Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

[QUOTE=Darthfury78;5204011]I like to see Spidey battle more challenging characters, suck as:

Hmmm

[*]Mystique. Should be easy Spider sense. [*]Nimrod. Love classic Nimrod. X-men struggle against him. Spidey loses[*]Shadow King. See above. [*]Mojo. I like this one. Spiral vs Spidey would be great [*]The Leader[*]The Soviet Super 7[*]Omega Red. I would love to see this fight [*]The Morlocks[*]Dr. Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    great great quick question where do you guys rank Peter in the marvel universe
    In terms of combat capability? Pretty high up there.

He's got a good baseline strength and a diverse set of abilities, and he knows how to creatively apply them and figure out a way to beat any bad guy.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=3pointshooter;5204042]
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I like to see Spidey battle more challenging characters, suck as:

Hmmm

1. Mystique. Should be easy Spider sense.
    2. Nimrod. Love classic Nimrod. X-men struggle against him. Spidey loses
    3. Shadow King. See above.
    4. Mojo. I like this one. Spiral vs Spidey would be great
    5. The Leader
    6. The Soviet Super 7
    7. Omega Red. I would love to see this fight
    8. The Morlocks
    9. Dr. Minerva
    Imagine if Spiral is able to transform back into her human form, Rita Wayward? I see Spiral as an anti-hero due to the fact that Longshot betrayed her when he lost his memories against Mojo a second time. Afterwards, Mojo had Rita rebuilt into the 6-armed creature called Spiral.

Astonishing Member

Of all the fights that haven't been brought up, Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin in Jenkins' Death of the Family comes to mind.

I always has soft spot for the fight in Peter Parker #75 at the end of the Clone Saga. Granted is not the best fight out there, but is just so cool to see Peter power througth everything that Norman threw at him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

We actually do a monthly podcast called "Friday Night Fights" and it looks at the best Spidey fights. Feel free to check it out on the Spider-Man Crawlspace podcast. We've been doing that segment for several years.
    https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...y-night-fight/

Asm 229-230. Nothing else even remotely comes close in my opinion. It’s the perfect example of just what makes Spider-Man who he is. The battle show cases all of abilities and his best attribute, his heart perfectly. It’s a story that has stood the test of time and is by far my favorite Spider-Man story of all time. I usually recommend it to anyone looking to understand the character of Spider-Man.

There are a ton of other “Amazing” Spider-Man fights but to this day....Spider-Man vs Juggernaut still stands atop the pack.

Honestly, nowadays it seems like Marvel has forgotten about the character abilities. Where are the agile poses? The displays of strength? Images of Spidey using his speed/agility to dance around enemies? It seems like Marvel has completely lose their imagination, understanding and creativity when it comes to displaying Spider-Man unique combination of abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In terms of combat capability? Pretty high up there.

He's got a good baseline strength and a diverse set of abilities, and he knows how to creatively apply them and figure out a way to beat any bad guy.
    This.

When you look at his powers such as super strength, durability, speed, agility, wall crawling and Spider-sense.....That alone should make him a threat. Now you toss in arguably the most versatile weapon in marvel the web shooters and combine that with his intelligence and creativity....How the hell isn’t Spider-Man one of the most deadly characters in Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    great great quick question where do you guys rank Peter in the marvel universe
    He’s far higher then any of the street level heroes from (Wolverine,cap, widow, daredevil etc) and far lower then the Marvel heavy hitters (Hulk, Thor etc). He’s literally in a class of his own.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Asm 229-230. Nothing else even remotely comes close in my opinion. It’s the perfect example of just what makes Spider-Man who he is. The battle show cases all of abilities and his best attribute, his heart perfectly. It’s a story that has stood the test of time and is by far my favorite Spider-Man story of all time. I usually recommend it to anyone looking to understand the character of Spider-Man.

There are a ton of other “Amazing” Spider-Man fights but to this day....Spider-Man vs Juggernaut still stands atop the pack.

Honestly, nowadays it seems like Marvel has forgotten about the character abilities. Where are the agile poses? The displays of strength? Images of Spidey using his speed/agility to dance around enemies? It seems like Marvel has completely lose their imagination, understanding and creativity when it comes to displaying Spider-Man unique combination of abilities.
    This.

When you look at his powers such as super strength, durability, speed, agility, wall crawling and Spider-sense.....That alone should make him a threat. Now you toss in arguably the most versatile weapon in marvel the web shooters and combine that with his intelligence and creativity....How the hell isn’t Spider-Man one of the most deadly characters in Marvel?
    He’s far higher then any of the street level heroes from (Wolverine,cap, widow, daredevil etc) and far lower then the Marvel heavy hitters (Hulk, Thor etc). He’s literally in a class of his own.
    Generally cosigned, though I'd say the only reason Spider-Man isn't one of the deadliest characters in Marvel is his aversion toward lethal force, coupled with the tendency to hold back much if not most of his strength so he doesn't accidentally kill someone who can't take a hit from him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Theoretically the other Spiders would be in a similar level, 'cause of the similar power set, though in practice he's above them when it comes to determination, intelligence and improvisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned, though I'd say the only reason Spider-Man isn't one of the deadliest characters in Marvel is his aversion toward lethal force, coupled with the tendency to hold back much if not most of his strength so he doesn't accidentally kill someone who can't take a hit from him.
    That and he wastes his own potential, and I don' mean that bullshit Slott came up with that he sabotages himself because he doesn't want to be above other people or some ****, which in actuality he never did it intentionally (Not even under Slott himself lol), he's strong, and smart, but his creativity when coming up with new stuff has become stale (Something JMS kinda pointed out, though he says that about the Spider-Powers itself, you can apply that to the tech he made too, he pretty much just stopped after like, Spider-Tracer, not counting random stuff he came up with to deal with a villain once), he even can for example make different kinds of webbing, but, doesn't.

So yeah, while you can say a lot of characters hold themselves back in some way, it's noticeable with him.

Edit: Just realized, this is my 2099 post .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-25-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Theoretically the other Spiders would be in a similar level, 'cause of the similar power set, though in practice he's above them when it comes to determination, intelligence and improvisation.

That and he wastes his own potential, and I don' mean that bullshit Slott came up with that he sabotages himself because he doesn't want to be above other people or some ****, which in actuality he never did it intentionally (Not even under Slott himself lol), he's strong, and smart, but his creativity when coming up with new stuff has become stale (Something JMS kinda pointed out, though he says that about the Spider-Powers itself, you can apply that to the tech he made too, he pretty much just stopped after like, Spider-Tracer, not counting random stuff he came up with to deal with a villain once), he even can for example make different kinds of webbing, but, doesn't.

So yeah, while you can say a lot of characters hold themselves back in some way, it's noticeable with him.

Edit: Just realized, this is my 2099 post .
    True enough, and shock, yeah!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This.

Because the degree of his powers seem to fluctuate a lot depending on the story. So in some stories you have him fighting the likes of Hulk when it comes to general Marvel characters, but then the other you have him being almost completely street level and only somewhat above peak human. In some comics he takes punches that would break city blocks but in others a gunshot may kill him. Etc etc. That's really the biggest thing. He is either a high street level hero or just a step below the Marvel heavy hitters depending on the story, that makes him hard to rank.

BANNED

That would be my pick too, I just added the others for variety.