Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Weird Things You Wonder About Characters

Not a rumble. Just weird thoughts about various characters.

Doctor Octopus. When he's in an incarnation where his harness and tentacles are not bonded to him, his tentacles lift him up. Why doesn't the harness slide up and break his jaw? Or, if the harness is tight enough to prevent that, wouldn't it be painful? When the harness is grafted to his spine and the tentacles lift him, wouldn't that hurt and potentially cause damage?

Iron-Man. In the early days, when he had to always wear the chest plate and basically the whole shirt piece, wasn't there getting to be kind of an odor from his inability to wash?

When the Human Torch made fire illusions, why did they not look like they were on fire?

Feel free to please explain these or add your own crazy thoughts so I don't look so conspicuous.

P.S. I know I'm setting myself up for a Pendaran roast.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'm going to let Mallrats handle said roasting:

https://youtu.be/YFLlwtqHINs?t=49

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm going to let Mallrats handle said roasting:

https://youtu.be/YFLlwtqHINs?t=49
    One should always let Brody handle roastings. I would watch the Tonight Show with him as the host.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

From the 90's. How the hell are Cable's arms the size of his waist, and why is his head so small. Also, what is holding Feral's "Liefield Corset" up.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    From the 90's. How the hell are Cable's arms the size of his waist, and why is his head so small. Also, what is holding Feral's "Liefield Corset" up.
    90s art style.

“ Real men big arms, tiny brain!”

If you had to carry around guns the size of trees all day, your arms would be ridiculously massive as well! <_<

Of course, somehow future tech means that massive future guns are only as effective as normal-sized present-day guns, but... bleh.

How does John Constantine earn a living? If he's a former punk rocker, why is he usually wearing a suit and tie?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How does John Constantine earn a living? If he's a former punk rocker, why is he usually wearing a suit and tie?
    Lost a bet, I imagine.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Even demons have standards when it comes to business deals.

He works in PR.

Turns out it stands for Punk Rock, not Public Relations.

John is a former punk rocker turned detective.

Incredible Member

Something I've always wondered about the Terminator. How does the organic tissue covering the T-800 series survive?

As I understand it the T-800 series is a metal endoskeleton covered by living tissue consisting of skin and muscle. We see T-800's bleed when cut so they have blood and blood vessels. But if they don't possess internal organs then how does the blood flow without a heart? They don't have lungs so how does the blood get oxygenated? They don't have a digestive system and don't eat food so how does the living tissue get nutrients?

Also, why does destroying a zombie's brain kill them? If their heart, lungs, digestive system etc are no longer functioning then how would the brain still be active if it's not receiving oxygen and nutrients?
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 10-27-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Why the hell does Venom's tongue look like a snake's? He's supposed to be a monstrous, alien spider. And what purpose does it serve?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Double sided tape would be a realistic answer for Feral's corset and any other gravity defying costumes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Why the hell does Venom's tongue look like a snake's? He's supposed to be a monstrous, alien spider. And what purpose does it serve?
    No offence but that is not the case.

If by "Venom" you mean just the symbiote then it is certainly not "a monstrous, alien spider." Spiders have limbs, exoskeletons, internal organs etc. The symbiote has none of those. In its natural state its basically a sentient puddle of goo.

If by "Venom" you mean the symbiote and Eddie Brock working as one, it's stated in one of the novels ("The Venom Factor" I think) that the symbiote likes to form that serpentine tongue, presumably to terrorise its enemies. The symbiote would know from its time with Peter that many people would find that tongue scary.

Anyway, another thing I've always wondered about the "Terminator" franchise; supposedly only living tissue can be transported through time. The T-800 makes sense because it's surrounded by said tissue. But how do the T-1000 and T-X travel through time? The T-1000 is composed entirely of poly-alloy and the T-X is a metal endoskeleton with an outer covering of poly-alloy. Neither have any organic components at all.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 10-27-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: adding stuff