Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

MCU Doctor Strange freezes or suffocates to Death from flying too high
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post

If by "Venom" you mean the symbiote and Eddie Brock working as one, it's stated in one of the novels ("The Venom Factor" I think) that the symbiote likes to form that serpentine tongue, presumably to terrorise its enemies. The symbiote would know from its time with Peter that many people would find that tongue scary.
    That's what I'm talking about. Aesthetically and practically speaking, it never made any sense since Venom's whole deal is that he's imitating Spiderman. It was understandable that the symbiote gave itself a mouth because Brock mentally commanded it to create that look to terrorize Mary Jane and further differentiate himself from Peter when he first wore the symbiote. But the tongue thing kinda came out of nowhere in Venom's later appearances. So did the green slime (which Marvel later explained is all of the "waste" in Brock's body, which is converted into a poisonous and sometimes corrosive substance by the symbiote).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Also, why does destroying a zombie's brain kill them? If their heart, lungs, digestive system etc are no longer functioning then how would the brain still be active if it's not receiving oxygen and nutrients?
    More to the point, to use The Walking Dead as an example, how is it that there are zombies that ‘died’ a decade ago, have been trapped somewhere that means they’re unable to eat any(one)thing, but are still going?

Where does their energy come from? It’s like they’re ignoring the law of conservation of energy - apparently energy CAN be created.

If you found a way of creating a battery made of zombies, would it be more effective than a cold fusion cell?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If you found a way of creating a battery made of zombies, would it be more effective than a cold fusion cell?
    Real talk? They would be exactly as effective. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Not a rumble. Just weird thoughts about various characters.

Doctor Octopus. When he's in an incarnation where his harness and tentacles are not bonded to him, his tentacles lift him up. Why doesn't the harness slide up and break his jaw? Or, if the harness is tight enough to prevent that, wouldn't it be painful? When the harness is grafted to his spine and the tentacles lift him, wouldn't that hurt and potentially cause damage?

Iron-Man. In the early days, when he had to always wear the chest plate and basically the whole shirt piece, wasn't there getting to be kind of an odor from his inability to wash?

When the Human Torch made fire illusions, why did they not look like they were on fire?

Feel free to please explain these or add your own crazy thoughts so I don't look so conspicuous.

P.S. I know I'm setting myself up for a Pendaran roast.
    Haha, I laughed at the Doc Ock ones, I can see it slipping up and busting his jaw.

As for Iron Man, yes, there was/is an odor. That is why he is known as Tony Stank!

Astonishing Member

Solanum from World War Z novel can be Universal herbicide
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

More to the point, to use The Walking Dead as an example, how is it that there are zombies that ‘died’ a decade ago, have been trapped somewhere that means they’re unable to eat any(one)thing, but are still going?

Where does their energy come from? It’s like they’re ignoring the law of conservation of energy - apparently energy CAN be created.

A battery made of zombies? Did you mean, "giant hamster wheel"?

Astonishing Member

zombie medium like Walking Dead are like (current) Pokemon anime(and it's rip-offs) in terms of having "All Superpowered Beings are brainless animals" trope

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Haha, I laughed at the Doc Ock ones, I can see it slipping up and busting his jaw.

As for Iron Man, yes, there was/is an odor. That is why he is known as Tony Stank!
    I think the real reason "Into the Spiderverse" went with a female Doc Ock was so she could wear a realistic harness that stays on but doesn't hurt like heck and end the possibility of any future liitle ocks when it lifts her.
    Power with Girl is better.

This may be just in the animated movies, but...what's up with that super long highway to Titans Island? That thing has to be miles long. Did the city pay for and build that? Why? And how many people take the wrong exit and end up having to drive ALL the way to Titans Tower just to drive ALL the way back to the mainland? How long does that take and isn't it aggravating both to the driver and to the Titans who keep noticing random cars showing up only to turn back around?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Doctor Octopus. When he's in an incarnation where his harness and tentacles are not bonded to him, his tentacles lift him up. Why doesn't the harness slide up and break his jaw? Or, if the harness is tight enough to prevent that, wouldn't it be painful? When the harness is grafted to his spine and the tentacles lift him, wouldn't that hurt and potentially cause damage?
    I think grafted tentacles are just a part of his body and lifting him up doesn't hurt any more than using legs to stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This may be just in the animated movies, but...what's up with that super long highway to Titans Island? That thing has to be miles long. Did the city pay for and build that? Why? And how many people take the wrong exit and end up having to drive ALL the way to Titans Tower just to drive ALL the way back to the mainland? How long does that take and isn't it aggravating both to the driver and to the Titans who keep noticing random cars showing up only to turn back around?

I think grafted tentacles are just a part of his body and lifting him up doesn't hurt any more than using legs to stand up.
    Hey, we're whining and complaining here. Just go with it.

Astonishing Member

Digimons rebel against humanity in Digimon 02 ending(or at least in any of it's follow up)

Predators. They only show up in the jungle in the summer and, even then, only in the absolute hottest summers. Except, of course, when they go up against Aliens while freezing their @$$es off in the arctic.

I know a woman who fancies herself a writer who was amazed I would "nitpick" something so trivial. I was tempted to say I was amazed she thinks she's a writer and maybe she'll even get published some day. I mean, there's trivial contradictions and then there's contradicting a main premise.

BANNED

From Battlechasers. Red Monkia's waist. I was like WTF so is she gonna break in two the next panel, or what? So far found the best renditions of the "strong woman" trope to be in the Kengan series i.e Karla, or Koharu and Yakusha from Dumbbell(the latter who happens to be Karla's mom...)

Also, HOW DO ULTRAMEN REPRODUCE!?! We know they do, with a new generation of Ultras with distinct parental lineages now taking to the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Considering how often bad guys like to attack heroes in their headquarters, and also how destructive those superhuman battles can get, it was wise of the Titans to choose a location so far from the city. And considering how often the people in the city will likely need saving from the bad guys, it was wise of the city to build a nice highway for the Titans so they would have a quick way to travel to the city.