Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Is the grandmaster still living in x-23s head? Was that ever resolved?
    It was the Gamesmaster living in her head. The last we saw of him Hellverine had him caged as a gift to Laura.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No. Judging by his previous work, it would be 3 or 3 and 1/2 years, but this story is bigger in scope, and he only has one regular book, so I imagine it will last a little longer.
    I bet it last until around MCU X-men when they reboot it to be more “classic”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    I bet it last until around MCU X-men when they reboot it to be more “classic”
    That assumes they'll have a "classic" approach to the X-men in the MCU, which is debatable- as we discussed in other threads, they have plenty of reasons to be as far away from Fox's films as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It was the Gamesmaster living in her head. The last we saw of him Hellverine had him caged as a gift to Laura.
    So he stills there but in a cage? Won’t he get out if Laura was killed?

BANNED

That assumes they'll have a "classic" approach to the X-men in the MCU, which is debatable- as we discussed in other threads, they have plenty of reasons to be as far away from Fox's films as possible.
    Yeah those reasons don’t matter anymore in a post Covid world now it’s about tv shows and mutant school teen drama will make money

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    So he stills there but in a cage? Won’t he get out if Laura was killed?
    It was never revealed what happened to him after Hellverine got kicked out.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if it's ever mentioned again. Just like Laura's Hellmark, or her connection to the Unipower.

Good thing the Foxmen films didn't follow the comics!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think we're getting the M-Men/M-Women/Citizens of M/Peopel of M, led by Absolon Mercator. It's going to be very Secret Warriors and they very well may all die in the same story arc they've debuted.

what will probably happen: Excalibur finally gets canceled and the cast is free... and there is much rejoicing

what I hope will happen: Excalibur finally gets canceled and the cast is free... and there is much rejoicing

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    what will probably happen: Excalibur finally gets canceled and the cast is free... and there is much rejoicing

what I hope will happen: Excalibur finally gets canceled and the cast is free... and there is much rejoicing
    What's crazy is that in a few short months WHIZ KID is about to be getting better plot lines than Rogue, Gambit, and Jubes.

Spectacular Member

With Excalibur no longer forced to lay the confusing groundwork to Outworld and the X-Swords crossover event it is able to become the book we all now it can be and give us great stories and allow the character the ability to shine

What I hope for next year:

- Moira, Mystique, Destiny showdown.
    - Drama at the Quiet Council.
    - Kitty gets her revanche
    - Excalibur gets a new writer, artist and roster: Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Pixie, Pete and Kurt.
    - Some of the Arakki Sword bearers stick around: Redroot, Isca, Summoner, Genesis and her kids.
    - Betsy and Kwannon have an arc together.
    - Betsy and Warren have some screen time.
    - A new X-Men cartoon!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member

What I hope for in Marauders:

More development of Christian and Iceman's relationship.
    Shinobi takes over Sebastian's antagonist role for awhile, but eventually backs off when he finds out that Sebastian lied about his death.
    The Marauders get to take on and beat down Fenris.
    Bishop, Iceman and Pyro go off on a side adventure spanning at least three issues in which we see them all working together as a team and getting real character development. Bishop leads the mission. Pyro gets to say or do something intelligent.
    Pyro has any kind of contact at all with old Brotherhood friends. Especially Avalanche.
    Storm and Callisto go off on a side adventure together.

What I expect to get: More of the same, in which every character except Kitty and Emma are shoved into the background. But I can dream.

On a more positive note, I expect that Hellions will continue to be surprisingly delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Has Hickman ever given any indication bad to how long he plans his run to be?
    I think I read that X of Swords was something like 1/3 or 1/4, I don't remember.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Here are my wishes:
    1).Mystique upset with the Quiet Council goes rogue continually setting them up to fail both within and outside of Krakoa.
    2).Tensions continue to rise between Krakoa and the outside world, mainly Wakanda and Latveria.
    3).the Trial of the Scarlet Witch (the Pretender), a tale where Wanda and Pietro (Quick Silver) are re-established as Mutants and the children of Magneto, how will the Quiet Council vote and what will the Avengers do ?.
    4).It is revealed to readers that it is actually Krakoa influencing Professior Xavier, the Beast (and others) as they both continue with their eratic behaviours.
    5).Thanos and Mistress Death pay Krakoa a visit in regards to the resurrection protocols.
    6).The X titles continue to soar in popularity.
    (3) Will end up being a total, incompetent mess given no one at Marvel comics knows anything about Wanda, and she hasn't interacted in character with anyone other than Star. Most likely they will use Wanda as a cheap plot device and focus on the male characters, then after the retcon is reversed she will disappear from comics for another seven years, after Hickman kills her off to fridge her for Magneto stories. When it comes to Wanda, Marvel can be trusted to be utterly incompetent and misogynistic.