Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Martian Manhunter hasn't really had a love interest since Ostrander's run when he was um...with that Princess from Saturn. Or that other Psychic woman from earlier in the run. Who I'd pair him with Im not sure, but it would be nice I suppose.
    MM definitely deserves some love.
    Thinking outside the box, I think MM wouldn't be confined to human ideas of gender and sexuality, which opens up new possibilities for relationships.
    Obsidian would be interesting for him if DC would use him.

Not sure if I call any of these dream couples but I found the following pairings interesting even if they weren't explored:

Barry Allen/Dinah Laurel Lance: This is due to Waid's JLA: Year One. I think there was some attraction between the two but Dinah didn't want to get in the way of him and Iris. Dinah being a JSA kid and Barry being a huge JSA nerd was endearing.

Pieter Cross/Dinah Laurel Lance: They dated for a bit in David S Goyer and Geoff Johns JSA book but she ditched him when Ollie Queen was resurrected and she was taken off the team to be shuffled into his book. It was another case of how a return to the classics cut short the ability of characters to move forward.

Pieter Cross/Power Girl: I prefer this pairing for the doc a bit more than the one between him and BC. Mostly because Peeg doesn't have that many notable love interests. Amanda Connor and Palmiotti hinted at this in their PG ongoing and also in the PG mini that Connor and Johns did. Though sometimes I wonder if the joke is that Peeg is paired with the one guy who will never fully see her assets or the fact that Cross is as blind to other people's attraction to him as he is physically blind.

Michael Holt/Power Girl: This is another pairing which I found interesting and the writers hinted but never went any where. I loved the pre-Nu 52 JSA comics where Peej and Mr Terrific worked together. I think they hooked up for a bit in Nu 52 but it just wasn't the same.

Sandy Hawkins/Dinah Laurel Lance: A very random pairing that's never been hinted before but I just thought it was interesting. I'm thinking of their incarnations in the 1999 JSA series. Dinah Drake being the daughter of Richard Drake and dating her father's younger partner/detective Larry Lance, would her daughter have the same tastes in Sandy since he has all the cool parts of a detective coupled with actual super powers?

Roy Harper/Grace Choi: I know they hooked up in Winnick's Titans but I always thought they were a good match for each other.

Roy Harper/Kendra Sanders: I thought this pairing had potential but was botched by editorial decisions. It was nice to see Kendra away from the resurrection bs and Roy branching away from the Titans. Its also one of the few bad boy/good girl pairings that kind of works.

Roy Harper/Dick Grayson: I'm straight but even I think these two characters get along too well. I wouldn't be shocked at all if DC published a comic where these two kissed.

Batman and Harley Quinn.

Joker would roast his ass back to the stone age.

They haven't met yet but I really like the idea of Duke Thomas and Naomi McDuffie being a thing one day (although Duke is currently seeing someone else).

Both are supposed to be a whole new generation of hero coming out of the Batman and Superman corners respectively; although, admittedly, Naomi's connection to Superman is far looser than Duke's to Batman. Iunno how many of yall seen Dear White People (the show) but I imagine Duke and Naomi to have a Reggie and Joelle type of couple vibe.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    MM definitely deserves some love.
    Thinking outside the box, I think MM wouldn't be confined to human ideas of gender and sexuality, which opens up new possibilities for relationships.
    Obsidian would be interesting for him if DC would use him.
    I agree with a more fluid portrayal for Martian Manhunter's sexuality; there isn't really a compelling biological or emotional argument for why he would fall under heteronormative human sexual practices. Obsidian could be an interesting match up for J'onn, I've thought J'onn and Constantine would make an interesting couple to because they are so drastically different.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I agree with a more fluid portrayal for Martian Manhunter's sexuality; there isn't really a compelling biological or emotional argument for why he would fall under heteronormative human sexual practices. Obsidian could be an interesting match up for J'onn, I've thought J'onn and Constantine would make an interesting couple to because they are so drastically different.
    J'onn and Constantine aren't a pairing I had thought of, but they are interesting in their contrasts.

Batman and Ivy. On equal terms in intelligence and complexity. Until the pandering arrived and suddenly she was jammed with Harley for no reason. Guess the 'boys' at DC just gotta see two women together. Also will give a shout out to Shondra Kinsolving, who Bats was going to marry without question or contrived history. She supposedly is recovering off panel (according to Alfred) is a doctor, and has mental powers.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    They haven't met yet but I really like the idea of Duke Thomas and Naomi McDuffie being a thing one day (although Duke is currently seeing someone else).

Both are supposed to be a whole new generation of hero coming out of the Batman and Superman corners respectively; although, admittedly, Naomi's connection to Superman is far looser than Duke's to Batman. Iunno how many of yall seen Dear White People (the show) but I imagine Duke and Naomi to have a Reggie and Joelle type of couple vibe.
    Wow why didn't I think of this. But yeah a shame Duke's already spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Oops! I meant no offense, Agent Z. Hopefully, my next three choices won't be too offensive...

1. Rita & J'onn

2. Dent & Montoya

3. Jason & Talia
    Rita and J'onn is a couple I never knew I want soo much to see happen

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Batman and Ivy. On equal terms in intelligence and complexity. Until the pandering arrived and suddenly she was jammed with Harley for no reason. Guess the 'boys' at DC just gotta see two women together. Also will give a shout out to Shondra Kinsolving, who Bats was going to marry without question or contrived history. She supposedly is recovering off panel (according to Alfred) is a doctor, and has mental powers.
    Y’all will really call any same sex couple pandering EVEN if it’s been hinted at since the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Y’all will really call any same sex couple pandering EVEN if it’s been hinted at since the 90s.
    The only problem I have with Poison Ivy, is that she is no longer a villain. Is impossible, apparently, for a female villain to remain a villain, eventually they all end up as anti-hero or misundertood victims.
    Ivy can be in a relationship with Harley and continue to be one of the bad guys, as Harley can have being abused by the Joker and still be a psychotic killer.

Soon it will come to a point when Giganta is evil because she was bullied for being too tall.

The only one i can think....Doctor Midnight (Pieter Cross) and Power Girl, i could see some interesting potential to the idea, even then is not like i am a big shipper thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They almost had a thing in a special a few years back, plus the pairing wouldn't even contradict much of anything for either of them.

That way, you get the humor, hardcore violence, and if Harley gets Lobo's word on him never hurting her, well, its a match made in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They almost had a thing in a special a few years back, plus the pairing wouldn't even contradict much of anything for either of them.

That way, you get the humor, hardcore violence, and if Harley gets Lobo's word on him never hurting her, well, its a match made in chaos.
    honestly, I'd be super down to see a book following Lobo and Harley Quinn having adventures as a couple. it almost makes too much sense.

currently following:

Captain Atom and Power Girl

Fire and Ice

Enchantress and Nightmaster

Nightshade and Ragman

Steve Trevor and Zinda Blake
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-31-2020 at 09:37 PM.