Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Worst Father in MU?

With the latest revelation that Howard Stark was/is an agent of Mephisto. I wanna dedicate this thread to dishonourable shitty fathers in the Marvel Universe.

1. Brian Banner; Brian Banner is an alcoholic who abused both his son and wife. He was violent and liked tormenting his son and wife. He eventually killed his wife infront of his son. Basically, the worst father in marvel imho. Not only was Bruce abused as a kid but also later in life Brian came back to haunt him. The abuse that Bruce suffered was the main factor of his eventual transformation into the Hulk and DID.

2. Harold Barton; Another alcoholic, his abuse led to Clint losing his hearing (I could be wrong but I think it was because of the abuse) he would just abuse his kids daily. I don’t think we know if the mom was abused but I would assume.

3. Howard Stark; Alcoholic too, he abused Tony A LOT (I’m not so sure about physical abuse) but definitely emotional and psychological torment. Constantly shaming Tonys “masculinity”. Forcing a 7 years old Tony to drink bourbon. Controlled Tonys dating life. On top of that, he adopted Tony as a decoy to protect his biological son. AND tried selling Tony to Dracula AND is mephistos agent ( the last two could be a sham since it’s an ongoing plot but I included it)

4. Joseph Rogers; umm I don’t think we know much about him beside the fact he abused Steve and his mom all the time.

I’m missing tons of shitty fathers from Emma’s father to Carols’ father. I could include Odin but imo Odin deserves his own thread cuz he is a godly *******.

Clearly Marvel loves Fathers!
    I say Brian or Howard takes the cake but let’s discuss Fathers!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Logan. He killed his son.

Well, there is this guy. Flash's father too.
    amaz_512011_2.jpg

A lot of characters from X-books, like Glob Herman, have anti-mutant parents.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 10-26-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Yeah, the Spider family has some pretty terrible fathers. Honestly, first name that popped into my head was Eddie Brock's dad, Carl Brock.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

There are very few (if any) fathers in Marvel worst than Norman Osborn. The guy put down his kid his entire life, offered him nothing but conditional love, which ultimately led Harry to become a drug addict with dysfunctional relationships and supervillain. Talk about sending your kid on the wrong path. And this was a kid who could have became anything he dreamed to be as he was born rich.

Odin isn’t exactly father of the year either. Not saying he’s the worst, but he should be up there.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's kind of funny how your top five are all alcoholics...but it's also probably pretty realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Odin isn’t exactly father of the year either. Not saying he’s the worst, but he should be up there.
    Depends which version of Odin we're talking about.

BANNED

Brian Banner is not only one of the worst fathers in MU, he is one of the worst fathers in all of fiction, he abused Bruce since he was a toddler both mentally and physically, he tried to kill him, he did kill his mother right in front of him, he forced Bruce to lie in court just to save his behind, he got into a physical fight with him which ended up with Bruce killing him, he haunted Bruce as a ghost and tried to kill him multiple times, he literally worked with the Devil himself to trap Bruce in hell and have the devil devour his soul.... I don't think anyone in the MU(possibly in all of comics) tops that.

Astonishing Member

Considering his competition, he honestly shouldn't even be on this list. There are far worse than him. The same goes with Howard Stark (unless we're talking about Ultimate Howard Stark).

Depends which version of Odin we're talking about.
    From the Thor books I’ve read he’s a dick, but I can say I don’t know everything about Thor or Odin. Just going by all the stuff I’ve read.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Zeus

Justice's father

Brian Banner.

The Lizard actually ATE Billy Connors so...
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

From the Thor books I’ve read he’s a dick, but I can say I don’t know everything about Thor or Odin. Just going by all the stuff I’ve read.
    Definitely as of late he has not been depicted in the most positive of light in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    2. Harold Barton; Another alcoholic, his abuse led to Clint losing his hearing (I could be wrong but I think it was because of the abuse) he would just abuse his kids daily. I don’t think we know if the mom was abused but I would assume.

4. Joseph Rogers; umm I don’t think we know much about him beside the fact he abused Steve and his mom all the time.
    I really hate that retcon. He wasn't depicted like that before. Sure there wasn't much about him, but there was never abuse before that. He just worked hard and then died. But there needs to be more good fathers.

I'm pretty sure Clint losing his hearing to an arrow is still canon... unless they retconned something there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.