Default The ORIGINAL "Original Old Man Logan"?

Article here.

Excerpt: "The original Old Man Logan originally appeared in a story by Mike Millar and has a fate very different from the second version of the character."

Wouldn't the original Old Man Logan be the one in the Uncanny X-Men issues #141–142, "Days of Future Past"?

That’s not Old Man Logan. That’s Days of Future Past Logan you’re thinking of. Different version. But the article does beg an interesting question around what happened to The Hooded Man (aka the original OML). I’m guessing when the multiverse collapsed at the beginning of Secret Wars his reality like all others ceased to exist. The question is whether or not Mr. Fantastic, when he rebuilt the multiverse, put it back or not. Maybe one day we’ll find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s not Old Man Logan. That’s Days of Future Past Logan you’re thinking of. ..
    Isn't that distinction without a true difference, however? In each case, you have Logan, he's an old man and he's living in a future dystopia.

Somewhat. But Old Man Logan is a distinct version of the character from a different dystopian future. So, yeah. DoFP Logan is an old man version of Logan. True. But he’s not as old and has only gray hair at the temples versus a full head of gray like OML has.

I literally just finished reading Uncanny X-Men #141, and it's fascinating to see a future without any of the characters created after 1980.

Astonishing Member

So old man logan wasent old man logan ?

He was... and he wasn’t. So the one we got during Secret Wars was basically pulled out of his timeline, and thus did not go on to become The Hooded Man running with the New Defenders as detailed in Mark Millar’s Fantastic Four run. This means that the minute he was pulled out, ultimately becoming stranded here in the reconstituted Marvel Prime (616) Universe, he became an alternative version to the original OML. Then he went back to the Wastelands and died, as detailed in the Dead Man Logan mini.

So... the question remains: What happened to the original OML timeline? It would have been destroyed by the incursions (universes colliding) which caused the Secret Wars event in the first place, and it’s not clear if it was put back when Reed Richards restored the multiverse at the end of that event. I guess it remains to be seen. I thought the Hooded Man was kind of cool, but OML has been done to death so I think they should just let that version of the character (or those versions plural) Rest In Peace. My personal opinion.

But the Hooded Man’s look was dope. I dug it.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-27-2020 at 08:36 AM.