Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I see that you really hate Spider-Man characters. It’s kinda ridiculous by this point.
    You are correct. It is a good thing Darth Fury 78 is not writing Spider-Man, he would make Dan Slott look like Steve Ditko, that is how far removed from Spider-Man canon he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You are correct. It is a good thing Darth Fury 78 is not writing Spider-Man, he would make Dan Slott look like Steve Ditko, that is how far removed from Spider-Man canon he is.
    I never said I wanted to write Spider-Man. The idea is to put Spider-Man in places that will challenge him outside of his world. I do not see a problem with Spidey joining Carol's Avengers. It gives Peter the chance to use his intellect to solve problems and develop a collaboration with his team mates. The original idea of a superhero team was to have unrelated characters working together. For example, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man have nothing to do with each other, since they were never introduced in each other's books (before forming The Avengers). The same goes for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman who only interact on The Justice League than they do in each other's books respectively. Spider-Man, in my opinion, should have been a member of either the X-Men or Avengers early on.

Jessica Drew as a reoccurring guest in the pages of ASM or SSM makes sense because The Black Cat will not always be available for use. Spider-Woman is part of the Spider-Office. Thus, it's dumb not to use her in the Spider-Man's world because Jessica and Peter have a dynamic that's unique from his partnership with Black Cat, which should bring readers into the pages of Spider-Woman. The same goes with the Black Widow as she has a lot to contribute to Spider-Man and vice versa. Spiderman's world should not be limited to Spider-Man created characters. It should be expanded upon.

Unused Spider-characters like Kaine Parker and Robin Vega should be loaned out to the X-Office in exchange for characters who should have had an ongoing presence in the world of Spider-Man, like The Morlocks, The Hellfire Club, The Beast, and Captain Britain respectively.

Jennifer Walters and Tigra would be great additions to the world of Spider-Man as part of the legal side of the law.

There is too much segregation among Marvel's Editorial departments as they don't communicate with each other regarding the use of their characters for their project story line and sales promotion that excludes crossover events. I would like to see a policy enacted whereby unused characters get loaned out to each department for either a story arc, or long term use for a writer's series run. We already saw that with Mockingbird in Spider-Man's world. The same can be applied towards the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Tigra, and She-Hulk....

It's done wonders for Deadpool and Spider-Man team-up series, despite the fact that they have nothing to do with each other.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-31-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never said I wanted to write Spider-Man. The idea is to put Spider-Man in places that will challenge him outside of his world. I do not see a problem with Spidey joining Carol's Avengers. It gives Peter the chance to use his intellect to solve problems and develop a collaboration with his team mates. The original idea of a superhero team was to have unrelated characters working together. For example, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man have nothing to do with each other, since they were never introduced in each other's books (before forming The Avengers). The same goes for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman who only interact on The Justice League than they do in each other's books respectively. Spider-Man, in my opinion, should have been a member of either the X-Men or Avengers early on.

Jessica Drew as a reoccurring guest in the pages of ASM or SSM makes sense because The Black Cat will not always be available for use. Spider-Woman is part of the Spider-Office. Thus, it's dumb not to use her in the Spider-Man's world because Jessica and Peter have a dynamic that's unique from his partnership with Black Cat, which should bring readers into the pages of Spider-Woman. The same goes with the Black Widow as she has a lot to contribute to Spider-Man and vice versa. Spiderman's world should not be limited to Spider-Man created characters. It should be expanded upon.

Unused Spider-characters like Kaine Parker and Robin Vega should be loaned out to the X-Office in exchange for characters who should have had an ongoing presence in the world of Spider-Man, like The Morlocks, The Hellfire Club, The Beast, and Captain Britain respectively.

Jennifer Walters and Tigra would be great additions to the world of Spider-Man as part of the legal side of the law.

There is too much segregation among Marvel's Editorial departments as they don't communicate with each other regarding the use of their characters for their project story line and sales promotion that excludes crossover events. I would like to see a policy enacted whereby unused characters get loaned out to each department for either a story arc, or long term use for a writer's series run. We already saw that with Mockingbird in Spider-Man's world. The same can be applied towards the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Tigra, and She-Hulk....

It's done wonders for Deadpool and Spider-Man team-up series, despite the fact that they have nothing to do with each other.
    Isn't that literally what they've been doing lately: not allowing Spider-Man to have a series on his own? The fact that it has to connect to something?

Do it too much and then they start to blur together. Spider-Man is considered one of the lucky ones to still be considered a unique character that doesn't need the Avengers to be considered interesting.

[*]Kaine Parker becoming a member of X-Force
    Aren't Krakoans essentially racist against non-mutants now? Don't see Kaine joining that.

[*]Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen leave Marvel-616[/LIST]
    Uh, Gwen, maybe, if Marvel is planning for get to be kicked to 616, they're kinda making sure she can still go back to 65, but Miles is about as likely to leave 616 as Norman is to be permanently killed at this point.

Jessica Drew as a reoccurring guest in the pages of ASM or SSM makes sense because The Black Cat will not always be available for use.
    There's no way Felicia has a limited availability.

Don't even see why you'd mention both when Felicia and Jessica don't fill the same role too.

Spiderman's world should not be limited to Spider-Man created characters. It should be expanded upon.
    That kind of mentality is why 90% of super heroes lost their supporting cast and now need super-hero teams so fans don't realize how little there is to them outside of super-heroing.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Spider-Man is considered one of the lucky ones to still be considered a unique character that doesn't need the Avengers to be considered interesting.
    And needing Avengers to be considered interesting is not that far from being near the bottom of the barrel.

peter parker will begin taking estradiol and spiractin
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Aren't Krakoans essentially racist against non-mutants now? Don't see Kaine joining that.

Uh, Gwen, maybe, if Marvel is planning for get to be kicked to 616, they're kinda making sure she can still go back to 65, but Miles is about as likely to leave 616 as Norman is to be permanently killed at this point.

There's no way Felicia has a limited availability.

Don't even see why you'd mention both when Felicia and Jessica don't fill the same role too.

That kind of mentality is why 90% of super heroes lost their supporting cast and now need super-hero teams so fans don't realize how little there is to them outside of super-heroing.

And needing Avengers to be considered interesting is not that far from being near the bottom of the barrel.
    What gets me is he says the other characters take so much from Spider-Man, but then wants to complete rework characters like Black Widow and She-Hulk to make their origins more directly tied into Peter's.

Also interesting how it's always other female superheroes, never male ones. Even now going into wanting to ship Kaine off to Krakoa to join X-Force. Almost like he wants to build a harem around Peter Parker or something.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

no more mysterious villains who turn out to be friends/relatives..

Astonishing Member

Why do you want to have female heroines in Amazing? It seems like you want to hook them up with Spider-Man, like what happened with Cindy ( I cannot think of another logical reason). One of the complaints I had about Dan Slott was the lack of use and respect for MJ and Felicia. Putting Tigra, Natasha, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk would do exactly the same thing. If you do not care for MJ, Felicia or even Carlie Cooper that is fine, and would prefer Spider-Man basically saying bye bye to humans and even Peter ( like too many comic books are doing ( especially the X-Men with the mutant island), that is fine, we are allowed to disagree, but be honest about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no more mysterious villains who turn out to be friends/relatives..
    Naturally. It’s too cliche by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    What gets me is he says the other characters take so much from Spider-Man, but then wants to complete rework characters like Black Widow and She-Hulk to make their origins more directly tied into Peter's.

To the point he said at least once that Black Widow should've been more connected with Peter since the 80's lol.

I understand wanting some characters to be more connected with others, could even work thematically, or the personalities can clash well, hell, personalities clashing well is why Spidey and Johnny being friends works so well, despite the very different lives they have, but he talks in that "Oh it has to happen, absolutely has to happen" tone.

Also interesting how it's always other female superheroes, never male ones. Even now going into wanting to ship Kaine off to Krakoa to join X-Force. Almost like he wants to build a harem around Peter Parker or something.
    Hah, somehow didn't even notice it's only female super-heroes lol.

Also when you said "wanting to ship Kaine off to Krakoa to join X-Force", for a moment I thought it meant that X-Force was an all female team now, and for Kaine to be the only male member, that'd be somethin' .