Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Is that Angle Man on the Hall of Justice monitor screen?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I don't like the art, and it's weird how I hated them calling him "Max Lord" but now they've overcorrected and made saying his whole name sound odd in certain instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Is that Angle Man on the Hall of Justice monitor screen?
    I thought so too but doesn't someone else have a similar look? Kite-Man maybe?

At least Giganta is three, I guess. I just really hate this run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I thought so too but doesn't someone else have a similar look? Kite-Man maybe?

At least Giganta is three, I guess. I just really hate this run.
    I assumed it was Kite-Man. I also didn't realize that was Giganta. I thought it was Starfire, but that obviously makes no sense, so Giganta it is.

I started off really enjoying this run. I love the first two issues, and I thought Liar Liar - I already forgot her name. Is it Emma? I did a Google search but it did not immediately come up - would be a good supporting cast member to the mythos. That changed drastically. I do think Tamaki has some good ideas. I do like the idea of Diana and Maxwell Lord working together. I do like the idea of their dynamic being one that tests Diana's limits for compassion - I would argue that's sorely needed - I also like the idea of an island full of supervillains - this could have been a great way to revamp long-gone Wonder Woman villains.

Unfortunately, these ideas are not being executed well. I try my best not to add to the sometimes overwhelming negativity of these threads, but it just feels like Wonder Woman lacks care from the writers, editors, designers, etc. Her world is brimming with writers who have great ideas - I would argue Robinson had great ideas - but it seems to lack anyone who cares enough to help these writers craft engaging stories to bring these characters and their experiences to life.

Anyway, I do like the idea of an Invisible Jet plane crash, and I do like the cover. However, the preview pages incite no excitement within me.

I like the concept of Zandia, but I’m not loving this road trip with Maxwell Lord.

I get wanting an anti-hero or anti-villain along for the ride in the story, but if we’re making Lord a full-time Wonder foe now, let’s get him interacting with more Wonder characters and foes. Maybe that’ll happen in Zandia, we’ll see. The last issue with generic sizzling water robots was unexciting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like the concept of Zandia, but I’m not loving this road trip with Maxwell Lord.

I get wanting an anti-hero or anti-villain along for the ride in the story, but if we’re making Lord a full-time Wonder foe now, let’s get him interacting with more Wonder characters and foes. Maybe that’ll happen in Zandia, we’ll see. The last issue with generic sizzling water robots was unexciting.
    In recent/Rebirth times, I would argue that's an issue in Wonder Woman, in general, outside of Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    In recent/Rebirth times, I would argue that's an issue in Wonder Woman, in general, outside of Rucka.
    Which doesn't make any sense. Rucka set up the foundation and reintroduced some fabulous characters that are now scarcely used. Instead we get Jason and Maggie and Max Lord and... It just sucks.

Fantastic Member

I haven't pick up a WW comics since Dc rebooted after new 52. So WW has lost the ability to fly??? From what i have been reading from following her thread. WW doesn't really save the day, She needs a lot of help or others save the day and save her too. Dc has really watered WW powers down!! WW get her butt kicked a lot! WW is a punching bag now!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-25-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I haven't pick up a WW comics since Dc rebooted after new 52. So WW has lost the ability to fly??? From what i have been reading from following her threat. WW doesn't really save the day, She needs a lot of help or others save the day and save her too. Dc has really watered WW powers down!! WW get her butt kicked a lot! WW is a punching bag now!!
    She has the ability to fly, and it's been shown several times. It's just been inconsistent in its depiction.

Tamaki really out here teasing a WW vs SM fight when she cant even deliver anything above street level for a herald level character... lmao
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

I think this run is ok; I just think it's generally slight.

I'm glad Steve Pugh is back for another issue!

Does anyone know if Tamaki will still be around after the "Future State" event?