Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default What's the Personality of Aquaman?

The portrayal of Aquaman is all over the place. Sometimes straight-laced, level headed guy, sometimes he's a savage warior, and sometimes, like in Justice League Deteoit, he's manipulative and adversarial?

He's outrageous.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Fair enough.

It depends which era or writer you're looking at, but I think at his heart he's a compassionate man of noble birth and noble leaning torn between two worlds he cherishes and who fights to protect and bring them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends which era or writer you're looking at, but I think at his heart he's a compassionate man of noble birth and noble leaning torn between two worlds he cherishes and who fights to protect and bring them together.
    I like he way you think.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is more or less how it is.

Now, full disclosure. I prefer the Silver Age characteriztion and if I were in charge of DC, Arthur would be the guy who stitll had that straightlaced, sincere persona. That ship sailed in '85 though.

For me, I like how Johns had him as a hot-headed guy that wasn't prone to anger, but had enough of a temper to get him in trouble alongside the requisite 'heavy is the head that wheres the crown' aspect that comes with his royal status.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He likes clean oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The portrayal of Aquaman is all over the place. Sometimes straight-laced, level headed guy, sometimes he's a savage warior, and sometimes, like in Justice League Deteoit, he's manipulative and adversarial?
    He is scrappy. As a ruler, he commands respect and is a capable leader. He thinks on his feet in combat and he is not one for trifles. I think HEAVEN'S LADDER is a great representation of his personality as is Aquaman volume 8. He is confident, assured, and no nonsense