Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

There's one crime you never really see committed in comics. Trademark (or copyright) infringement.

If supervillians are already robbing banks and taking every parties full of rich people hostage, you think they wouldn't be worried about being sued.

Do you think that maybe sometimes Spider-man or Batman have to fight new criminals that decide to call themselves things like Megatron, Skeletor, or the Shredder and we just don't get to see it?

And if so, do any of these heroes have a regular villain that they often fight but comics can't show it?
    Last edited by Alan2099; 01-12-2023 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's one crime you never really see committed in comics. Trademark (or copyright) infringement.

If supervillians are already robbing banks and taking every parties full of rich people hostage, you think they wouldn't be worried about being sued.

Do you think that maybe sometimes Spider-man or Batman have to fight new criminals that decide to call themselves things like Megatron, Skeletor, or the Shredder and we just don't get to see it?

And if so, do any of these heroes have a regular villain that they often fight but comics can't show it?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._the_original/

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

You don't tug on Superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    And you don't get into an Evil-Off with Disney's lawyers.

How is Earth part of the Nine (or Ten) Realms of the Asgardian mythos, and yet also connected to various other pantheons worshipped on Earth in the past, such as the Greco-Roman pantheon of Hercules?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How is Earth part of the Nine (or Ten) Realms of the Asgardian mythos, and yet also connected to various other pantheons worshipped on Earth in the past, such as the Greco-Roman pantheon of Hercules?
    It's all perspective. 100% sure that if you go chat to the Greek Gods, they can point out exactly where Earth fits in their own cosmology and it probably looks perfectly valid. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's all perspective. 100% sure that if you go chat to the Greek Gods, they can point out exactly where Earth fits in their own cosmology and it probably looks perfectly valid. ^_^
    Was the 616 Mount Olympus located in ancient Greece? Or was that the Eternals' version? And if so, does that make Mount Olympus part of the Nine (or Ten) Realms?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

So Vance Astro was stuck in that copper-lined suit that he couldn't take off or he'd instantly age to like a thousand years old or something, right? How's he supposed to pee without exposing himself? Did he just hold it all in for however many years until he was able to live without it? And for that matter, he was able to open his mouth and eyes, how come that wasn't deadly to him?

And another thing. Even if the bullet was made of adamantium, can a regular gun fire the bullet hard enough to actually penetrate another piece of adamantium? Like, it's not merely a matter of sharpness or whatever, right? You fire a lead bullet at a lead wall, that doesn't automatically make it punch-through-able. Like Thor's slamming Mjolnir down on Ultron's adamantium body barely put the slightest of dents in it, how's a revolver supposed to provide enough thrust to get through?

Could Matter-Eater-Lad eat himself, like that guy from One Piece?

I just go with the explanation that was given as Thor was moving toward #300 back in the 1980s. All of the pantheons came into existence in the early days of the human race, the energy coming from the Earth's bio-sphere and given form by the beliefs of humans. Of course, the Norse gods believe it's the Nine realms and only that because that's what their believers believed. That's the mythology. They probably are intellectually incapable of thinking much about the fact that the existence of other deities and realms causes that to be untrue and make no sense. Wait! So, the gods are capable of cognitive dissonance! Given recent events, that's completely believable.
    Power with Girl is better.

Does Wolverines wisdom teeth always grow back?

If his teeth ever got crooked, do they just regenerate back to straight? Or if they stayed crooked, and he got his teeth straightened with orthodontics, would they just shift back to crooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Does Wolverines wisdom teeth always grow back?

If his teeth ever got crooked, do they just regenerate back to straight? Or if they stayed crooked, and he got his teeth straightened with orthodontics, would they just shift back to crooked?
    I suppose he could get adamantium braces. Come to think of it, why doesn't Wolverine have adamantium-laced teeth?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I suppose he could get adamantium braces. Come to think of it, why doesn't Wolverine have adamantium-laced teeth?
    He DOES have adamantium-laced teeth, I believe. When he's at full on Godverine, my-coffee-is-two-coffees level, and he gets reduced to bones before growing back, the teeth are still in the skull IIRC.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

If Batman was on patrol in the batmobile, and a random cop tried to pull him over to give him a speeding ticket or something, would Batman stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    If Batman was on patrol in the batmobile, and a random cop tried to pull him over to give him a speeding ticket or something, would Batman stop?
    Depends on the Batman. Adam West? Sure. 80s on edgelord? Uh, unless its Jim Gordon, no.

Extraordinary Member

Would haki-infused strikes do real damage to Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen?

I brought this up in a thread years ago, it seems he does have regular teeth, but most times I see his bare skeleton on display, his teeth are also adamantium. Though I presume this is just some artist liberty, since drawing the skull without the teeth would look weird.