Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Predictions for 2021

As the title suggests...where do we see the X-Line going next year? We’ve obviously got X of Swords out of the way...where do we go now?

I’m hoping to see more of Mystique/Destiny plotline and perhaps a dissection growing in the ranks of Krakoa. As X-Men is essentially Cyclops’ story, I’d love to see him on the wrong side of the council after maybe finding out about the precogs?

Share your thoughts!

Astonishing Member

The vault team will return, do a exposition dump, and do nothing else except Laura who dies or gets mamed to give logan a rage power boost and do everything

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kurt will crouch uncomfortably on his council chair, dispensing sage words of wisdom for another 12 months.

Extraordinary Member

The X-Men title will get a set team like the other titles already do.

Amazing Member

That made me chuckle. Hopefully he will begin the mutant religion

Gambit and Rogue will continue to be wallpapers or written terrible in some satellite book and completely ignored in any major story or event.

As per the rectangle arrangement, Scott will stay in the White Palace with Emma, the Cuckoos, Ruby, Namor and Christian in year 2

Uncanny X-Men Vol 6 will start.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Wolverine & Magik will continue to be featured everywhere.

Monet will be wallpaper & only relevant every 6 months...So I guess twice. lol

Jobbertooth will still be in the hole -one positive. He needs a LONG break.

Krakoa will continue to be corrupt with villains getting off scott-free, and nobody else getting placed in the pits, which seemed to only be created as a way to get rid of Creed. lol

Finally, focus on the same ol' pairings.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt will crouch uncomfortably on his council chair, dispensing sage words of wisdom for another 12 months.
    Sadly, yes!

Then he’ll probably have to deal with his best friend Kitty getting with his Ex who he was gonna propose to.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    What I hope for in Marauders:

More development of Christian and Iceman's relationship.
    Shinobi takes over Sebastian's antagonist role for awhile, but eventually backs off when he finds out that Sebastian lied about his death.
    The Marauders get to take on and beat down Fenris.
    Bishop, Iceman and Pyro go off on a side adventure spanning at least three issues in which we see them all working together as a team and getting real character development. Bishop leads the mission. Pyro gets to say or do something intelligent.
    Pyro has any kind of contact at all with old Brotherhood friends. Especially Avalanche.
    Storm and Callisto go off on a side adventure together.

What I expect to get: More of the same, in which every character except Kitty and Emma are shoved into the background. But I can dream.

On a more positive note, I expect that Hellions will continue to be surprisingly delightful.
    According to the solicits, Storm and Callisto are set to square off once XoS is finished.

I look for good things in The Year Of Our Lord Magneto 2021.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    According to the solicits, Storm and Callisto are set to square off once XoS is finished.

I look for good things in The Year Of Our Lord Magneto 2021.
    I looked up the solicits for Marauders #17, and the cover looks great! I know covers can lie, though. The cover for Marauders #7 had me expecting some epic showdown between Callisto, Bishop and Pyro, and instead the characters barely interacted at all. But here's hoping we really do get some good Storm and Callisto content.

I like the hopes/predictions by title:

MARAUDERS:
    I feel like this title is going to undergo a thematic shift. Maybe we'll see X-Corp ideas incorporated here and Kate will interact with the outside world more as a figurehead for Krakoa

X-FACTOR:
    It seems we may be re-visiting not only past X-Factor members (Siryn) but characters significant to our current cast (Aurora, Wind Dancer, spoilers:
    Malice
    end of spoilers?). I'm gonna guess Madrox, Wallflower (moreso since Elixir is a recurring character), and Scarlet Witch will make their way to the Boneyard.

NEW MUTANTS:
    I have no idea where this title is going and I'm still pretty amped lol

HELLIONS:
    Chimeras!

EXCALIBUR:
    I think we could see the original Excalibur cast join, which I'm honestly so-so about. I love a reunion but I also hate treading old roads for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Sadly, yes!

Then he’ll probably have to deal with his best friend Kitty getting with his Ex who he was gonna propose to.
    Who?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I like the hopes/predictions by title:

MARAUDERS:
    I feel like this title is going to undergo a thematic shift. Maybe we'll see X-Corp ideas incorporated here and Kate will interact with the outside world more as a figurehead for Krakoa

X-FACTOR:
    It seems we may be re-visiting not only past X-Factor members (Siryn) but characters significant to our current cast (Aurora, Wind Dancer, spoilers:
    Malice
    end of spoilers?). I'm gonna guess Madrox, Wallflower (moreso since Elixir is a recurring character), and Scarlet Witch will make their way to the Boneyard.

NEW MUTANTS:
    I have no idea where this title is going and I'm still pretty amped lol

HELLIONS:
    Chimeras!

EXCALIBUR:
    I think we could see the original Excalibur cast join, which I'm honestly so-so about. I love a reunion but I also hate treading old roads for too long.

Who?!?!?
    Rachel. I don’t think it should happen but that doesn’t mean it won’t.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The vault team will return, do a exposition dump, and do nothing else except Laura who dies or gets mamed to give logan a rage power boost and do everything
    I think killing Laura off while intriguing lacks gravitas coz of the protocols.What would really be interesting is showing her with a family she got say with Synch after being there 2000 years.You could have a whole new mutant family that have drifted from the mutant genome.A sort of homo superior novissima- you wouldn't even need to introduce the Neo.Or you could have any of them bond with the CoV and have them accept the CoV as family upon coming out of there