Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Revamp a Wonder Woman Ally

An Amazon? A sidekick? A powerless but helpful civilian? Try out a new take for any WW supporting character that strikes your fancy (so long as it's not a villain, we have a different thread for them )!

Donna Troy - Her backstory is mostly the same as her original one. An orphaned girl rescued by Diana and adopted by Hippolyta. The major difference is she's from the Philippines not the U.S. Donna's training in the Amazon combat methods grants her super strength, speed, agility, stamina and durability. She also undergoes training in deadly Amazon assassination techniques taught to her by Myrina Black whom she later defeats due to her treachery. She fights with a staff and chakram-like weapon.

Nubia - Created by Philippus and a childhood friend of Diana's. She was lost and presumed dead in a war with demons from another realm but in reality was captured as a prisoner of war and brainwashed against her people. She is freed from evil by Diana and Donna and now has to reintegrate into a new Themyscira while dealing with PTSD. Nubia has Amazon enhancement fight training and uses magic. She has a sword that can transform into a sword, spear or magic staff.

Artemis - Renamed Anipe. She is a member of the Bana and a sort of magic knight like Nubia. She starts out as Diana's rival, then her friend and ultimately her girlfriend. She is strong and fast (very fast), fights with two sickles and can use a number of spells such as creating magic daggers and mystical bow.

Akila - An Amazon who studies both science and magic.

Mala - A pacifist and a doctor.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-27-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Donna - Mostly original origin, young girl rescued from a fire early in Diana's career. Only difference I'd make it she has as some unknown Titan parentage which is where her powers come from and is why Diana takes her to be raised on Themyscira.

Cassie - Is another daughter of Julia Kapatelis, younger sister to Vanessa. Gets her powers from magical artifacts and then later Ares.

Lyta - Still a child of Ares and Circe, taken in by the Amazons and takes the "Fury" mantle.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-27-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Jason - he's an after effect of the Lies. After his true nature is revealed he's erased from existence along with everyone's memories of him.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 10-27-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Kal has Perry White as his constant human professional boss.

Bruce has Jim Gordon as his constant professional liaison.

Diana has ... Etta Candy? Julia Kapatelis? Someone else?
    She needs that constant (platonic) human professional around her, IMO.

Edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-27-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Phil Darnell?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Myndi Mayer could maybe fill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Myndi Mayer could maybe fill that role.
    Has she been used in the Wonderverse since her post-COIE exit?

I'd like it if they reimagined the Circle as Diana's amazon companions in Man's World. We've had tons of stories where Diana leaves Themyscira to save humanity, but what if Hippolyta sent a quartet of amazons to help her? For my choices, I'd put the amazons from the Challenge of the Amazons board game: Nubia, Artemis, and Mala, but instead of Philippus (who should stay with the queen), I'd prefer Euboea.

It would give Diana her own little team, and how cool would it be to see a superhero team of amazon badasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd like it if they reimagined the Circle as Diana's amazon companions in Man's World. We've had tons of stories where Diana leaves Themyscira to save humanity, but what if Hippolyta sent a quartet of amazons to help her? For my choices, I'd put the amazons from the Challenge of the Amazons board game: Nubia, Artemis, and Mala, but instead of Philippus (who should stay with the queen), I'd prefer Euboea.

It would give Diana her own little team, and how cool would it be to see a superhero team of amazon badasses?
    I'd do the same but use Nubia, Euboea, Artemis, Akila and Donna.

General Darnell - Head of Argus that deals with primarily magic/myth-based threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd do the same but use Nubia, Euboea, Artemis, Akila and Donna.
    You sure like Akila, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    General Darnell - Head of Argus that deals with primarily magic/myth-based threats.
    Why they haven't done this already is beyond me. It'd be a perfect way to incorporate this classic supporting character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This setup reminds me a bit of Sailor Moon and the four Inner Soldiers. Wouldn't be a bad influence

Why they haven't done this already is beyond me. It'd be a perfect way to incorporate this classic supporting character.
    Between General Hillary, Matthew Michaelis, Sarge Steeel and Sasha, I really don't get why they don't cut the crap and just bring Darnell back.
    Even Amanda Waller has filled his old spot as Steve's boss!

Yeah, no shortage of fictional alphabet soup government agencies in DC and Diana’s never been too far from military/espionage organizations so always thought he could have just been plopped into any one of them.

Actually thought Post-Crisis aged up-Steve seemed to be heading towards that role in Simone’s run during the DMA days.