Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Do characters with the ability to shoot energy beams from their eyes (like Superman and Cyclops) use their power to remove crap from their eyes (like general eye-gunk and strands of hair)?
    THIS has me seeing these super heroes using their skills for daily menial jobs.... Superman doing laser eye treatment, Wolverine going full Edward Scissorhands and cutting hair, etc.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Lex Luthor using Magical Weapons to get rid of All Superpowered Beings: this can be undeniably more efficient option to wipe out everything that isn't 100% normal humans
    I saw one cartoon where he took out the Injustice League because he invented a gun that drains powers. It proceeded to work on metahumans, Kryptonians, and even Green Lantern power rings. You know, the most advanced technology in the universe. Apparently, "powers" was a very broad term for his magic weapon.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Dunno about eye gunk, but Scott's hair should be immune to his optic blasts, like Havok.

Actually, are Scott's kids as immune to his powers as his brother is? And shielding themselves with cosmic level telekinesis doesn't count.
    Even as a kid, that didn't make any sense to me.

'Because Scott is Alex's brother, he's immune to Alex's concussive blasts. And vice versa. But not any other concussive blasts!'

wat
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

'Because Scott is Alex's brother, he's immune to Alex's concussive blasts. And vice versa. But not any other concussive blasts!'

wat
    Don't Black Tom and Banshee have similar immunity to one anothers powers? But I don't think that Cable, Shaman, and Stryfe are immune to one anothers powers despite ostensibly all being variations of the same person.

What about Banshee and Siryn, who are parent and child? Though in that case, even if they aren't immune to the direct concussive force of each other's big attacks, they are probably at least highly resistant to the other aspects since they essentially have the same exact powers....

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Shooting them in the head comes from the original Night of the Living Dead. It was made in 1968. It's older than Xanth.

"All law enforcement agencies and the military have been organized to search out and destroy the marauding ghouls. The survival command center at the Pentagon has disclosed that a ghoul can be killed by a shot in the head or a heavy blow to the skull. Officials are quoted as explaining that since the brain of a ghoul has been activated by the radiation, the plan is, kill the brain and you kill the ghoul."
    I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

wat
    When they battled in X-Men #97, I was like, "Scott, blast the pavement in front of him so the flying chunks of concrete will smash him!" I was pretty bloodthirsty back then.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Don't Black Tom and Banshee have similar immunity to one anothers powers? But I don't think that Cable, Shaman, and Stryfe are immune to one anothers powers despite ostensibly all being variations of the same person.

What about Banshee and Siryn, who are parent and child? Though in that case, even if they aren't immune to the direct concussive force of each other's big attacks, they are probably at least highly resistant to the other aspects since they essentially have the same exact powers....
    I could totally get the idea of 'this person controls sound, so they're immune to the power of their child, who also controls sound'. That's more of a sound control thing, and would spill over to affect other people's sound control powers.

What I don't get is 'this guy fires ruby-red energy blasts, while the other guy fires plasma concussive blasts, and they're immune to each other's concussive blasts because...they're blood-related. But no other concussive blasts.'

That's magic.

Similarly Black Tom and Banshee. It just doesn't make sense. 'Because these two share some genetics, the energies they emit don't affect each other, despite one being weird concussive energies and the other being sonic blasts.'

wat

I suppose some might argue that if they're twins, they experienced each other's power in the womb and developed some kind of bullshit immunity to it, but how does one develop an immunity to a concussive blast? That's like saying 'I developed an immunity to punches!' which is kind of 'ehhhh, really?' unless you're the Juggernaut, in which case it's again magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    When they battled in X-Men #97, I was like, "Scott, blast the pavement in front of him so the flying chunks of concrete will smash him!" I was pretty bloodthirsty back then.
    See, THAT'S smart.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-03-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Actually, are Scott's kids as immune to his powers as his brother is? And shielding themselves with cosmic level telekinesis doesn't count.
    Cyclops messed Stryfe up pretty bad with optics blasts back during X-Cutioner's Song.

Cyclops messed Stryfe up pretty bad with optics blasts back during X-Cutioner's Song.
    So brothers and cousins may be immune or resistant to each other's mostly unrelated powers, but parent and child are not, unless they are essentially the same power which they each have a certain degree of default resistance to... maybe. Glad we worked that out, though I still choose to believe that Logan and Laura are immune to at least the seduction aspects of Daken's pheromone powers.

Cyclops had a kid named Stryfe? Yikes. That's like Kylo Ren level of teenage angst.

So I had to look him up in Wikipedia, which said "The character was created by Louise Simonson and Rob Liefeld,[citation needed] and first appears in The New Mutants #86 (February 1990), a cameo appearance in which his head cannot be seen." I just want to note that his feet can't be seen either, which is like a signature move for Liefeld.

So brothers and cousins may be immune or resistant to each other's mostly unrelated powers, but parent and child are not, unless they are essentially the same power which they each have a certain degree of default resistance to... maybe. Glad we worked that out, though I still choose to believe that Logan and Laura are immune to at least the seduction aspects of Daken's pheromone powers.
    Now you’ve made me feel dirty.

I suspect it’s not helped by Daken being an anagram of ‘naked’, and Laura being an anagram of ‘aural’, which, if we’re talking sexy talk would mean ‘in the ear’. And that’s just nasty.

But then Wolverine is an anagram of ‘wine lover’, so that’s actually quite civilised.

On that basis alone, I blame the mother. And the test tube.

Damn test tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Cyclops had a kid named Stryfe? Yikes. That's like Kylo Ren level of teenage angst.

So I had to look him up in Wikipedia, which said "The character was created by Louise Simonson and Rob Liefeld,[citation needed] and first appears in The New Mutants #86 (February 1990), a cameo appearance in which his head cannot be seen." I just want to note that his feet can't be seen either, which is like a signature move for Liefeld.
    Stryfe is a clone of Cable without the techno-organic virus who was kidnapped and raised by Apocalypse to become his new body until ol' blue lips found out that Stryfe was a clone and thus unworthy of becoming a new body for some reason. The same Apocalypse whose original 4 Horsemen were revealed to have been his biological kids. "Stryfe" is pretty much super on brand with that kinda upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Now you’ve made me feel dirty.

I suspect it’s not helped by Daken being an anagram of ‘naked’, and Laura being an anagram of ‘aural’, which, if we’re talking sexy talk would mean ‘in the ear’. And that’s just nasty.

But then Wolverine is an anagram of ‘wine lover’, so that’s actually quite civilised.

On that basis alone, I blame the mother. And the test tube.

Damn test tubes.
    In all fairness, the issues with Daken are pretty much entirely Romulus' fault, since he is the one who had the still-brainwashed Winter Soldier kill Wolverine's wife Itsu and steal Daken, or something like that. Which is just another reason to want to delete Romulus from reality to add to the mountain.

Whatever happened to Snowman from Blade 2? He just disappears from the movie.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Whatever happened to Snowman from Blade 2? He just disappears from the movie.
    He was killed and fed on by Light Hammer who at that point had become a Reaper (when Verlaine stumbles across Light Hammer he is crouched over Snowman's corpse).

Presumably he was destroyed when Blade set off the UV bomb pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy
    Predators. They only show up in the jungle in the summer and, even then, only in the absolute hottest summers. Except, of course, when they go up against Aliens while freezing their @$$es off in the arctic.
    Prior to that the comic "Predator: Cold War" showed them operating in Siberia (although in that case they weren't there by choice, their ship had crash-landed).
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.