Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Ugh. I guess he could swill down some mouthwash from time to time, but I just realized that he can't brush his teeth, floss, or even get cavities filled by the dentist.
    Worse - I just realised he actually could if he wanted to. One is the guy who gave Wonder Man his powers and the other is a tactical genius, and yet neither figured out to cut a mouth slot and nostril holes through the masks that were permanently stuck to their faces?! No way. Impossible. They’ve both CHOSEN not to do so.

Or villains with names so nasty that Marvel couldn't use them in comics?
    .... Flashes back to NEXTWAVE and The Captain being punched in the face by Captain America for deciding to call himself Captain C***....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Worse - I just realised he actually could if he wanted to. One is the guy who gave Wonder Man his powers and the other is a tactical genius, and yet neither figured out to cut a mouth slot and nostril holes through the masks that were permanently stuck to their faces?! No way. Impossible. They’ve both CHOSEN not to do so.
    Good point. Even Dumb Donald of the Cosby Kids worked that out:

Or villains with names so nasty that Marvel couldn't use them in comics?
    Villain: I am The %@#$#%!!! Master!

Spider-man: ... You do realize you're never going to get an action figure with a name like that, right? I shouldn't even be fighting you. Kids read about my adventures!

Villain: Eat %@#$$!, you $@#$^%&!!

Spider-man: Okay, fine. I'll fight you. But I'm telling the press that your super villain name is "Mr. Potty-Mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Spider-man: ... You do realize you're never going to get an action figure with a name like that, right? I shouldn't even be fighting you. Kids read about my adventures!

Spider-man: Okay, fine. I'll fight you. But I'm telling the press that your super villain name is "Mr. Potty-Mouth."
    So Spider-Man's fighting an Ennis character?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So Spider-Man's fighting an Ennis character?
    Reminds me of the Spidey/Punisher team-up from Ennis' run on The Punisher (2001):

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Maybe they *have* done that, and just have another identical mask that they wear on top whenever they are around others in order to preserve the aesthetic.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Not *exactly* the same thing, but it reminds me of this:

Maybe this is how everybody really forgot the Sentry: his original hero name was so nasty that everyone just called him That Nasty Guy. And eventually everybody moved on and soon forgot about Bob because they never used his nasty hero name anyway.

And/or: next time a Marvel writer wants to retcon in a super-powerful villain, they can just say that his original name was so nasty that they couldn't publish any of his stories. But he finally changed his name while making a big comeback, and all the heroes start talking about their previous battles with him now that they can speak freely using his new name. He could be one of those dudes that everybody has fought, like the Stranger or Dr. Doom.

Astonishing Member

Maybe this is how everybody really forgot the Sentry: his original hero name was so nasty that everyone just called him That Nasty Guy. And eventually everybody moved on and soon forgot about Bob because they never used his nasty hero name anyway.

And/or: next time a Marvel writer wants to retcon in a super-powerful villain, they can just say that his original name was so nasty that they couldn't publish any of his stories. But he finally changed his name while making a big comeback, and all the heroes start talking about their previous battles with him now that they can speak freely using his new name. He could be one of those dudes that everybody has fought, like the Stranger or Dr. Doom.
    His name is Bob...I mean thats even more lame than Nasty Guy...

Not really a question about a specific villain, but kind of villains in general... why do they bother with guards for their secret lairs? It always seems like these guards are the most incompetent thugs possible. Dim-witted, inattentive, easily distracted, and always easily dispatched by a single blow from any good guy.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not really a question about a specific villain, but kind of villains in general... why do they bother with guards for their secret lairs? It always seems like these guards are the most incompetent thugs possible. Dim-witted, inattentive, easily distracted, and always easily dispatched by a single blow from any good guy.
    1. Keeps the riff-raff out.
    2. Looks good when they have easily-swayed visiting politicians.
    3. Need staff to help with the cleaning, and they do that as part of their duties.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, specific to Lex.....how did he not realize the GLOWING GREEN ROCK ON HIS FINGER IS A CANCER RISK when he's a level 10 intellect?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    So, specific to Lex.....how did he not realize the GLOWING GREEN ROCK ON HIS FINGER IS A CANCER RISK when he's a level 10 intellect?
    Arrogance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Arrogance?
    Works for me. I've known some smart, arrogant people who assume that anybody who disagrees with them must be stupid.