Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 324
  1. #151
    So very happy! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Bandit Keith tried NON Magical cheating, but Pegasus caught him at it.
    Yeah, you can only cheat magically in Yu-Gi-Oh.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  2. #152

    Default

    Digimon(especially adventure canons) and (current) Pokemon anime chickening out over having any Superpowered beings that aren't it's titular creatures sets them apart from even other Mons series
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://linktr.ee/Masonicon

  3. #153
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    What is the Heart of the Cards? Is that luck or friendship or miracle in Yu Gi Oh term?
    It means to have faith in and respect for one's deck.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog
    Because I'm pretty sure only protagonists have ever benefitted from the "Heart of the Cards" in the show.
    That's because only the protagonists truly respect and believe in their decks. The antagonists view their decks as nothing but tools.

    It's a bit like the idea of viewing a sword as if it were a part of you rather than a separate object.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-23-2020 at 07:06 AM.

  4. #154
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    What's in character for Anton Arcane is too horrific for cartoons.
    You do know there was a Swamp Thing cartoon right?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_...991_TV_series)

    That version of Arcane may not be the horror his comic counterpart is but he's still a villain. He still turns people into mutant monsters.

  5. #155
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    It's a bit like the idea of viewing a sword as if it were a part of you rather than a separate object.
    Never really went in for that, myself. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  6. #156
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Never really went in for that, myself. ^_^
    Understandable but I think Captain America said it best when someone asked him if he had a name for his shield. He replied "do you give a name to your right arm?"

    I assume you consider your arm to be more important to you than a replaceable object. I can see the logic in attaching that same degree of importance to a weapon that your life may depend on.

  7. #157
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Understandable but I think Captain America said it best when someone asked him if he had a name for his shield. He replied "do you give a name to your right arm?"

    I assume you consider your arm to be more important to you than a replaceable object. I can see the logic in attaching that same degree of importance to a weapon that your life may depend on.
    I get why Cap said it - it's an interesting character quirk.

    Myself, I consider my arm to be different than a weapon which, in essence, is a tool. I can replace (as you say) a tool. And it's not part of me. Not going to go naming it, or ascribing properties or importance to it beyond what it is, myself.

    But mileage, etc. As I said, I never went for that myself. ^_^ I understand that a lot of people do.

    Yu-gi-oh, I take it, runs in a world where there's some kind of spiritual aspect to this sort of thing, and there clearly is an effect of treating your deck of cards like something worthy of respect and so forth. So that's understandable.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  8. #158
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,387

    Default

    Why did CW Green Arrow keep his team around anyway? They weren't exactly loyal and, tbh, I'm pretty sure they didn't like each other all that much.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Why did CW Green Arrow keep his team around anyway? They weren't exactly loyal and, tbh, I'm pretty sure they didn't like each other all that much.
    I am often surprised at the crap that some people will tolerate from their alleged friends.

  10. #160
    So very happy! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Why did CW Green Arrow keep his team around anyway? They weren't exactly loyal and, tbh, I'm pretty sure they didn't like each other all that much.
    Because the script said so. That, or they were all masochistic/sadistic people who enjoy tormenting and being tormented by the others.


    Of course, I asked a similar question about Izuku and Bakugou from MHA. But then I realized that Izuku does so because a life of being bullied by everyone around him has left him with a severely skewed perception of what a "friend" is, as well as a severe lack of self-esteem and a non-romantic form of battered wife syndrome in regards to Bakugou.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  11. #161
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Of course, I asked a similar question about Izuku and Bakugou from MHA. But then I realized that Izuku does so because a life of being bullied by everyone around him has left him with a severely skewed perception of what a "friend" is, as well as a severe lack of self-esteem and a non-romantic form of battered wife syndrome in regards to Bakugou.
    Ah yes, the issue with Izuku having little to no resentment towards his childhood tormentor while said bully remains largely unchanged, until recently when he's acknowledged that he was being an asshole because Izuku's drive to succeed despite having no apparenty physical ability to do so intimidated Bakugou.

    Baby steps I guess.

  12. #162
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ah yes, the issue with Izuku having little to no resentment towards his childhood tormentor while said bully remains largely unchanged, until recently when he's acknowledged that he was being an asshole because Izuku's drive to succeed despite having no apparenty physical ability to do so intimidated Bakugou.

    Baby steps I guess.
    I don't mind Deku being chill with him. It's problematic and really weird but I can rationalise it as logical.

    What I don't get is Bakugou being an arse to everyone else and everyone, including the teachers being like "Oh Bakugou, you little scamp,"

    It just makes everything feel off.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  13. #163
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Of course, I asked a similar question about Izuku and Bakugou from MHA. But then I realized that Izuku does so because a life of being bullied by everyone around him has left him with a severely skewed perception of what a "friend" is, as well as a severe lack of self-esteem and a non-romantic form of battered wife syndrome in regards to Bakugou.
    The real reason is that Bakugou is popular with Fujo so much that Horikoshi can't write him off. I think the same can be said with Naruto and Sasuke too. Sasuke treats Naruto like shit, but Naruto still keep chasing him because Sasuke is one of the reasons that the book sells and the author or editor doesn't write him off the book.

  14. #164
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    The real reason is that Bakugou is popular with Fujo so much that Horikoshi can't write him off. I think the same can be said with Naruto and Sasuke too. Sasuke treats Naruto like shit, but Naruto still keep chasing him because Sasuke is one of the reasons that the book sells and the author or editor doesn't write him off the book.
    Popularity has nothing to do with how the characters are written. Horikoshi likes Bakugou and has made him and his relationship to Deku important to the story from the get go, but he has also acknowledge that a lot of fans who just hate Bakugou for the bullying he put Deku through and his general attitude. So he's taking that into account, like most recently having Bakugou acknowledge that he treated Deku poorly.

    Same with Kishimoto, he liked Sasuke and he was always going to be important to the story and have a big part to play.

  15. #165
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    The real reason is that Bakugou is popular with Fujo so much that Horikoshi can't write him off. I think the same can be said with Naruto and Sasuke too. Sasuke treats Naruto like shit, but Naruto still keep chasing him because Sasuke is one of the reasons that the book sells and the author or editor doesn't write him off the book.
    This is an incredibly weird take you have here.

    Ah yes, the only reason they structured the entire story of Naruto around the dynamic and relationship between Naruto and Sasuke and their respective responses to the legacy and politics of their world is because oops Sasuke is popular so they couldn't write him out even though they obviously wanted to because he's mean and authors don't really want to write about mean characters.

    What do you think the story of Naruto even is?
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •