Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually a good point. I mean, there was a crossover/team-up between the Young Allies and Avengers Academy back when both of those were up and active, and there were some decent interactions there.
    I don't mean good interactions between the teams if/when a crossover happens, I meant the teams themselves having interactions that are that significant for the rest of the comics' run.

Not saying that the teams having good interactions if a crossover happens shouldn't happen, 'cause good interactions can make a crossover worth it, just that the priority should be for the teams themselves to stand out from each other if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    -Address plot holes and general stupidity from Superior
    There'd be a lot to explain to make sense out of that.

"- MJ you always managed to find out if someone was pretending to be me, why did Otto manage to fool you for so long?

- Uh..."

- This will probablySPOILERS FOR 850 get addressed this year, but I’m really curious what Norman’s comments about Kindred not being the “All Powerful HellSpawn he play-acts” could mean. Is he implying that he’s not as powerful as we’ve been led to believe ?

So far we’ve seen:
    -Resurrection
    -Invading and influencing others dreams
    -Clinging to walls
    -Some amount of super-human strength
    -Conjuring and or controlling bugs and rodents
    Small correction, Norman says that in #50/851.

Anyways, it's possible that Kindred isn't that powerful himself, anyone he defeated or killed were people who weren't fighting back as they just back away in fear, most were even only normal humans too, Stromm and Sin Eater are the only ones who aren't normal humans, and again, Stromm in #5 did what everyone else did and was just too scared to fight back, and in ASM#50, Sin Eater seems him as basically God, and doesn't do anything to even try to stop Kindred from stealing his powers.

Any time he really looks dangerous is when someone else does the work for him, the Tri-Sentinel army in #5, Sin Eater as a whole, and now the possessed Spider-People, always someone else doing the dirty work.

Of course, maybe it's possible that Kindred is really powerful (He gave Sin Eater that overpowered powerset that was basically a stronger version of Regent's to begin with, so it's probable Kindred can do something like that with himself too), and that Norman is just being the usual dick hole and undermining Harry again, he even says "He's (Kindred) just a simpering little weakling like always.", so what he says is very likely to be hella inaccurate.

I just wonder how Harry can be dealth with if he can do the **** that Sin Eater was doing, that's an overwhelming threat level, even without Juggernaut's stolen power.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    There'd be a lot to explain to make sense out of that.

"- MJ you always managed to find out if someone was pretending to be me, why did Otto manage to fool you for so long?

- Uh..."
    Simple. If she looked more into it, she'd actually have to do something about it; something she wasn't ready for.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Simple. If she looked more into it, she'd actually have to do something about it; something she wasn't ready for.
    I'm not even talking about her finding out and trying to stop Otto, just have more than half a brain and notice that the guy who's not making any effort into pretending to be Peter, isn't Peter, not like she'd have to look into it much, 'cause, y'know, he wasn't acting like Peter in any way lol.

I would have liked to have seen MJ join team "expose Doc Ock" to be honest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would have been great to see instead of relegating her to the sidelines, though in relation to 2021, my prediction is that her and Peter's relationship might be pulled into a darker place by the revelations of Kindred's true identity and motivations, as well as whatever dark truths Kindred forces Peter to realize about himself and his own motivations and actions. I predict lots of soul-searching as well, and then a rebuilding --- of themselves and their relationship, perhaps leading to (re)marriage --- once the universe has taken its best shot at breaking them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Amazing Spider-man starts a new volume with a #1 issue.

That would have been great to see instead of relegating her to the sidelines,
    What, you guys don't like that she didn't notice that a terrorist did the worst impersonation ever and she never figured it out?

But yeah, could be interesting if she did something to try expose Otto, hell, maybe it could even have her remembering Kraven's Last Hunt, where she was at home feeling helpless while Peter was gone, and this time try to do something when another ******* was pretending to be him.

though in relation to 2021, my prediction is that her and Peter's relationship might be pulled into a darker place by the revelations of Kindred's true identity and motivations, as well as whatever dark truths Kindred forces Peter to realize about himself and his own motivations and actions. I predict lots of soul-searching as well, and then a rebuilding --- of themselves and their relationship, perhaps leading to (re)marriage --- once the universe has taken its best shot at breaking them.
    MJ returning and the relationship getting immediate drama would be kinda funny, no breaks for those two .

Would have to be something big to screw up their relationship, considering how much MJ accepts of him, maybe I dunno, him never telling her of that time he accidentally killed Charlemagne, which the end of Wolverine vs Spidey leaves it up in the air if he said anything to her, but if Zdarsky's Daredevil#23 counts, Spidey said there "I've never told this anyone besides..." while maybe he meant to say "you(Daredevil)", it could be MJ, and if so, she already knows, again, assuming that comic counts, 'cause Marvel continuity is more often than not, non existant when it comes to those cameos lol.

Could also be about that time he joined Jackal briefly during Clone Saga.

Venom making a guest appearance in the main Amazing book, hopefully with the creative team also remembering they are allies mostly by now. It's kind of weird that it seems as if Venom books and storylines can use Spider-Man whenever, but the main Spider-Man books seem to get a bit nervous if they have to address the existence of Venom :P

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Venom making a guest appearance in the main Amazing book, hopefully with the creative team also remembering they are allies mostly by now. It's kind of weird that it seems as if Venom books and storylines can use Spider-Man whenever, but the main Spider-Man books seem to get a bit nervous if they have to address the existence of Venom :P
    I’d assume that’s a conscious decision made by editorial and Cates. He’s certainly tried his hardest to push Venom into his own corner of the MU away from Spidey, so maybe while he’s on the Venom title he wants to push that distance as much as he can.

In regards to Anya being on the Young Avengers vs. the Champions, well, those two teams have different mission statements and reasons for existing. The Young Avengers came together in the wake of Avengers Disassembled out of an emergency protocol for the next generation of Avengers, while the Champions came together because they saw the Avengers as (yet) another failed institution neglecting the people that relied on it and wanted to do something to actually improve the world instead of just maintaining it while its problems got worse and worse. Kind of like the New Warriors back in the day when their basic mission was to fight the fights that the "big time" heroes like the Avengers and Fantastic Four wouldn't, couldn't, or didn't go near, albeit somewhat more ambitious in scope.
    Bear in mind that the Champions have now pretty much settled their differences with the Avengers. The current team has a completely different lineup than the one the founding trio split from, and several members have Avenger mentors. Nadia even initially planned to do double duty, joining the Champions just before No Surrender, only for her Avengers team to disband afterwards.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would simply like MJ to appear in the main book again, as not just a cameo role but a supporting character. I feel like Slott featured her in his run more and she wasn't even a love interest then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I set one of these up over on the X-Men boards and figured I’d try it here too. What do you want to happen next year? What do you think WILL happen? What stories or plots do you hope to see?
    I have put some thought to this question so here goes:
    What do I think happens?
    1: The return of at least one of these four villains. A: Hobgoblin ( Kingsley). B: Otto. C: Electro ( Dillion). D: Shocker.
    2: Continued character growth of Peter.
    3: More MJ.
    4: After the upcoming Last Remains storyline a break from Norman.
    5: A Boomerang story after which he leaves the book.
    What would I like?
    1: End of OMD.
    2: A Theresa story where she finally meets Aunt May.
    3: A new quality villain ( not a variation of an existing character like Lady Octopus or Kindred).
    4: No more Cindy in Amazing.
    5: Bring Annie from Renew Your Vows to 616 to meet Peter and MJ.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-26-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would simply like MJ to appear in the main book again, as not just a cameo role but a supporting character. I feel like Slott featured her in his run more and she wasn't even a love interest then.
    Which is kind of ironic considering the reception to Slott's writing of MJ...but I also want her to be in the main book again.

Fantastic Member

The Dream:
    Spencer/Rosenberg get a ongoing Thunderbolts series after the King In Black miniseries sells over their expectation, .LR team helms it with Boomerang as a lead member(Spencer keeping the Tbolts logo on his belt has to mean something yeah?) With some other Spidey faves like Black Ant joining with the roster of Rosenberg's (more Tasky/Black Ant love). Maybe even Doc Ock joins the fun having more of sense of purpose after his adventures through body hopping.

Expectations:
    The Empire State Building plot by Osborn being a early major thread, Silver Sable/Forienger/Chameleon story continues, Parker's classmate becomes a new and first villian not tied to a existing character in Spencer's run. Syndicate returns in some form, maybe a major plotline for Otto or Sandman as they're the last two baddies Spencer hasnt written anything for but tends to regularly draw for spreads and whatnot. We might start getting a Spiderverse III tease.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’d assume that’s a conscious decision made by editorial and Cates. He’s certainly tried his hardest to push Venom into his own corner of the MU away from Spidey, so maybe while he’s on the Venom title he wants to push that distance as much as he can.
    If that were the case, then shouldn't Venom's comic have less Spider-Man? Because Spidey showing up once in a while keeps this connection between them.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    5: Bring Annie from Renew Your Vows to 616 to meet Peter and MJ.
    What would be the point of that now that Peter and MJ are together?

Which is kind of ironic considering the reception to Slott's writing of MJ...but I also want her to be in the main book again.
    Just goes to show that quality > quantity .