Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    When a character with really advanced healing regrows a limb, do they still experience some kind of ghost sensation in regards to the limb they lost?
    Likewise, do ghosts itch and hurt all over? No wonder they’re cranky.

(I’m totally using that idea for my Necromantic Self-Help Group book that I’ll never write.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, objectively speaking, starving gremlins to death *is* probably the safest option.
    Beg your pardon but I think you mean "starving mogwai to death *is* probably the safest option." Feeding after midnight is what transforms them into gremlins to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    I don't know if it's really kung fu though. Most of the time it just looked like standard fighting aided by amped up stats.

Probably helps yeah.
    I agree on both counts.

How does Klaw (616) see anything if he is made of solidified sound?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How does Klaw (616) see anything if he is made of solidified sound?
    Sonar vision ala Daredevil maybe.

So how does that work?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

1. Why do some members of the Royal Family of the Inhumans wear masks?

2. Why do any of them wear masks?

3. Does Medusa use gallons of shampoo every month, or can she use her powers to just make her hair clean itself?

How would Orihime's fairies powers be affected if she was stabbed in the hand by the Stand Arrow?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    How would Orihime's fairies powers be affected if she was stabbed in the hand by the Stand Arrow?
    Honestly, this question can be equally valid when directed towards anyone, since Stand Powers in general are pretty much complete nonsense that is made up as the plot demands and Stand Arrows affect Stands in equally random ways that have pretty much nothing to do with what the original Stand's Powers are.

To be fair, Bleach also does that with its various powers, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a weird mix of bad writing tropes that somehow fuses together to form a beautiful Dadaist masterpiece in a way that Bleach can't even begin to match because it lacks the the sheer confident exuberance needed to carry the absolute gibberish that is every single bit of its story, characters, and power mechanics. Bleach tries to be a serious story with serious characters doing serious things, but undercuts its affectations of gravitas with its sheer randomness, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is basically a bunch of body building drag queens and sideshows dealing with a world and circumstances every bit as absurd as they are, so they can get away with having a guy develop weather manipulating powers that turn people into snails a lot better than Bleach can.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, Bleach also does that with its various powers, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a weird mix of bad writing tropes that somehow fuses together to form a beautiful Dadaist masterpiece in a way that Bleach can't even begin to match because it lacks the the sheer confident exuberance needed to carry the absolute gibberish that is every single bit of its story, characters, and power mechanics. Bleach tries to be a serious story with serious characters doing serious things, but undercuts its affectations of gravitas with its sheer randomness, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is basically a bunch of body building drag queens and sideshows dealing with a world and circumstances every bit as absurd as they are, so they can get away with having a guy develop weather manipulating powers that turn people into snails a lot better than Bleach can.
    I don't know man. Most of the weird abilities and characters in Bleach were fairly consistent with the overall tone, which could shift expertly between uber-serious and silly fun. And even when Kubo went all bonkers with some concepts and designs in the last arc it never undercut the serious situations. It merely enhanced the crazyness of the delightful mess that was the final arc.

Renji fought an evil luchador named Mask De Masculine who got stat boosts from the cheers of his constantly regenerating fanboy and it just worked. Renji's stoic and casally confident demeanour as he easily slipped into the heel role was a great contrast against Mask and his bombastic cheerfulness.

Mayuri's last that fight ended with a fascinating introspective of Mayuri's life philosophy and relationship with Nemu as he's pushed into a corner and the fact that his opponent was giant sentient arm with rapid evolutionary abilities didn't take away from any of that.

Weird opponents with equally weird powers where always a part of Bleach. The final arc especially pushed that element quite hard with the Sternritter and obviously some people found that jarring, but I never found it to be especially detracting or out of bounds of the series tone.

Extraordinary Member

Should probably ask a weird thing while I'm here.

Hmm... does Dante' regenerative powers extend to his clothes? Because that man's been stabbed through the torso so many times it's ridiculous but his coat never has a single hole in the back.

Should probably ask a weird thing while I'm here.

Hmm... does Dante' regenerative powers extend to his clothes? Because that man's been stabbed through the torso so many times it's ridiculous but his coat never has a single hole in the back.
    I mean, his clothes often transform and merge with his body when he Devil Triggers, so possibly?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't know man. Most of the weird abilities and characters in Bleach were fairly consistent with the overall tone, which could shift expertly between uber-serious and silly fun. And even when Kubo went all bonkers with some concepts and designs in the last arc it never undercut the serious situations. It merely enhanced the crazyness of the delightful mess that was the final arc.

Renji fought an evil luchador named Mask De Masculine who got stat boosts from the cheers of his constantly regenerating fanboy and it just worked. Renji's stoic and casally confident demeanour as he easily slipped into the heel role was a great contrast against Mask and his bombastic cheerfulness.

Mayuri's last that fight ended with a fascinating introspective of Mayuri's life philosophy and relationship with Nemu as he's pushed into a corner and the fact that his opponent was giant sentient arm with rapid evolutionary abilities didn't take away from any of that.

Weird opponents with equally weird powers where always a part of Bleach. The final arc especially pushed that element quite hard with the Sternritter and obviously some people found that jarring, but I never found it to be especially detracting or out of bounds of the series tone.
    The thing is that those random bursts of weirdness are relatively few and far between and everything else is a standard shounen affair where most of the cast wears relatively minor variations of the same mostly monochrome outfit and battles are based around comparative power levels, compared to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in which pretty much every character is a completely lunatic that looks like they got dressed in a thrift shop during a hurricane and communicates through equal parts words and interpretive dance, and pretty much every fight is basically competitive arbitrary bullshit. You're less likely to get away with randomly having bland low tier characters like Nanao asspull powers/weapons/history/etc... to defeat endgame bosses than you are if the random asspuller is an absolute weirdo like Jotaro Kujo (who, as far as JoJo characters is probably among the blandest), whose constantly doing stuff like that while also stoically doing cigarette tricks and wearing a hat that blends into his hair.

Like, I don't see the main cast in Bleach try to haze a new member of their group by tricking them into drinking a cup full of pee and later start a choreographed dance number while torturing the still-living decapitated head of an early, low-level, oneshot villain that had a mini-arc where the series had become a horror story where characters started disappearing because he had used his random power to wrap one ship over another and dragged their deflated bodies onto the other ship until they figured out how to counter this ability.

If in the DC universe, for whatever reason, would the protagonist of the Saints Row series be considered a metahuman?

Do you think Superheroes that have multiple different costumes, ever mix their costumes by mistake?

I can totally picture Spider-man showing up wearing the Black costume top, and everything else being the red and blue saying that he was in a hurry and got dressed in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Do you think Superheroes that have multiple different costumes, ever mix their costumes by mistake?

I can totally picture Spider-man showing up wearing the Black costume top, and everything else being the red and blue saying that he was in a hurry and got dressed in the dark.
    Imagine how Hank “Ant-Man-Giant-Man-Goliath-Yellowjacket-Dr-Pym-Scientific-Adventurer-Wasp” Pym must feel.