Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Brian Banner, easily. That was a real monster.
    I’m going to go with him as well. I knew a little bit about him, but all the things he’s done to Bruce is sickening. No wonder Bruce has so many issues.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Norman is nuts, but he wasn't the abusive negligent father others shown to be. He was unfair to Harry, but still liked him and took care of him, and he personally took care of the twins and nurtured their needs even though he did not admit being the father to use them to exact revenge on his nemesis.
    Even as early as Romita he was still abusive, while not the violent kind, he ignored Harry his whole life and only gave him money, while Harry would rather he paid attention to him, which he only started to do after the whole Green Goblin **** started, ironically...

Ultimate Norman Osborn deserve to be considered a terrible father, he kept pushing his son away and keeping his nose strict in his business, until he turned goblin , killed his wife, burnt his house, and terrified his son so much that he needed to be sent to relatives, and put through therapy once his father pretended he loved him to make him forget the tortured experience he had. Also, Norman pretended to be nice to his son just to trap Peter Parker and torment him.
    Then there is the thing that caused Harry to transform to a Goblin himself and then get killed.
    Ultimate might be easy mode considering how so many characters are jerkasses at the nicest, and flanderizes a lot of characters' worst traits from 616 .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Jack did smacked Matt one time for getting into a fight with some bullies which left him bloodied. Matt ran away from Jack as Jack was apologizing to him.
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, that wasn't a thing until Miller retconned it in the Man without Fear in the early 90's. Most writers have since ignored that as did both the DD movie and Netflix series. Not saying Jack wasn't flawed, he was, but that was something that was never needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even as early as Romita he was still abusive, while not the violent kind, he ignored Harry his whole life and only gave him money, while Harry would rather he paid attention to him, which he only started to do after the whole Green Goblin **** started, ironically...
    I did say compared to others.

Ultimate might be easy mode considering how so many characters are jerkasses at the nicest, and flanderizes a lot of characters' worst traits from 616 .
    Spider-Man's corner is really tame compared to the rest of the world, most notably their version of the Avengers.

Speaking of Spider-Man and characters Peter David handled, let's talk about Miguel O'Hara; his stepdad was an abusive prick that kept looking down at his stepson and ridiculing him (I think that drunk also abused him physically, but I don't think he knew he wasn't his father). And Tyler Stone was the father of the bastard who kept annoying him at work, and then trapped him in the past after knowing he's Spider-Man's father, but I don't know if he forgot that part at that time.

Also.. Tyler flushed the ash of the one he was told was his son Kron without second hesitation, that was before it was revealed that Kron was alive and bonded with the Venom symbiote.

As for another future Spider-Man; let's head to the year 2211 and think of the guy who did not care for his daughter and was the cause that she chose to became the Goblin that pesters him. I get the feeling that he's worse than that as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, that wasn't a thing until Miller retconned it in the Man without Fear in the early 90's. Most writers have since ignored that as did both the DD movie and Netflix series. Not saying Jack wasn't flawed, he was, but that was something that was never needed.
    Everything in that book is made to be ignored, maybe with exception to Kingpin killing his former boss.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 10-28-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Everything in that book is made to be ignored, maybe with exception to Kingpin killing his former boss.
    Agreed, I think that MWOF is overrated especially compared to Miller's other work on Daredevil. To me that is when Miller was starting to lose it as a writer.

I mentioned on the Daredevil thread recently how I much prefer Daredevil: Yellow as a retelling of Matt's origin than MWOF and, unsurprisingly, I prefer the version of Jack in DD: Yellow as well.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Zheng Zu - Turned all his kids into spies and assassins to achieve his goal of world domination. Murdered his son Moving Shadow for refusing to kill his brother.

Reverend Craig - Wolfsbane's abusive bigot hypocrite father.

Mystique - Abandons her biological children Nightcrawler and Graydon Creed. Uses her adoptive daughter as a pawn in her Brotherhood schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Zheng Zu - Turned all his kids into spies and assassins to achieve his goal of world domination. Murdered his son Moving Shadow for refusing to kill his brother.

Reverend Craig - Wolfsbane's abusive bigot hypocrite father.

Mystique - Abandons her biological children Nightcrawler and Graydon Creed. Uses her adoptive daughter as a pawn in her Brotherhood schemes.
    Not disagreeing but this is about fathers not mothers.

Blackagar Boltagon
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Odin.Satan, Banner’s dad. Vance Astrovik’s dad and Hank Pym. We all see how Ultron turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Odin.Satan, Banner’s dad. Vance Astrovik’s dad and Hank Pym. We all see how Ultron turned out.
    Ultron isn't Hank's son.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ultron isn't Hank's son.
    My Mistake. I guess I missed their appearance on Maury.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    My Mistake. I guess I missed their appearance on Maury.
    Ultron wasn't what Pym wanted to be like, Ultron became evil on his own. The first thing he did was attack and mind wipe Hank and attempt to kill him ever since. There's this really strange meme in Marvel that Hank Pym created Ultron to be like he is, all it does is create misinformation and character assassinate Pym. Pym has his own demons he's responsible for, all he did was built him - he didn't make him evil. That's all on Ultron. It's like blaming whoever created Skynet at any time line.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 10-30-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Zheng Zhu
    Red Skull
    Brian Banner
    Norman Osborn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ultron wasn't what Pym wanted to be like, Ultron became evil on his own. The first thing he did was attack and mind wipe Hank and attempt to kill him ever since. There's this really strange meme in Marvel that Hank Pym created Ultron to be like he is, all it does is create misinformation and character assassinate Pym. Pym has his own demons he's responsible for, all he did was built him - he didn't make him evil. That's all on Ultron. It's like blaming whoever created Skynet at any time line.
    You May well be right. I was just mainly joking. Good for you sticking up for a character that you care about. I wish the people who made comic books did that.

Astonishing Member

Just skimming this thread, the general consensus seems to be that it is Brian Banner followed by Norman Osborn.

Wonder if we can arrive at a top three...