Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Not really a question about a specific villain, but kind of villains in general... why do they bother with guards for their secret lairs? It always seems like these guards are the most incompetent thugs possible. Dim-witted, inattentive, easily distracted, and always easily dispatched by a single blow from any good guy.
    I mean they are probably a lot better against people who aren't super-soldiers in their own rights, or joes with amazing God-like Super powers or stuff.

You know, they probably keep the regular threats out just fine.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I mean they are probably a lot better against people who aren't super-soldiers in their own rights, or joes with amazing God-like Super powers or stuff.

You know, they probably keep the regular threats out just fine.
    Yeah, do you really think Count Nefaria wants to trouble himself with the neighbour’s dog crapping on his lawn?

Incredible Member

Something I find odd; why do so many characters often state they need to get "stronger" when physical strength often has little to nothing to do with their goal? Even when strength is relevant it's often given far too much priority.

For example "Pokemon." Why do Pokemon trainers claim they need to get "stronger?" How does being able to lift heavy weights improve one's ability to train animals?

Or say, "Naruto." How many times do we see Naruto, Sasuke etc. go on and on about how "I have to get stronger?" Sure being able to lift heavy weights can be useful, but isn't it far more important to hone their skills? Like, being able to bench press twice your own weight won't mean anything if a guy throws a kunai into your throat. In that scenario you'd need to have reflexes fast enough to dodge/deflect the attack. That is you need speed, not strength.

Yet these characters still insist on saying "I have to get stronger" as if pumping iron and taking steroids is all they need to do. Why?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I suspect 'stronger' in this case is just a short-form for saying 'better at what I do'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Something I find odd; why do so many characters often state they need to get "stronger" when physical strength often has little to nothing to do with their goal? Even when strength is relevant it's often given far too much priority.

For example "Pokemon." Why do Pokemon trainers claim they need to get "stronger?" How does being able to lift heavy weights improve one's ability to train animals?

Or say, "Naruto." How many times do we see Naruto, Sasuke etc. go on and on about how "I have to get stronger?" Sure being able to lift heavy weights can be useful, but isn't it far more important to hone their skills? Like, being able to bench press twice your own weight won't mean anything if a guy throws a kunai into your throat. In that scenario you'd need to have reflexes fast enough to dodge/deflect the attack. That is you need speed, not strength.

Yet these characters still insist on saying "I have to get stronger" as if pumping iron and taking steroids is all they need to do. Why?
    According to Dictionary.com:

adjective, strong·er [strawng-ger, strong-], strong·est [strawng-gist, strong-].

1. having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power; physically vigorous or robust: a strong boy.

2. accompanied or delivered by great physical, mechanical, etc., power or force: a strong handshake; With one strong blow the machine stamped out a fender.

3. mentally powerful or vigorous: He may be old, but his mind is still strong.

4. especially able, competent, or powerful in a specific field or respect: She's very strong in mathematics. He's weak at bat, but he's a strong fielder.

5. of great moral power, firmness, or courage: strong under temptation.

While definitions 1 and 2 are also stuff that a lot of characters are also meaning when they say "stronger," 3 through 5 are also commonly used, especially in stuff like Pokemon and Naruto.

Has the Ringmaster ever considered running a legit circus? It would probably be steadier pay than getting stomped by superheroes. He must been higher than a kite when he decided to crash a wedding at the Avengers Mansion.

Astonishing Member

Does Vision ever need to use the bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does Vision ever need to use the bathroom?
    No, because he doesn't need to drink or eat. But I could totally see him using the bathroom as a courtesy when he was living as Victor Shade, to avoid making people worry about him.

So.....why don't supervillains patent their stuff more? Cold INVENTED A GUN THAT PERFECTLY SIMULATES ABSOLUTE ZERO for starters. Man is sitting on a goldmine.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    So.....why don't supervillains patent their stuff more? Cold INVENTED A GUN THAT PERFECTLY SIMULATES ABSOLUTE ZERO for starters. Man is sitting on a goldmine.
    From what I recall most tech-based villains did try to patent their inventions but got swindled out of it. That's why they turned to crime in the first place. I'm sure that was Vulture's origin, he created an antigravity harness but his business partner arranged it so Toomes didn't get any credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead
    Has the Ringmaster ever considered running a legit circus? It would probably be steadier pay than getting stomped by superheroes. He must been higher than a kite when he decided to crash a wedding at the Avengers Mansion.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Circus of Crime usually stick to small towns precisely to avoid getting detected by superheroes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid
    According to Dictionary.com:

adjective, strong·er [strawng-ger, strong-], strong·est [strawng-gist, strong-].

1. having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power; physically vigorous or robust: a strong boy.

2. accompanied or delivered by great physical, mechanical, etc., power or force: a strong handshake; With one strong blow the machine stamped out a fender.

3. mentally powerful or vigorous: He may be old, but his mind is still strong.

4. especially able, competent, or powerful in a specific field or respect: She's very strong in mathematics. He's weak at bat, but he's a strong fielder.

5. of great moral power, firmness, or courage: strong under temptation.

While definitions 1 and 2 are also stuff that a lot of characters are also meaning when they say "stronger," 3 through 5 are also commonly used, especially in stuff like Pokemon and Naruto.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies
    I suspect 'stronger' in this case is just a short-form for saying 'better at what I do'..
    To be fair it does work better than say, Naruto saying "I need to get faster," even though speed is obviously vital for a shinobi.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 03-16-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

The mechanism of magic for making KH2!Sora's leather costume can be used for making artificial meats(with physics of 5th dimension)
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Indeed. An honest living creates a healthy atmosphere, which is something the Circus of Crime doesn't have

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. An honest living creates a healthy atmosphere, which is something the Circus of Crime doesn't have

Yep, that was the Circus of Crime line-up that infiltrated the Avengers mansion during the wedding of Yellowjacket and the Wasp. This is the wedding they are crashing:

The only way it could have been worse for the Circus is if Thor and the Silver Surfer showed up.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Why would anyone infiltrate during a wedding? That ALWAYS happens!

"Superheroes are having a big party together! It's the perfect time to attack!"

No, you idiot, it's the WORST time to attack. The place isn't just full of all manner of supers, they're all rather motivated.

Side note: glad they commented about the punch, I was about to say something about Stephen drinking. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why would anyone infiltrate during a wedding? That ALWAYS happens!

"Superheroes are having a big party together! It's the perfect time to attack!"

No, you idiot, it's the WORST time to attack. The place isn't just full of all manner of supers, they're all rather motivated.

Side note: glad they commented about the punch, I was about to say something about Stephen drinking. ^_^
    At least half the heroes in that picture could easily solo the Circus of Crime. The other half would need to work for the win.