Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ultron wasn't what Pym wanted to be like, Ultron became evil on his own. The first thing he did was attack and mind wipe Hank and attempt to kill him ever since. There's this really strange meme in Marvel that Hank Pym created Ultron to be like he is, all it does is create misinformation and character assassinate Pym. Pym has his own demons he's responsible for, all he did was built him - he didn't make him evil. That's all on Ultron. It's like blaming whoever created Skynet at any time line.
    Pym didn't even really invent Ultron. He reverse engineered Dragonman, and it's very possible that what made Ultron evil was inherent to the Dragonman design, but whoever invented Dragonman oddly never gets blamed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even as early as Romita he was still abusive, while not the violent kind, he ignored Harry his whole life and only gave him money, while Harry would rather he paid attention to him, which he only started to do after the whole Green Goblin **** started, ironically...

Ultimate might be easy mode considering how so many characters are jerkasses at the nicest, and flanderizes a lot of characters' worst traits from 616 .
    Not mentioning that most of his interactions with Harry where him insult him, i'm pretty sure that the first thing that we see Norman said in ASM #37 was him insulting his son. Plus the fact that Norman actually beat him, but to fair that wasn't revealed until DeMatteis run on Spec, but really was any of us surprised by it?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Pym didn't even really invent Ultron. He reverse engineered Dragonman, and it's very possible that what made Ultron evil was inherent to the Dragonman design, but whoever invented Dragonman oddly never gets blamed for this.
    I forgot about that. But I kind of doubt Dragon Man is the source of the evil. Professor Gilbert didn't create him that way. He built him because he wated a companion after the death of his family. It was Diablo that corrupted his programming to serve him. He's quite docile now and is like a big nanny to the children of the Future Foundation

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ultrons origin never has made sense in comics. The movie version is actually so much better. Ultron should have always been created by Stark not Pym.

Ultimate Member

IIRC, Ultron was based on Hank's brainwaves, so that's the part that should get focused on

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ultrons origin never has made sense in comics. The movie version is actually so much better. Ultron should have always been created by Stark not Pym.
    Considering how MCU Ultron faired out, I think he's better off being created by Hank.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    IIRC, Ultron was based on Hank's brainwaves, so that's the part that should get focused on
    Being based on someone's brainwashes hardly makes them identical. Vision is based on Wonder Man's brainwaves but they're completely different people.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I mean the first response in this thread was Logan. Why is Scott off-limits?

opinions = trolling lol?
    Anyone that puts Logan on the top of that list is also a troll.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Being based on someone's brainwashes hardly makes them identical. Vision is based on Wonder Man's brainwaves but they're completely different people.
    They're within range of one another, though. So there's plenty of room for angst

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Anyone that puts Logan on the top of that list is also a troll.
    Yeah, i mean i know that Logan isn't winning the Parent of the Year award anytime soon, but we have seen that if he knows about the kids, he actually tries to be there for then as much as he can, hell he gave Daken more chances that he deserved but somehow he is the bad guy for killing when he found out that he was gonna kill the entire school? give me a break.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i mean i know that Logan isn't winning the Parent of the Year award anytime soon, but we have seen that if he knows about the kids, he actually tries to be there for then as much as he can, hell he gave Daken more chances that he deserved but somehow he is the bad guy for killing when he found out that he was gonna kill the entire school? give me a break.
    Exactly. And again, in an MU that has Brian Banner and Norman Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Spider-Man's corner is really tame compared to the rest of the world, most notably their version of the Avengers.
    Sure it's tamer, even Norman ironically enough, but still doesn't change how some characters became way bigger jerkasses.

As for another future Spider-Man; let's head to the year 2211 and think of the guy who did not care for his daughter and was the cause that she chose to became the Goblin that pesters him. I get the feeling that he's worse than that as a character.
    Is he really that lousy? Kinda hard to justify bad parenting as a reason to become a super-villain, daddy issues can only go so far and all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not mentioning that most of his interactions with Harry where him insult him, i'm pretty sure that the first thing that we see Norman said in ASM #37 was him insulting his son.
    Yeah, their first interaction has Norman being an ass:

but in ASM#38, he's nice to Harry, which Flash points out:

Which makes it funny 'cause, it looks like under Ditko it didn't seem like Norman was supposed to be the abusive kind that Romita made him, he's still an ass at least, but that's expected of Ditko lol.

Plus the fact that Norman actually beat him, but to fair that wasn't revealed until DeMatteis run on Spec, but really was any of us surprised by it?.
    I dunno about that man, Romita Norman, while still abusive, did love Harry, he ironically became a better father after the whole Green Goblin **** (Specifically post ASM#40, when he lost his memory), there's ASM#98, where he went back to normal after seeing Harry unconscious:

https://i.imgur.com/P2rehMp.png

And in ASM#121, part of the reason his memory returned is because he saw Spidey as an enemy, who also hurt his son:

https://i.imgur.com/52BI96h.png

https://i.imgur.com/CHXRBI8.png

So him being the abusive kind who beats up Harry, despite loving him like that, while definitely possible because Norman is still a piece of ****, Romita's run had no evidence of this, as his love for Harry was one of the few positive aspects about Norman, might even have been part of the reason Peter decided to not have him arrested.

So yeah, I'd say the retcon makes it a bit surprising lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how MCU Ultron faired out, I think he's better off being created by Hank.
    What is even MCU Ultron like? Seemed like a generic "Humans suck so Imma kill 'em", which if that's the case, really not as interesting as the mess of a robot with daddy issues he is in the comics.

Either way, I guess Jessica Drew's father can be mentioned here, he was okay with working for Hydra, and letting Jessica be essentially their puppet.

I don't recall if anyone's thrown him into the ring, but Thunderbolt Ross is pretty goddamn bad.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I don't recall if anyone's thrown him into the ring, but Thunderbolt Ross is pretty goddamn bad.
    There are still worse examples than him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ross only has one kid being Betty and outside being strict, he was pretty good to her which makes a good dad. Yeah, he's an ******* to other characters but tough **** for them.
    "Cable was right!"