Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Imagine how Hank “Ant-Man-Giant-Man-Goliath-Yellowjacket-Dr-Pym-Scientific-Adventurer-Wasp” Pym must feel.
    Hank probably has a special hidden closet where he keeps the Yellowjacket costume. Can't even remember that he has one until the right mood strikes.

But it would be fun to see how other Avengers would react if he did mix them up. Like show up in an Ant-Man costume with the Yellowjacket mask on. Cap: "Hank... are you feeling okay?"

Alright Jessica, who started it?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Why doesn't the general population of Remnant (RWBY) have their Auras unlocked as soon as possible? Sure, they would need a lot of training to do anything particularly impressive with it, but unlocking it seems to only take a few seconds of concentration by someone who has decent control over their own Aura and seems to convey some degree of superhuman stats, a healing factor, and a force field that protects from damage and lets you wander around in deep winter in just your civilian clothes as default abilities.

I mean, they live in a world where monsters are constantly trying to destroy human civilization, so I would think that people in frontier farming towns or cities that require complex heating systems so that their inhabitants don't freeze to death would be willing to pay a decent stipend to make sure that they have a better chance to thrive I'm those conditions, even if none of them every unlock an actual Semblance.

Like imagine if Ren's and Nora's hometown was full of Aura Users, passively since of whom had even gotten a Semblance, or if that horror farm had decided to give all of themselves mildly superhuman stats instead of gathering Grimm that drained away any impulse to do anything but work, or what Watt's plan would have been if turned out that messing with Atlas' heating system ended up being less a "major terrorist attack on a capital during an election" and more of along the lines of "a mildly inconvenient prank."
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-13-2021 at 03:14 AM.

Is Nakama Power in Fairy Tail the same thing as Spiral Power in Gurren Lagann?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Why do so many new vampires in Sunnydale know kung fu?
    I haven't seen BtVS for a while. What specific techniques or characteristics did they display that made you think they used Kung Fu? What style(s) of Kung Fu? Wing Chun? Hung Gar? Mok Gar? Pao Chui? Sanda? Fu Jow Pai? Hei Hu Quan?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I haven't seen BtVS for a while. What specific techniques or characteristics did they display that made you think they used Kung Fu? What style(s) of Kung Fu? Wing Chun? Hung Gar? Mok Gar? Pao Chui? Sanda? Fu Jow Pai? Hei Hu Quan?
    I suspect it was just a glib comment about martial arts in general, intended for amusement, rather than genuinely denoting specific disciplines. You may be overanalysing a bit here.

Or just trying to show off how many forms of Kung Fu you either know or can find on Wikipedia.

Incredible Member

I suspect it was just a glib comment about martial arts in general, intended for amusement, rather than genuinely denoting specific disciplines. You may be overanalysing a bit here.
    Just having a bit of fun.

Or just trying to show off how many forms of Kung Fu you either know
    LOL! I wish. Pre-Super Soldier Serum Steve Rogers could kick my ****.

or can find on Wikipedia.
    Mortal Kombat wiki actually (except for Wing Chun, Hung Gar, Mok Gar, and Sanda. I knew about those from other sources).

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

If they were smart they would have studied the best kind of Martial Arts; HAMEDO!!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

even Comic Book Peak Humans pass for an evolved humans in Heroesverse
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Why is Gamora?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Why is Gamora?
    Because the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie needed at least one heroic female character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Because the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie needed at least one heroic female character.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    And yet, nobody asks How is Gamora.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    To be fair, "Where is Gamora?" would have resulted in the answer to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Movie versions: I could see Rocket Raccoon asking this, and then Peter gets upset. Then Mantis tells everybody that Peter doesn't know.