Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So much misinformation

It cannot be repeated enough but Warren immediately contacted Scott when Jean suddenly returned from the dead, Scott was deeply shocked to learn that the former love of his life, the woman he had seen sacrificing herself before his eyes, had returned so he wanted to at least make sure Jean was indeed back, Maddie refused to let him leave the house, under threat of leaving him, but Scott ended up going, he found that Jean was back , then he returned to Alaska but the house was empty and for sale, the phone line was cut, Maddie and the baby were missing Of course, Scott had no way of knowing that Maddie had been kidnapped by her creator, and Scott's nemesis, Mister Sinister

And in any case, how do you place Scott Summers, the guy who raised his son in the future (the only solution) and welcomed into his family with open arms anyone claiming to be his child from an alternate reality, among the worst fathers in the marvel universe is completely beyond my understanding
    But really how hard did Scott actual look for his son and Maddie? With all the resources he had he should have been able to find them easy if he actually tried. Plus if he actual did use all his resources and still couldn't find them then shouldn't that have told him something was very very wrong and that they were in trouble. I don't give credit for him raising Nate in the future because he basically stumbled into that ass backwards. He was not trying to find him he just found himself there so he kind of had to step up and take responsibility. Hell if Jean was not with him he probably would have done everything in his power to get back to her, and left Nate again. Make all the excuses you want and Marvel has tried over the years to make him not look so bad, but in the end Scott was a **** husband to both his wives and a **** father.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure Belasco is the worst father in Marvel. Poor Witchfire.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the heroes have bad daddies but Victor "I'll launch your house into space" von Doom had a nice dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ironic given what an ******* Victor himself is.
    Things went south when his father (who was the shaman/healer/leader of a small band of nomadic Roma) died after being forced to find a cure for the king's dying wife. When she died, Werner von Doom had to flee with young Victor into the mountains during the winter. He froze to death trying to keep Victor (who nearly died himself) warm. It was his father's death, more so than his mother's, that embitters a young Victor. Even then, the next path he took was making himself into a revolutionary and leading hit and run attacks against the monarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I imagine his parents had to spoil him a lot for him to develop that type of ego.
    Right, because impoverished Roma parents really had a lot of money to throw around. His mother was killed by a Latverian soldier when he was very young, perhaps no more than 5 years old. The stories are inconsistent. His father became a bit distant after his wife died according to the flashbacks in Triumph and Torment. He was too wrapped up in grief for his wife.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    But really how hard did Scott actual look for his son and Maddie? With all the resources he had he should have been able to find them easy if he actually tried. Plus if he actual did use all his resources and still couldn't find them then shouldn't that have told him something was very very wrong and that they were in trouble. I don't give credit for him raising Nate in the future because he basically stumbled into that ass backwards. He was not trying to find him he just found himself there so he kind of had to step up and take responsibility. Hell if Jean was not with him he probably would have done everything in his power to get back to her, and left Nate again. Make all the excuses you want and Marvel has tried over the years to make him not look so bad, but in the end Scott was a **** husband to both his wives and a **** father.
    Yeah, wrong. Cyclops couldn't know his son was with a supervillain he didn't know existed, or any of them would have an interest in him or Madelyne, and it's not like he had the resources of a Krakoa or even Utopia to do so.

And anyone that puts him as the worst dad in a MU that has BRIAN BANNER and NORMAN OSBORN is a troll, and that's not debatable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, wrong. Cyclops couldn't know his son was with a supervillain he didn't know existed, or any of them would have an interest in him or Madelyne, and it's not like he had the resources of a Krakoa or even Utopia to do so.

And anyone that puts him as the worst dad in a MU that has BRIAN BANNER and NORMAN OSBORN is a troll, and that's not debatable.
    Hard to argue with that. Scott was a lousy husband, but what ultimately happened with Nathan was not on him. Apocalypse and his horsemen took on X-Factor AND the Inhuman royal family. Its not like Scott decided to stop being a dad. It was let Nathan go or watch him die horribly.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Boom Boom, Boomer, Meltdown- whatever she's calling herself these days. Didn't her father molest her?

Edit: nevermind, I'm thinking of a Dreadstar character
    Boom Boom's father did beat the crap out of her when he found out she was a mutant, so I'd still put him on the list of bad fathers.

I'm not going to put Scott on the same level as Brian Banner and Norman Osborn (because he isn't). However, there really was no excuse for leaving his wife and kid a few months into parenthood. If Scott had exercised some patience, he could have seen Jean again when Maddie was in a better head space or just let the X-Men come and visit later on.

Brian Banner, easily. That was a real monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I remember they added bigotry to Iceman's dad after he was portrayed as a good guy in Bobby's origin story.
    Yeah, that was a real cheap shot in Scott Lobdell's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I love Jack Murdock very practical dad. In the current run i love the panels of him dropping off a young Matt at their parish and having the Pastor have a word with his son after Matt beat some kid for bullying other kids while he goes to fight for a living lol. He knew he had no leg to stand on telling his kid fighting is bad.
    Jack did smacked Matt one time for getting into a fight with some bullies which left him bloodied. Matt ran away from Jack as Jack was apologizing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So much misinformation

It cannot be repeated enough but Warren immediately contacted Scott when Jean suddenly returned from the dead, Scott was deeply shocked to learn that the former love of his life, the woman he had seen sacrificing herself before his eyes, had returned so he wanted to at least make sure Jean was indeed back, Maddie refused to let him leave the house, under threat of leaving him, but Scott ended up going, he found that Jean was back , then he returned to Alaska but the house was empty and for sale, the phone line was cut, Maddie and the baby were missing Of course, Scott had no way of knowing that Maddie had been kidnapped by her creator, and Scott's nemesis, Mister Sinister
    That's a flowery way of saying he put seeing his ex over sorting out his marriage and securing his family. You can use as many adjectives to make the action more sympathetic but the only people I feel sorry for in that situation is Madelyne and Nathan. Fact that Maddie refused and Scott still went for it just shows that in Scott's mind it's Jean>Family+Marriage.

Like I said he's the worst type of deadbeat dad, a homewrecker.

And in any case, how do you place Scott Summers, the guy who raised his son in the future (the only solution) and welcomed into his family with open arms anyone claiming to be his child from an alternate reality, among the worst fathers in the marvel universe is completely beyond my understanding
    The fact that Marvel had to make a time travel storyline and characterize Madelyne as a Devil worshipping villainess to make Scott seem like a good dad says a lot. I don't hate the character but Family man he is not.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I mean the first response in this thread was Logan. Why is Scott off-limits?

opinions = trolling lol?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Brian Banner gets my vote although Norman Osborn is nipping at his heels.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Brian Banner gets my vote although Norman Osborn is nipping at his heels.
    Indeed, and Brian Banner was a monster well before getting any sort of gamma-related, hell-spawned superpowers. The comics may vary on how bad Norman was as a person and a father before going Goblin, but given what he apparently spawned as of the current arc of ASM and its revelations . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Norman is nuts, but he wasn't the abusive negligent father others shown to be. He was unfair to Harry, but still liked him and took care of him, and he personally took care of the twins and nurtured their needs even though he did not admit being the father to use them to exact revenge on his nemesis.

Ultimate Norman Osborn deserve to be considered a terrible father, he kept pushing his son away and keeping his nose strict in his business, until he turned goblin , killed his wife, burnt his house, and terrified his son so much that he needed to be sent to relatives, and put through therapy once his father pretended he loved him to make him forget the tortured experience he had. Also, Norman pretended to be nice to his son just to trap Peter Parker and torment him.
    Then there is the thing that caused Harry to transform to a Goblin himself and then get killed.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage