Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Not post the whole "we're all parts of an evil alien space god, who has to be written into everything" retcon thing, no, sadly.
    I'm pretty certain that they wrote that to balance out "Spiderman and all of other Spidermen are intrinsically connected to multiversal cosmic Spider Gods." Because Venom has to copy Spiderman in all aspects.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So, would Devilman end if Ryo read "He's just not that into you?"
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    So, would Devilman end if Ryo read "He's just not that into you?"
    Nope, because God would still eventually show up and destroy the Earth, then place it into a time-loop that leads into alternate universes.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Good luck, the giant all consuming dorkballs crossover event is coming.
    I mean, at least he's not The Batman Who Laughs and won't just flipping go away after overstaying his welcome!

When this Marvel event is over Knull *giggle snorts because Swedish* probably won't be back for every single crossover event after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I mean, at least he's not The Batman Who Laughs and won't just flipping go away after overstaying his welcome!

When this Marvel event is over Knull *giggle snorts because Swedish* probably won't be back for every single crossover event after this one.
    I mean, at least Venom/Eddie is getting good character development out of the Knull affair, while the Batman Who Laughs has just been a one-dimensional karma houdini since he got Doctor Manhattan's powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I mean, at least Venom/Eddie is getting good character development out of the Knull affair, while the Batman Who Laughs has just been a one-dimensional karma houdini since he got Doctor Manhattan's powers.
    I actually have heard really good stuff about how Cates have written Eddie, and while Knull *more giggle snorts* is unintentionally hilarious to me I am quite interested in how Cates has tied the character into the larger Marvel universe, and he's done a solid job of hyping up the coming event.

The Batman Who Laughs is just Batman + The Joker, and that's apparently the most dangerous person in the multiverse which is just... not at all appealing to me.

Keeping the thread in mind. How did TBWL ever see through that dumb spike... mask I guess that covered his eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    It's stated in "Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide" that Carnage's projectiles maintain their structural integrity for about twenty seconds then crumble to dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In a few of his early appearances, Carnage was stated to have abilities other symbites didn't because he was born on earth. I'm pretty sure that explination doesn't hold up anymore, but it's what they used to say.

And yeah, once separate from Carnage, his blades tend to dissolve into dust.
    Thanks for the clarifications, my friends. I have his first and early appearances, but I last read them when they first released. It's been a while. In fact, it's been many whiles.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Did Beerus learn his dance moves from Whis?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Did Beerus learn his dance moves from Whis?
    I mean, its heavily implied that he and the other Gods of Destruction were originally mortal, so maybe he and Champa just used to be Lords of the Dance before they became Gods of Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, its heavily implied that he and the other Gods of Destruction were originally mortal, so maybe he and Champa just used to be Lords of the Dance before they became Gods of Destruction.
    This is definitely canon to me now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Nope, because God would still eventually show up and destroy the Earth, then place it into a time-loop that leads into alternate universes.
    That sounds a lot like what Mazinger Zero did. And since they're both Nagai IP's...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    That sounds a lot like what Mazinger Zero did. And since they're both Nagai IP's...

*Distant, pained flashback*
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This is definitely canon to me now.
    For anyone wondering:

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yami Yugi make Digimons and Pokemons rebel against their human partners
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

If Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?