Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Predictions for 2021 in all things Spidey

I set one of these up over on the X-Men boards and figured I’d try it here too. What do you want to happen next year? What do you think WILL happen? What stories or plots do you hope to see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    What do you want to happen next year?
    Peter/MJ get married again...i.e. Next Year in Jerusalem.

What do you think WILL happen?
    -- Peter will remember the marriage and the Mephisto deal, at the very least.
    -- An event storyline crossover between Spider-Man and Daredevil that leads to Kingpin stepping down as Mayor (guaranteed to happen if Trump loses 2020). Will definitely involve Boomerang and will have Spencer and Zdarsky collaborating.
    -- Randy and Lady Beetle will break up and this will cause a major issue for their dads.
    -- Boomerang will at some point either a) learn Peter's identity, b) become a full villain again but remaining friendly with Peter and involving him with some scheme that brings conflict between Peter and Spider-Man.
    -- Peter and MJ have issues about her collaboration with Mysterio and the new movie.

What stories or plots do you hope to see?
    I hope Spider-Man defeats Doctor Octopus in a manner very humiliating for Otto. I want a redo of The Owl/Octopus War where Spider-Man tears off his arms and sends him to the psych ward for an extended period to make him think about what he's done.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world where anything goes.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-25-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world.
    Harry/Kindred kills aunt may to hurt peter

MJ either gets a new book chronicling her movie tour or returns to the main book. I'd hate to see her end up in limbo.

Oh, and Mysterio is exposed as the director (and possibly that MJ knew about it the whole time) for the movie and they have to deal with the fallout of that. It would probably help set MJ back to square one instead of keeping her on the prospect of becoming a major starlet again.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

For the book to remember May's cancer.

If Young Avengers were to finally get a relaunch in 2021, it would be neat for Anya Corazon to join up the roster, if only so she can finally get to do something. Though knowing Marvel, they'd likely push for Spider-Gwen to join the roster instead.

Speaking of I'd say it's a safe bet that another Spider-Gwen series will launch next year, probably spinning out of King in Black.

Since Nick Spencer has been dedicating so much of his run to house cleaning plot threads from the BND and Slott-era, I anticipate that whatever he has in store for Ben Reilly and Kaine is probably going to be the next big story arc after Kindred.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-25-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world where anything goes.
    Hard to predict both either way lol.

Either way, don't really have much in mind that I specifically want to see, just fun stories, stuff like whether or not OMD is undone is trivial to me.

Guess it'd be nice if Teresa could be developed more as a character and actually interact with people like aunt May, and for Kindred to really manage to be a remarkable, recognizable villain since he does cool **** with his plans so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Harry/Kindred kills aunt may to hurt peter
    I dunno about that, back in Hunted, Kindred talked about how disappointed he felt that Peter thought he was some cliché villain who kills love interests, that may extend to relatives as well, so I doubt he'll actually hurt anyone in Peter's life, since he expect Peter himself to **** it up.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

The one thing that I'd love to see the most in 2021 for the Spider-Man books, is to find out what happened with MJ after the end of Amazing Mary Jane #6, it really sucks to not get some type of ending or explanation as to what happened there.

Some other things that I'd like to see are the end of OMD.
    Kingpin removed as Mayor
    Norman Osborne put on the shelf for awhile
    Finding out what is going on with Ben and Kaine
    Confrontation between Peter and Otto over everything that happened during both runs of Superior Spider-Man and everything between

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I set one of these up over on the X-Men boards and figured I’d try it here too. What do you want to happen next year? What do you think WILL happen? What stories or plots do you hope to see?
    I have put some thought to this question so here goes:
    What do I think happens?
    1: The return of at least one of these four villains. A: Hobgoblin ( Kingsley). B: Otto. C: Electro ( Dillion). D: Shocker.
    2: Continued character growth of Peter.
    3: More MJ.
    4: After the upcoming Last Remains storyline a break from Norman.
    5: A Boomerang story after which he leaves the book.
    What would I like?
    1: End of OMD.
    2: A Theresa story where she finally meets Aunt May.
    3: A new quality villain ( not a variation of an existing character like Lady Octopus or Kindred).
    4: No more Cindy in Amazing.
    5: Bring Annie from Renew Your Vows to 616 to meet Peter and MJ.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-26-2020 at 05:56 AM.

no more mysterious villains who turn out to be friends/relatives..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no more mysterious villains who turn out to be friends/relatives..
    Naturally. It’s too cliche by this point.