Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This is from that Bat-family web comic, right? Really should read that.
    It's a fun read and I enjoy it.

Sadly, the Cass in the webcomic is Orphan-Cass, which means she's the current cute, woobie-fied ballet-dancer with an overly simplified body-reading (see above) that kind of misses the point. *shrugs* That's where things kind of are right now with DC and Cass.

But again, the webcomic is good fun. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's a fun read and I enjoy it.

Sadly, the Cass in the webcomic is Orphan-Cass, which means she's the current cute, woobie-fied ballet-dancer with an overly simplified body-reading (see above) that kind of misses the point. *shrugs* That's where things kind of are right now with DC and Cass.

But again, the webcomic is good fun. ^_^
    And the Bat Family, actually lives up to the "family" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And the Bat Family, actually lives up to the "family" part.
    True, that!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Neo in the Matrix sequels don't worry about flying too high like Tony Stark in 2008 Ironman movie cuz Neo is in cyberspace
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Wow! 42 pages and still going. The longest thread I've ever started or ever will start.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Telepaths access whatever people (completely) forgets when they read their minds?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

If Ghost Rider used The Penance Stare on Shigaraki while All For One's Vestige was still inside him would it cause double damage?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If Ghost Rider used The Penance Stare on Shigaraki while All For One's Vestige was still inside him would it cause double damage?
    If one equates the vestige to another soul in Shigaraki's being then I think that would be case, yes. Though I don't think "double damage" is the right phrase. It's more like AFO's sins would be added to Shigaraki's.

If one does not equate the vestige with a soul then I think the Penance stare wouldn't add the damage. Then the vestige is just a super power going wonky.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

IIRC, having more than 2 eyes makes one relatively immune to the Penance Stare, so maybe having more than one soul might do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    IIRC, having more than 2 eyes makes one relatively immune to the Penance Stare, so maybe having more than one soul might do the same.
    You're correct about immunity due to multiple eyes, here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're correct about immunity due to multiple eyes, here's proof...

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Maybe this happened in continuity for all I know. But, when did the "Cold Fire" get retconned into the Penance Stare?
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Will the Hogwarts kids being exposed to modern cell phones demand that the old toot wizards move their pocket dimension out of Victorian tech into the 21st century? Obviously the wizards use some muggle tech as they have houses, use a train, clothes made in modern styles - except Dumbledore who wears my grandma's curtains.

Where do the superheroes carry their phones with the skin tight garb? Now some wear tactical garb with pockets, not all.

When they fly off on adventures to foreign lands and planets - where do they go to the can? Green Lantern can construct a green can but WW, the Flash?
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 06-12-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Maybe this happened in continuity for all I know. But, when did the "Cold Fire" get retconned into the Penance Stare?
    You mean the hellfire?

I recall that the whole Penance Stare thing started in the 'new' Ghost Rider series with Danny Ketch. And in that series, no, he didn't display any hellfire for the longest time. I vaguely recall him starting to use it, but certainly he didn't at the beginning of the series?

It was the early 90's, maybe Marvel was still leery of doing anything 'satanic' and having 'hellfire' as a power.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    When they fly off on adventures to foreign lands and planets - where do they go to the can? Green Lantern can construct a green can but WW, the Flash?
    Flash goes to the WC inbetween panels. He's just too fast for anybody to notice.

That's why he doesn't solve every JLA mission he's on all by himself. He's a bit busy.