Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Mephisto is a pretty malicious father to blackheart and mephista

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It happens so often that it sounds like Marvel is saying someone can't be a decent person without having a life with so much suffering lol.

Plus cheap points to make someone look more likeable, even when the character absolutely doesn't deserve it, like Otto.
    Not necessarily likeable, but perhaps more sympathetic despite a history of otherwise unrepentant villainy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Vance Astoviks father was a closet gay and used to beat Vance. Until Vance murdered him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Vance Astoviks father was a closet gay and used to beat Vance. Until Vance murdered him.
    Killed him. There's a difference

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wait, when was this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Someone talked about that story in FF Appreciation thread. Some villain got one of Johnny's one-night stands pregnant with his kid. Then she realised a bunch of FF villains would come after the kid so she disappeared into the time stream with Reed's time machine.
    This annual

My familiarity with Major Victory's father comes from Marvel Two-In-One issue 69, and he was a good father in that issue. When did they change his personality so drastically?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Clint growing up in the circus with Barney and being trained by the Swordsman has got to be from early Avengers issues, probably the first appearances of both characters back in the 60s.

In Solo Avengers #2, in 1988, it was added that Harold Barton was an alcoholic, abusive, and that he and Edith died when he was driving drunk and got into an accident. There, Clint says that he and Barney lived in an orphanage until they ran away to the circus.

In Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye run (2012-2015), there was a new detail added, that Harold's abuse temporarily deafened Clint (and then apparently his hearing was healed until his mini with Mockingbird in 1983 when he used the sonic arrow to prevent Crossfire from mind controlling him through sound).
    Oh, so I was remembering the Solo bit, but somehow I linked it to fostering, not their actual parents. As usual, I end up mixing stuff (I guess it was more like late 80's than earlier 90's too).

Just in case. what I meant to say was that the flashbacks in Lemire's run were about the circus. He kind of retconned certain parts, too. Also, that the flashbacks about their dad were in Fraction's run.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Cyclops

left his wife and newborn baby to go chase a woman who looks exactly like the wife he just left.

He's the worst type of deadbeat dad, a homewrecker.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the heroes have bad daddies but Victor "I'll launch your house into space" von Doom had a nice dad.
    I imagine his parents had to spoil him a lot for him to develop that type of ego.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Their's a panel of him telling them to their faces their not real it was when he was all white and unemotional and **** but it exists, and after their ressurection he replaced them with Viv and Vin and is/was more invested in those 2 moreover, than he ever was with Tommy and Billy.
    Tommy and Billy had parents of their own and had no interest in him being their father. It's questionable if they even count as his children unless you think reincarnation is exactly the same as a resurrection. The lack of emotions wasn't his fault either.

Astonishing Member

Boom Boom, Boomer, Meltdown- whatever she's calling herself these days. Didn't her father molest her?

Edit: nevermind, I'm thinking of a Dreadstar character
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 10-27-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Killed him. There's a difference
    Yeah, it was an accident, but Vance felt horrible enough about it that he didn't fight his guilty verdict, although that might have had more to do with, "Just because I have powers which would make it tempting for me to ignore the law, doesn't give me the right to."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I never liked Quicksilver as a character, felt bad for poor Crystal for loving that guy. From Johnny to Pietro she made a couple of bad decisions when it comes to love.
    He didn't have the most flattering portrayal in the 90's but PAD fixed that to me. I mean yes he was still a jerk but he was a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Cyclops

left his wife and newborn baby to go chase a woman who looks exactly like the wife he just left.

He's the worst type of deadbeat dad, a homewrecker.
    So much misinformation

It cannot be repeated enough but Warren immediately contacted Scott when Jean suddenly returned from the dead, Scott was deeply shocked to learn that the former love of his life, the woman he had seen sacrificing herself before his eyes, had returned so he wanted to at least make sure Jean was indeed back, Maddie refused to let him leave the house, under threat of leaving him, but Scott ended up going, he found that Jean was back , then he returned to Alaska but the house was empty and for sale, the phone line was cut, Maddie and the baby were missing Of course, Scott had no way of knowing that Maddie had been kidnapped by her creator, and Scott's nemesis, Mister Sinister

And in any case, how do you place Scott Summers, the guy who raised his son in the future (the only solution) and welcomed into his family with open arms anyone claiming to be his child from an alternate reality, among the worst fathers in the marvel universe is completely beyond my understanding

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So much misinformation

It cannot be repeated enough but Warren immediately contacted Scott when Jean suddenly returned from the dead, Scott was deeply shocked to learn that the former love of his life, the woman he had seen sacrificing herself before his eyes, had returned so he wanted to at least make sure Jean was indeed back, Maddie refused to let him leave the house, under threat of leaving him, but Scott ended up going, he found that Jean was back , then he returned to Alaska but the house was empty and for sale, the phone line was cut, Maddie and the baby were missing Of course, Scott had no way of knowing that Maddie had been kidnapped by her creator, and Scott's nemesis, Mister Sinister

And in any case, how do you place Scott Summers, the guy who raised his son in the future (the only solution) and welcomed into his family with open arms anyone claiming to be his child from an alternate reality, among the worst fathers in the marvel universe is completely beyond my understanding
    Because he, like the other person that gave the same answer in this thread, is a hater, and haters aren't rational, smart, or have any common sense.

Anyway, the obvious answer is Brian Banner. I don't see how anyone could say otherwise either doesn't know much about him-or is a hater of some other character. Winston Frost has to be up there as well.

Astonishing Member

Its easer to name one of the 5 good dads