Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The X-Office will continue to pretend that [insert d-list mutant here] doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Poor Betsy’s mind will be forced into the new Rockslide’s body by Shadow King, Mojo and Spiral, it’ll get retconned a few times and then everyone will blame her for it.
    Idk why this made me laugh so hard, homegirl really cannot catch a break from the writers or the fans.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Would love for Vulcan to return to “full bad” again.

Well, I’m not a precog but Marvel will probably continue with the “old is new again”.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What I think will happen:
    1 - Children of the Atom will sell bad and cancelled after max 6 issues.
    2 -New Mutants stories and art will get weirder and weirder, a failng attempt to be more like a horror title, like the movie. It will loose public and get cancelled.
    3 - There will still not be a New X-Men title, no matter how hard we beg for it and characters like Surge, Indra, Trance, Hellion, Mercury and Blindfold will still not appear besides maybe the occasional back ground fillers.
    4 - X-23 returns, older and cruel. Synch and Darwin died, not able to resurrect, due to being out of range
    5 - Children of the Vault will return as big villains, including the ones who dies earlier. IOf course we will NOT get an explanation how they came back to live (<that is a Marvel tradition) and the 2nd group w of the Children with Cadena, Luz and Corregidora will be totally forgotten, like they were never there.
    6 - We will not get a Moira solo series and not an X-Corps series.
    7 - Beast will pay for his deeds, finally
    8 - Jubilee, Rogue and Gambit will still barely have a role to play in Excalibur.
    9 - Mystique plans and executes her revanche.
    10 - More on the Chimeras being created, leading to the next crossover

What I hope:
    1 - We will get 3 new titles:
    --- New X-Men, Hellion, Surge, Trance, Indra, Fish, Loa, Match, Mercury and Dust
    --- X-Corps, Archangel, Sunspot, Monet, Anole and others
    --- Moira , including a team of mutants as cast: Banshee, Madrox, Wolfsbane, Pete Wisdom, Magma and Chamber
    2 - Vulcan will become a big bad again.
    3 - Mr. & Mrs. X getting the A-status they deserve.
    4 - Acolytes and Dark Riders reunited
    5 - Justice, Firestar and Silhouette joining Krakoa and start a New Warriors team with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Jubilee, Transonic, Reaper and Wildside.
    There is no "out of range" for "resurrections", there is nothing about the process that suggests actual transmigration; they're copies made from backups on a computer, if they couldn't get a recent one, they'll just use an older one.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-26-2020 at 06:22 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What I think will happen:

What I hope:
    1 - We will get 3 new titles:
    --- New X-Men, Hellion, Surge, Trance, Indra, Fish, Loa, Match, Mercury and Dust
    --- X-Corps, Archangel, Sunspot, Monet, Anole and others
    --- Moira , including a team of mutants as cast: Banshee, Madrox, Wolfsbane, Pete Wisdom, Magma and Chamber
    2 - Vulcan will become a big bad again.
    3 - Mr. & Mrs. X getting the A-status they deserve.
    4 - Acolytes and Dark Riders reunited
    5 - Justice, Firestar and Silhouette joining Krakoa and start a New Warriors team with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Jubilee, Transonic, Reaper and Wildside.

I really wish we would get a New X-Men book. The DeFillipis/Weir era with all the squads and the school is way underrated. Justice for Wallflower, Winddancer and all the depowered/pointlessly killed kids. Even give Wither a shot at redemption.

The one thing I'll disagree on is I don't really want Vulcan going bad again. He can be conflicted but seeing him deal with his mind still being younger but his body older is more interesting.

I do want the Dark Riders and Apocalypse's old Horsemen like Abraham Kieros/Plague and such to return.

Most of all I want Old Cable back and also his son Tyler. Ignored for too long.

Seriously tho let's see some of the Acolytes. Even some of the older ones that died like Chrome. With Magneto and Exodus in positions of power you'd think we'd see them do something.

More integration of non X character mutants. Even obscure ones. Krakoa is supposed to be for all mutants. Justice and Firestar would be great. Even someone like Whirlwind or Mentallo would be interesting since they've had like no interaction before.

Fantastic Member

Excalibur, New Mutants and Marauders gets cancelled or reshuffled. Inferno 2.0: The return of petty Maddie. Search for Doug? Selena makes a move kin Apocalypse haha

Cyclops will attempt to eat a watermelon whole. Cyclops fans will use this to talk about how awesome he is.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Cyclops will attempt to eat a watermelon whole. Cyclops fans will use this to talk about how awesome he is.
    You say that as an insult to Cyclops fans. But we all know Cyclops would f*cking do it.
    “Then it will be done”

My predictions:

Cyclops will continue to appear on group shots and cameo on X-Men issues, while Hickman set up interesting stories about other characters.

Cable will continue to be the only place where I can get good Cyclops moments instead of vague mentions about his polyamorous relationship or whatever is going on.

X of Swords will quickly become the best tittle on the X-line.

Marvel will push Hickman into bringing the bigger Marvel universe into the x-men stories, maybe trying to force an event, possibly a hero vs. hero.

My hopes:

Cyclops will get a solo series written by Christopher Priest or Duggan with art by Mike Henderson.

Or Cyclops get a mini series written by Priest, Elwing or Duggan.

Or Cyclops get a Giant Size written by Hickman.

Sunspot becomes a main character in some title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    My predictions:

Cyclops will continue to appear on group shots and cameo on X-Men issues, while Hickman set up interesting stories about other characters.

Cable will continue to be the only place where I can get good Cyclops moments instead of vague mentions about his polyamorous relationship or whatever is going on.

X of Swords will quickly become the best tittle on the X-line.

Marvel will push Hickman into bringing the bigger Marvel universe into the x-men stories, maybe trying to force an event, possibly a hero vs. hero.

My hopes:

Cyclops will get a solo series written by Christopher Priest or Duggan with art by Mike Henderson.

Or Cyclops get a mini series written by Priest, Elwing or Duggan.

Or Cyclops get a Giant Size written by Hickman.

Sunspot becomes a main character in some title.
    That’s a lot of Cyclops lol. I definitely hope he becomes a less reactionary POV character in X-Men though.

Fantastic Member

If the Council did get a book as Hickman's 2nd title .... or even if not then Sunspot would be a good fit I think.

Actually think he'd be a good replacement for Shaw if he gets the boot. Still has the Hellfire connections.

Astonishing Member

The character you want to see that isn't being used won't be used. 5 more logan solos that vary in quality and characterization

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The character you want to see that isn't being used won't be used. 5 more logan solos that vary in quality and characterization
    Along with him being on 8 teams at once in the spam of just 5 books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Sounds like 2021 could be great! Count me in.