Mighty Member

Default comic book store

With so much happing this year with covert 19 and being unaployed,I was wondering how do you get your comics

My comics shop handled this pretty well so far. He did curb side pick up for a long time. Then reopened by appointment. ow he is open again but with limited people. When the lock down happened he could still go to his store he just couldnt have anyone go in there. So what he did was people looking for back issues or action figures etc.. he would go in. Pull the stuff and mail it out or if they were close he would drive it to them. he has done limited delivery in his town and areas near there for a bit for kids who couldnt get their parents to make it to the store, or for his regulars who just could not make it. I have used it because I do not drive. His brother did it for him one day a week and he charged a small fee. it really works out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Location of half a million people. No comic book store. A few shops carry Trade paperbacks. A friend gets digital. Sometimes I read a few of hers.

I'm a Wednesday Warrior at my LCS. They were closed for a few weeks due to state guidelines, but comics weren't being published. They're currently on more restricted hours with traffic arrows and customer count limits. But they are dealing with it quite well, considering.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My shop closed for a little bit (and opened a digital store), but now they're fully open. I think they offer curbside pickup if you want but you can also come in. It's rarely crowded enough to worry about occupancy limits and everyone wears masks.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

I've been having to preorder online, so end up paying a good bit more for each issue even factoring in the savings in gas. Back at the beginning of March, the store I had been going to closed, and the lockdowns started before I even had an opportunity to begin a relationship with a new shop.

MY LCS as a Click/Call and collect service so it is handy to get the comics and other stuff I need

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm a Wednesday Warrior at my LCS. They were closed for a few weeks due to state guidelines, but comics weren't being published. They're currently on more restricted hours with traffic arrows and customer count limits. But they are dealing with it quite well, considering.
    That is pretty much my story. The shop I go to is very small and never could fit a lot of customers at once anyway. As you say, there was nothing for them to sell for a while anyway. And stores in Indiana are still under the masks required policy.

Mighty Member

I went to my nearest comic shop for a few weeks, however that's an hour long journey via bus and train and I don't really have the energy to do it every week, especially as I usually work Wednesdays and there were times they didn't have my comics (I did take out a pull list with them, but still, no dice).
    So I decided to take out a subscription with them, meaning I'll be getting them all at the end of the month.
    This also works out cheaper for me in the long run as I'm able to knock off £1 per comic, meaning I can buy more.

And seeing as I live in the UK, I did it at the right time.