.

Okay, so flashing forward, when Tatsumaki is throwing the big rocks she pulled out to stop the tsunami at Psykos...

One of the rocks hits her dead on and we can see that it is many times larger than Psykos' entire monster body. Remember, her human forearm is the size of multi-storey building. These rocks are REAL big.

I hope I have made myself clear; the individual rocks are much larger than the meteor and, lest we forget, Tatsumaki is lifting tons of them at the same time with ease along an entire coastline. It is a ridiculously higher end feat than Saitama's meteor punch.

I think that covers about everything. Let me know if we need more. Let it not be said that I do not do my research.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-13-2022 at 03:35 AM.

I'm surprised it was even a question, Tatsumaki's oomph. Your breakdown just makes it kinda impossible to ignore.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The thing with spacetossing Boros is that he may just be able to use his energy blasting abilities to rocket himself back if he isn't permanently impaired beforehand (or by being out of the atmosphere), depending on whether or not there's any recoil with said energy blasting.

Can we please take a moment to appreciate Murata's AMAZING artwork?

@ Nik Hasta
    The size of the previous 30 story building is much bigger than her forearms. I would say it's more accurate at a third of her body. The ripped rock stuff was shown above mountains and fairly close in size. That's good enough to just call them mountain sized, I think. Of course there's hundreds of them.

Not really sure even with that level of force/pressure on someone if it's better than kicking someone to the moon, and having that durability too. Like isn't moon kicking someone up into Angry Hulk levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Right, so Cody has actually removed some of his responses to my arguments but fortunately I remember some of them.

He requested greater clarity on Tatusmaki's feats:

This is the chunk that Psykos cut off the planet with her main beam attack:

Tatsumaki subsequently blocked a blast from the same beam and flicked it away with contemptuous ease. She most certainly can deal with the ambient energy put out by Boros' body in his Meteoric Burst form or even his direct attacks that tore vast swathes out of his ship. As noted on multiple occasions, Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon is another matter based on what it was implied to do, but my view is that she space tosses him before he even transforms and gets to that point.

At this link you will see her twisting the city. Please be aware that the vast majority of her power is focused on the tower at the centre of the second image. This is far more powerful than the normal level of force output by Saitama's regular punches in terms of scale. Between this and her being able to stunlock Perfect Garou while on the dregs of her power in the webcomic, I have little doubt that she can stunlock, manipulate, probably even dismember, and space-toss Boros.

For the scale of the meteor versus the rocks Tatsumaki pulled out of the ground, I have made some annotations to previously posted images in order to make my point clear.

See here, the meteor. Note the rock in red, the city in green and, critically, Saitama in blue.

Now note the second image, rocks in red and city in green.

I hope this makes the scale clear. Also, see here for another shot of Tatsumaki's rocks where you can see them being analogous to some nearby mountains.

Heck, you know what, just to be extra clear - here's a fun sequence to illustrate how big the rocks are.

In this sequence, Tatsumaki blasts out through a 30 storey building that is on top of the Monster Association HQ she dragged to the surface. On the second page we can see there is enough space on the top of the tower for several buildings of that scale, like ten of them, so the tower is very big.

On the third page we see Psykos' full form on the top of the tower. Eyeballing it, the 30 storey building from before would be the size of the forearms of her human parts. She is ridiculously big.

Okay, so flashing forward, when Tatsumaki is throwing the big rocks she pulled out to stop the tsunami at Psykos...

One of the rocks hits her dead on and we can see that it is many times larger than Psykos' entire monster body. Remember, her human forearm is the size of multi-storey building. These rocks are REAL big.

I hope I have made myself clear; the individual rocks are much larger than the meteor and, lest we forget, Tatsumaki is lifting tons of them at the same time with ease along an entire coastline. It is a ridiculously higher end feat than Saitama's meteor punch.

I think that covers about everything. Let me know if we need more. Let it not be said that I do not do my research.
    Yeah, this is precisely what I was saying about power creep in the redraws. I follow the webcomic mostly, since it's hard to get access to Murata's work. I'm now convinced of Tatsumaki's power level as far as the manga is concerned, but then let it be said that she does nothing close to this as far as the original webcomic is concerned.

Given the power creep, probably best to identify which continuity is being talked about, original or redraws.