View Poll Results: What's your Favourite MCU film, least favourite?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron Man

3 13.64%
  • The Incredible Hulk

1 4.55%
  • Iron Man 2

0 0%
  • Thor

0 0%
  • Captain America: The First Avenger

4 18.18%
  • Avengers Assemble/The Avengers

7 31.82%
  • Iron Man 3

1 4.55%
  • Thor: The Dark World

0 0%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

7 31.82%
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Favourite MCU Film?

Hiya, everyone. Posting this thread and poll to see what everyones' tastes and opinions are, regarding the Marvel Studios films spanning from 2008s' Iron Man, to this years' Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Of course, like with the thread on Marvel sequels, right after X-Men: Days Of Future Past, the recent release, having just seen, and being let down, or blown away, by the new film, might well sway things a bit. But after seeing GOTG on Friday, whatever I may well have felt about it, I just felt so very much in the mood after seeing it, that I wanted to see what everyone thought.

I'm betting Captain America: The Winter Solider'll top the list here, after all the gleaming positivity I've heard about it from many a poster. Just can't decide myself, as I'm not into Cap, and am not sure if the others would be my least favourite, or most. Happy enough with the Thors. Avengers will always be a massive achievement, despite some things I'd like improved, but hopefully will be in Age Of Ultron - i.e. swathe of enemies that don't seem to pose the biggest challenge, bar some cases, just defeating one after another, want to worry less about Black Widow getting hurt, as she displayed an emotional vulnerability that got me concerned, or even just looking at the actor, and not sure if she could do it. Maybe that's just me there, but say people'll understand about the first.

Wish there was another Hulk film, with Ruffalo, whether they continue with that or not. A solid film, though they could've picked a better future Leader, though perhaps he'll prove himself in future. Also, like Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns, was an underwhelming female lead in Liv Tyler. One of the best fights on the MCU so far for, though Malekith v Thor was fairly good, Iron Man v Mandarin relatively inventive.

But, don't let my opinions sway any of you! Just vote away, regardless of what I've said, or having seen Guardians, or even all the bubbling away about the wonderful Winter Solider! Feel free to POST away too, as I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the various films, all in one concise place

Extraordinary Member

Still Avengers, will always be the top. If it wasn't for that film, I might have steered away from comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Still Avengers, will always be the top. If it wasn't for that film, I might have steered away from comics.
    Glad to hear people still liking it. Excited out of my head when I was in line for it, saying 'Avengers Assemballll!' Saying I was Black Widow going in.

Any reason it saved you from comic book annhilation?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Glad to hear people still liking it. Excited out of my head when I was in line for it, saying 'Avengers Assemballll!' Saying I was Black Widow going in.

Any reason it saved you from comic book annhilation?
    2012 was the year I started comics, February I believe. I saw the Avengers poster in a comic and thought, why not? It was like the hammer in the nail which really made me LOVE superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    2012 was the year I started comics, February I believe. I saw the Avengers poster in a comic and thought, why not? It was like the hammer in the nail which really made me LOVE superheroes.
    I like hearing that hammer thing, considering. Nice that something as simple as that got you into them. It was the 90s' Spider-Man animated series for me. Got me reading Spider-Man, then Fantastic Four, Ultimate and on, at least reprints, month to month.

Well done, Avengers.
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 08-17-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I like hearing that hammer thing, considering. Nice that something as simple as that got you into them. It was the 90s' Spider-Man animated series for me. Got me reading Spider-Man, then Fantastic Four, Ultimate and one, at least reprints, month to month.

Well done, Avengers.
    Sweet. I like how it leads on.
    Don't get me wrong, Winter Soldier is SERIOUSLY close to number 1 but, because of the sentimental feeling of Avengers. It'll always be number 1.

Favorite: Captain America (the first one; I don't care for the FA subtitle)
    Least Favorite: Iron Man 2 (ugh; boooooring)

If I had to rank them all:

1. Captain America
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Thor: The Dark World
    4. The Incredible Hulk
    5. Thor
    6. The Avengers
    7. Iron Man 3
    8. Iron Man
    9. Iron Man 2

Not especially interested in Guardians of the Galaxy, so haven't seen it yet. But might rent it once it hits Redbox.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Extraordinary Member

Heres my ranking:

1: Avengers
    2: Winter Soldier
    3: Iron Man 3
    4: Thor: Dark World
    5: Thor
    6: GOTG
    7: Iron Man
    8: Iron Man 2
    9: Captain America
    10: Hulk

My ranking:

1. The Avengers
    2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3. Iron Man 2
    4. Iron Man
    5. Thor
    6. GOTG
    7. Iron Man Three
    8. Captain America
    9. Incredible Hulk
    10 Thor: The Dark World

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Captain America The Winter Soldier easily remains on top. The only other two 'official' MCU films I can watch are CATFA and the first Iron Man. The rest, I politely pass on.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Captain America The Winter Soldier easily remains on top. The only other two 'official' MCU films I can watch are CATFA and the first Iron Man. The rest, I politely pass on.
    Even Avengers and Guardians? Any reason?

Am glad to see Tony still get recognition, even after all the films, in MCU and outside, after it. Nice that Cap has such an acclaimed film now than back in say, 70s, 80s, 90s.

My favourite has to be Guardians. So fun, so awesome, and a great soundtrack to boot. Loved it from start to finish. However, Winter Soldier is extremely close behind though. Both films are excellent.

My Ranking:

1) Guardians of the Galaxy
    2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3) Avengers
    4) Captain America: The First Avenger
    5) Iron Man
    6) Iron Man Three
    7) Thor: The Dark World
    8) Thor
    9) The Incredible Hulk
    10) Iron Man 2

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Even Avengers and Guardians? Any reason?

Am glad to see Tony still get recognition, even after all the films, in MCU and outside, after it. Nice that Cap has such an acclaimed film now than back in say, 70s, 80s, 90s.
    Avengers and Guardians: immediately forgot both movies before they ended. To be looking at the time or shifting in my seat while in a theatre means my interest is gone. Not my cup...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

A lot of good movies on this list but for me its Captain America: The Winter Soldier. A well written story about a true Hero. Doesn't get any better than that.

My Ranking

(1) Thor: The Dark World
    (2) Avengers
    (3) The Incredible Hulk
    (4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    (5) Captain America: The First Avenger
    (6) Thor
    (7) Iron Man
    (8) Iron Man 2
    (9) Iron Man 3

have yet to see GOG