Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

There was a time where I was more interested in it, but now I'm kind of off it. Still, I thought it would have been fun pre New 52 with them having a different twist on the World's Finest dynamic.
    I don't know if I'd ship them, but I wouldn't mind seeing more Kara and Dick having a story or two together. Not to mention Kara and Bruce, they really haven't interacted much over the years, though a bit more than Kara and Dick.

Mary Marvel & Captain Atom will always be my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Mary Marvel & Captain Atom will always be my favorite...

She's a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's a child.
    Oops! I meant no offense, Agent Z. Hopefully, my next three choices won't be too offensive...

1. Rita & J'onn

2. Dent & Montoya

3. Jason & Talia
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-27-2020 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Oops! I meant no offense, Agent Z. Hopefully, my next three choices won't be too offensive...

1. Rita & J'onn

2. Dent & Montoya

3. Jason & Talia
    Talia and Jason is... weird but at least the age difference isn't that wide. I'm surprised you put Dent and Montoya given that she's a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know if I'd ship them, but I wouldn't mind seeing more Kara and Dick having a story or two together. Not to mention Kara and Bruce, they really haven't interacted much over the years, though a bit more than Kara and Dick.
    I only really liked them pre-New 52. Since both characters had all this history in the DCU and it felt like they were growing as characters then. Dick growing into his role as Batman and Karen growing into a solo character. Plus the two were friends, but not super close friends were a romance would be awkward, and I also like how the two would have formed a new World's Finest. They kind of did something like that in the Justice League run with Dick and Supergirl, but it wasn't done that well.

Also at that time Dick didn't really have any kind of romance in years since Babs called off their engagement after that One Year Later story. So a new romance would have felt fresh for him. Now Dick gets these mostly worthless love interests in his solo every other arc, and the constant will they/won't they stuff with Babs is annoying as anything, so I've lost interests in romantic stories for him completely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Did Zatana and Dick ever happen?
    Not outside of YJ, in the comics Zatana is a childhood friend of Bruce so I doubt that it will ever be a thing. (YJ made imo pretty strange changes to the ages of some characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Talia and Jason is... weird but at least the age difference isn't that wide.
    You are aware that in pre flashpoint continuity Jason was supposed to be roughly the same age as Cassandra Cain? If Talia is arround the same age as Bruce, she is about 20 years older than him.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-27-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Not outside of YJ, in the comics Zatana is a childhood friend of Bruce so I doubt that it will ever be a thing. (YJ made imo pretty strange changes to the ages of some characters)
    When did that get put into canon? Pre-COIE, she's significantly younger than Superman and Batman. She seems early 20s when introduced and they were late 20s early 30s. So, not exactly peers during childhood.

You are aware that in pre flashpoint continuity Jason was supposed to be roughly the same age as Cassandra Cain? If Talia is arround the same age as Bruce, she is about 20 years older than him.
    Not sure. Talia is a studying medicine at the university of Cairo when introduced when Dick was 18/19. I've heard that she was intended to be 19 by her creator, but have not ever looked into that. So roughly Dick's age, so 7-8 years older than Jason. Though I admit, I've always though of her as 24-26 at that time. And, of course, she may have been given a different age later. Mind you, I do not in any sense ship them. I think any romantic/sexual aspect between them should be depicted as and overall negative and have their issues with Bruce all tied in.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-27-2020 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

superman and catwoman, it would be fun to see the good boy with a bad girl, also there has always been the nonsense of lois and bruce, to make clark jealous, the time has come for a little revenge. It would be a lot of fun to see selina arrive at the Daily Planet and lois' reaction.

I honestly can't think of one. I've only been into two in my time reading comics and I've gotten to read about both.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Hal Jordan and Starfire, getting together on some Star Trek like adventure in the Vegan Sector
    Alan Scott and Phantom Lady of All Star Squadron (back in the day I thought she was Jade and Obsidian's mother)
    Levitz era Lightning Lad and Dream Girl (Imra was too much of a nag and Nura was the mega flirt)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    When did that get put into canon?
    I think Paul Dini did it in Detective Comics #833 in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think Paul Dini did it in Detective Comics #833 in 2007.
    Thanks for the info.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hal Jordan and Lady Blackhawk having a fling.

James Robinson tainted that from every happening though...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Hal Jordan and Starfire, getting together on some Star Trek like adventure in the Vegan Sector
    Alan Scott and Phantom Lady of All Star Squadron (back in the day I thought she was Jade and Obsidian's mother)
    Levitz era Lightning Lad and Dream Girl (Imra was too much of a nag and Nura was the mega flirt)
    You weren't the only one

DPVA4uuVwAILZR8.jpg

Baby Brad Meltzer thought so too