Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I think I wonder the most about X-men... For Cyclops, if his eye beams are strong enough to bore through a mountain, then how the HECK do his glasses/visor keep it back? Do they absorb the energy? Does it reflect back into the little portals in his eyes? Where does the energy go?
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that the mineral Cyclops glasses/visors are made of does indeed absorb the energy of his eye beams. When he closes his eyes the energy slowly diffuses out of it.

Muadib basically covered the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    For Angel, how can he fly? Like, physically? Birds can fly because they have aerodynamic bodies, internal air sacs, and extremely light bones. Shouldn't he just be one of those mutants who actually can't do anything with their mutant abilities?
    DC comics actually has a character called Steeljacket who is a slightly more "realistic" version of Angel. He was a bird-human hybrid with hollow bones who had to wear a special protective suit because of how fragile they were.

Astonishing Member

Anyone did any story about Fire-breathing dragons(and/or any other magical creatures) got crushed to death by laws of physics as soon as they're deprived of magic?

I remember this from a segment in "Simpsons bible stories" where Unicorn dies after he leaves Heaven
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Considering Cassandra Cain's body reading, would watching a shaky cam fight scene in a movie make her nauseous?
    And how would it affect Taskmaster (the shaky-cam fight, I mean)?

Astonishing Member

Space Marines from 40k got their bodily temperature regulation disrupted by their own ribcages become armor plates?
    Last edited by Masonicon; 05-09-2022 at 11:05 PM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Also, if Cass looked at herself in the mirror, could she read her own body language?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Also, if Cass looked at herself in the mirror, could she read her own body language?
    Probably. You can hear your own voice, right? I can look at myself in the mirror and use sign language (granted, in both cases we know what we're trying to communicate).

This would be more complicated - Cass would maybe pick up on some subconscious stuff she's thinking/feeling.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Probably. You can hear your own voice, right? I can look at myself in the mirror and use sign language (granted, in both cases we know what we're trying to communicate).

This would be more complicated - Cass would maybe pick up on some subconscious stuff she's thinking/feeling.
    Probably makes lying to herself real annoying.

Cass: *while looking in the mirror* I don't need to sleep. I can handle being out and about for a third night in a row. *sees her own body language* Don't you start!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Probably makes lying to herself real annoying.

Cass: *while looking in the mirror* I don't need to sleep. I can handle being out and about for a third night in a row. *sees her own body language* Don't you start!
    ...very valid point.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Would Batman get pissed, or applaud, someone that was able to track and pervert his own privacy and exploit his own weaknesses the way he does his own allies and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Would Batman get pissed, or applaud, someone that was able to track and pervert his own privacy and exploit his own weaknesses the way he does his own allies and family?
    It definitely seemed to annoy him when David Cain used to do that.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member

For those familiar with the Legacy of Kain games: if Kain was meant to be the guardian of the Pillar of Balance, what about the other Pillars?

Where do the Atlanteans get their metal weapons, armor, and equipment? (DC or Marvel.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Where do the Atlanteans get their metal weapons, armor, and equipment? (DC or Marvel.)
    Starlifting White Dwarfs for orichalcum?

BANNED

Do Xenomorphs poop?

I get why the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started out in the sewer and all that but after a while you'd think they'd get new digs, right? Like, why do they stay in the sewer?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.