Default Anyone check out The Scumbag #1?

I have to admit, the cover art caught my eye, and along with the title, I was intrigued.

Did anyone else pick it up last week? Thoughts?

Default Thread moved

Moving this thread to the Image section!

Don't know a whole lot about this title to be honest, but the plan seems to be for every issue to feature a different artist. Remender's got a who's-who stable of talent lined up for the first year of issues. Here's the artists mentioned in the press release: Lewis LaRosa, Eric Powell, Tula Lotay, Marguerite Sauvage, Andrew Robinson, Wes Craig, Roland Boschi, Simone di Meo, Duncan Fregredo, Yanick Paquette, Mike McKone, Dave Johnson, Moreno Dinisio.

The premise doesn't really speak to me, but I might grab the Tula Lotay and Marguertie Sauvage issues just for the art.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member

It was an interesting premise - namely that through a freak accident the world now has to be saved not by a super-hero or even by an anti-hero but by a gross and totally worthless junkie bum - but I'm not sure that it's such an intriguing premise that I'm willing to follow many more issues that wallow in the title character's disgusting behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It was an interesting premise - namely that through a freak accident the world now has to be saved not by a super-hero or even by an anti-hero but by a gross and totally worthless junkie bum - but I'm not sure that it's such an intriguing premise that I'm willing to follow many more issues that wallow in the title character's disgusting behavior.
    It's like a twisted premise that would seem right out of EC comics creators.