Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    ... I like that, but I like that Kouran Mori is just horny for Yanagi even more. But, my fellow Flame of Recca reader.
    not to mention Kouran Mori with Tendo Jigoku finds common human beings boring to eat
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

I think I wonder the most about X-men... For Cyclops, if his eye beams are strong enough to bore through a mountain, then how the HECK do his glasses/visor keep it back? Do they absorb the energy? Does it reflect back into the little portals in his eyes? Where does the energy go?
    For Wolverine, how can he bend his wrists when his claws are sheathed? Is that why he leaves them out?
    For Angel, how can he fly? Like, physically? Birds can fly because they have aerodynamic bodies, internal air sacs, and extremely light bones. Shouldn't he just be one of those mutants who actually can't do anything with their mutant abilities?

And when he and Wolverine were died on the suicide mission in POX/HOX and then were resurrected by the Five using DNA, shouldn't they both be back in their original genetic state, with Scott able to control his optic blasts and Wolverine with bone claws?
    Maybe I didn't get far enough

Astonishing Member

Avengers Endgame characters can find Christopher Reeves Superman's time travel pseudoscientific?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I think I wonder the most about X-men... For Cyclops, if his eye beams are strong enough to bore through a mountain, then how the HECK do his glasses/visor keep it back? Do they absorb the energy? Does it reflect back into the little portals in his eyes? Where does the energy go?
    For Wolverine, how can he bend his wrists when his claws are sheathed? Is that why he leaves them out?
    For Angel, how can he fly? Like, physically? Birds can fly because they have aerodynamic bodies, internal air sacs, and extremely light bones. Shouldn't he just be one of those mutants who actually can't do anything with their mutant abilities?

And when he and Wolverine were died on the suicide mission in POX/HOX and then were resurrected by the Five using DNA, shouldn't they both be back in their original genetic state, with Scott able to control his optic blasts and Wolverine with bone claws?
    I've heard somebody mention that Forge has a stash of Adamantium to use whenever Wolverine gets resurrected, but I don't know ifd that was actually from the books or they were just no-prizing it.

Here's another question on that note? How many sets of adamantium Wolverine skeletons are floating around out there now?

What would happen if Black Bolt got the hiccups?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Avengers Endgame characters can find Christopher Reeves Superman's time travel pseudoscientific?
    LOL. I have that reaction anytime someone refers to Superman, Green Lantern, etc., as a "science based character". I mean, I get it. As opposed to Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange, etc., who are openly said to be magic based characters. But it's window dressing. All comic book characters defy the Laws of Physics. There is no such thing as a science based character.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    What would happen if Black Bolt got the hiccups?
    I think that the man has enough self-control and discipline to just sit there and be uncomfortable and annoyed with his quiet hiccups, at least until he drinks a glas of ice cold water while doing a handstand or whatever the traditional Inhuman cure for the hiccups is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    LOL. I have that reaction anytime someone refers to Superman, Green Lantern, etc., as a "science based character". I mean, I get it. As opposed to Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange, etc., who are openly said to be magic based characters. But it's window dressing. All comic book characters defy the Laws of Physics. There is no such thing as a science based character.
    Does this mean even mechanical/biological augmentation defies laws of physics IRL(at least when used on humans)?

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Does this mean even mechanical/biological augmentation defies laws of physics IRL(at least when used on humans)?
    That seems a strange question. Things in comic books that are clearly impossible therefore defy the Laws of Physics so does that mean things that exist in real life defy the Laws of Physics? Um, no. Having an artificial pacemaker does not mean faster than light travel is possible.
    Power with Girl is better.

Doctor Doom invented his own time machine, back before he first battled the Fantastic Four. Why does he use it so rarely?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Doctor Doom invented his own time machine, back before he first battled the Fantastic Four. Why does he use it so rarely?
    Even Doom knows better than to fuck with time too much. Don't want to accidentally paradox yourself out of existence playing around in the time stream.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Even Doom knows better than to fuck with time too much. Don't want to accidentally paradox yourself out of existence playing around in the time stream.
    Indeed. But, it's been proven he'll use it if it serves an experimental purpose.

Astonishing Member

Drukhari Scourges needs Extremely Light Bones to fly like birds

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post

Cant answer all of these, but of those i can:

Logan's claws are a little shorter than his forearms, so when sheathed they are contained completely in his forearms and do not project into his wrists. The 80's lore had bionic housings in his forearms and he refers to them in the Claremont/Miller mini. Post the Weapon X miniseries they were made to be a part of his mutation, but the housings while natural now, are still contained wholly in his forearms. Any art that makes them longer than 1 foot long must be assumed to be artists license.

Angels's entire body is mutated to make his wings work. His heart is dozens of times stronger than a human heart, and his muscles, both in his wings and his body are much much stronger than a humans. He has the proportional strength of a bird to make his flight possible, and with a super heart pumping blood at that rate, he is vastly stronger and faster than a normal person. His eyesight is better too.

The resurrection was a plot hole, but they revealed that Forge does have a batch of adamantium to rebond to Logan's skeleton when necessary, and that Scott's inability to stop his beams from randomly blasting is a psychological limit he has placed on himself, Emma Frost showed this in Astonishing X-Men 22-24. Scott has issues, news at 11.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Scott has issues, news at 11.
    Muadib wins the Vast Understatement Award of the month, just under the wire.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate