So... I was rereading Detective Comics #27 and it led to the vat of acid which reminds me of ACE and its recurring role as one of Gotham City iconic place...

Considering how many times it's been used for criminal operations, usually Joker or Scarecrow, not to mention the pollution, they always drop their waste to the Gotham river, it's a wonder that Bruce hasn't bought the building and bulldoze it yet.

That makes me wonder, who owns Ace Chemicals? Is it still in operation? In Arkham Knight yes, but in comics it seems abandoned.

Apparently in DCU Online it used to be Kane Chemicals, I don't know if it's the case in the comics, until someone buy it and turn it to ACE. Who?

There are a lot of rich people in Gotham besides The Waynes though. The Powers, any unnamed member of The Court, The Penguin, The Organized Crime Families... One or more of them should be rich, evil, or uncaring enough to prevent Bruce buying it and make a better Gotham... or maybe he just hasn't got to it yet since there's way too many problems in Gotham

(While I'm at it, Joker's other recurring base, Amusement Mile, was bought by Dick Grayson in New 52 with all his savings, but after Death of The Family it's been abandoned again)