Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

popeye should be higher on the list. at least higher than king kong. the dude has beaten things way bigger than kong, in seconds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    popeye should be higher on the list. at least higher than king kong. the dude has beaten things way bigger than kong, in seconds.
    Would you have him higher than Kratos/The Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Would you have him higher than Kratos/The Thing?
    popeye regularly punches shit that shouldn't even be possible to punch, like magic, hypnosis and music notes. as someone else noted, popeye doesn't just hit hard. he actively warps reality with the sheer power of his punches.

so yeah. he's well above kratos and ben.

Extraordinary Member

popeye regularly punches shit that shouldn't even be possible to punch, like magic, hypnosis and music notes. as someone else noted, popeye doesn't just hit hard. he actively warps reality with the sheer power of his punches.

so yeah. he's well above kratos and ben.
    Can't really quantify that as a strength feat though.

Course, Popeye does have feats that can be quantified. I can recall at least too occasions where he punched a dude to the opposite side of the country, and one where he punched someone around the world

Extraordinary Member

Revised list 5

1. Thanos
    2. The Hulk
    3. Thor
    4. Darkseid
    5. Superman
    6. Wonder Woman
    7. Goku
    8. Hal Jodan
    9. Invincible
    10. Lex Luthor
    11. Sun Wukong
    12. Akuma
    13. Godzilla
    14. Buttercup Utonium
    15. Blossom Utonium
    16. Bubbles Utonium
    17. Gamera
    18. Aquaman
    19. Savage Dragon
    20. Ultraman Belial
    21. Ultraman
    22. Naruto Uzumaki
    23. Popeeye the Sailor Man*
    24. Monkey D. Luffy
    25. Astro Boy
    26. The Thing
    27. Sonic the Hedgehog**
    28. Kratos
    29. Iron Man
    30. Dr. Doom
    31. King Kong
    32. RX-78 Gundam
    33. Kenshiro
    34. Optimus Prime
    35. Spider-Man
    36. Ben 10
    37. Megamind (with Super Suit on.)
    38. Mario
    39. Steven Universe
    40. Samurai Jack
    41. Pikachu
    42. Po the Panda
    43. Stitch
    44. Spawn
    45. Master Chief
    46. Asterix
    47. Ruby Rose
    48. Samus Aran
    49. Scrooge McDuck
    50. Tommy Oliver ***
    51. Alucard****
    52. Sephiroth
    53. Loki
    54. The Iron Giant
    55. The Terminator
    56. Robocop
    57. Raphael
    58. Leonardo
    59. Michelangelo
    60. Donatello
    61. Captain America
    62. Solid Snake
    63. Guts the Black Swordsman
    64. Shrek
    65. Conan the Barbarian
    66. Hellboy
    67. Gru
    68. Link
    69. Wally West
    70. Star Butterfly
    71. Buffy Summers
    72. Rapunzel
    73. Batman
    74. Jason Voorhees
    75. Freddy Kruger*****
    76. Avatar Aang
    77. Judge Dredd
    78. Xena
    79. The Undertaker
    80. Spock
    81. The Doctor
    82. Magneto
    83. Imhotep
    84. Rick Sanchez
    85. Geralt of Rivia
    86. Cordell Walker
    87. Harry Potter ******
    88. Eliott Spencer
    89. The Joker
    90. Elsa
    91. Sherlock Holmes
    92. James Bond
    93. John Constantine

* Popeye has "Punch a dude for large number of miles" feats just like Luffy does, so putting them on par with each other seems logical to me.

** Not really comfortable with this one. I tried looking for a respect thread for Archie Sonic, but few bothered to discuss his strength in any detail. One of them claimed he was lifted 100+ tons, without a citation, so I based it on that, but If anyone knows more about Archie Sonic, please let me know where a more appropriate placement for him is.

*** Tommy is here because he was able to kick back a rock thrown by a monster who could lift a two ton car. Him being above Alucard just feels wrong though.

**** Stuck Alucard here on basis of him overpowering dandy man's card with his hand.

***** Could not find a decent respect thread for Freddy, so all I really have to go on is that he's not as strong as Jason

****** Logic here is his ability to hold onto his rapidly accelerating broom.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Goku kind of has to be number 1, doesn't he? Him in a punch-up with Beerus is mod-ruled as a universal threat, and that's 3 forms below his strongest AND before a crapton of training.

Current Thor has to be higher than Hulk and likely higher than Thanos: he's all-father and he smashed Bill's Uru+enchanted hammer like a cheap plastic kid's toy.

You have Loki WAAAAAAY too low. Dude's at least class 50 or so, overpowering Classic Rogue and such.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 11-06-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Goku kind of has to be number 1, doesn't he? Him in a punch-up with Beerus is mod-ruled as a universal threat, and that's 3 forms below his strongest AND before a crapton of training.

Current Thor has to be higher than Hulk and likely higher than Thanos: he's all-father and he smashed Bill's Uru+enchanted hammer like a cheap plastic kid's toy.

You have Loki WAAAAAAY too low. Dude's at least class 50 or so, overpowering Classic Rogue and such.
    well he was also a herald at that point as well, so he was really juiced up at that point. not sure if he is still on the PC since he merc'd galen, though.

Current Thor also killed a Galactus that wasn't starving.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Current Thor also killed a Galactus that wasn't starving.
    and jacked up from some uber planets.

well he was also a herald at that point as well, so he was really juiced up at that point. not sure if he is still on the PC since he merc'd galen, though.
    I think that he actually was NOT herald at the moment he smashed Stormbreaker. Big G had sucked out the PC because he didn't have the patience for the "family squabble."

It was after that where Thor went up and sucked the PC back out of Galactus, against Galactus' wishes. Making it a feat that's not exactly easy to use, as it's generally beyond what Odinforce-power can achieve.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I think that he actually was NOT herald at the moment he smashed Stormbreaker. Big G had sucked out the PC because he didn't have the patience for the "family squabble."

It was after that where Thor went up and sucked the PC back out of Galactus, against Galactus' wishes. Making it a feat that's not exactly easy to use, as it's generally beyond what Odinforce-power can achieve.
    i went back and read it.

big G tried to suck it back but thor lolnope'd it. and since he was still in his herald outfit, he still had the PC.

Extraordinary Member

That's cool and all, but man... I'd wish Marvel would jobbing Galactus all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's cool and all, but man... I'd wish Marvel would jobbing Galactus all the time.
    It’s literally all he’s there for.

He’s the Big Show of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s literally all he’s there for.

He’s the Big Show of the Marvel Universe.
    well, considering he flip flops between being good and bad..........that's a pretty accurate analogy.

i went back and read it.

big G tried to suck it back but thor lolnope'd it. and since he was still in his herald outfit, he still had the PC.

OK, but Thor fought Bill without the herald hair and eyes? No Ultra Instinct?