Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Etta- A voluptous beautiful fashionista, social media influencer, and heir to the Candy family fortune, (think a cross between Lizzo and Etta from LoWW) she is introduced to Diana following her initial fight with Ares. With no one to turn to Steve sends Diana to stay with his army buddy Marcus "Mint" Candys family. Steve grew up with the Candys who lived close by to Trevor Ranch (outside Houston) and knows Etta will be the perfect person to help Diana acclimate to US modern culture. Etta is Dianas first girl friend in mans world and she convinces Diana to join the Holiday Girls sorority and attend Holiday College. Etta eventually also becomes Dianas closest confidant and bankrolls a lot of Dianas expenses early on. Holiday College is where Diana meets Barbara Minerva, rival Veronica Cale, and professors Dr. Edgar Cizko and Dr. Isabel Maru (who also works for Cale Industries). The holiday girls serve their original function as back up for Wonder Woman. They are all trained and named honorary amazons by the princess herself.

Donna- Donna is a work in progress in my mind but I see her as a combination of all of her origins. She is the Diana of earth-x. Hippolyte Troy lead the Nazi team of occult artifacts collections. In her hunt she found a figure of an ancient Goddess, Rhea. When she touched it the figure began to speak to her and told her that she was chosen to lead a nation that would attempt to reclaim the earth for the forces of good. The figure told her where to find objects of power and with time Hippolyte leads an army and reclaims the US and becomes president. as a reward Hippolyte (who could not have children) was given a baby destined to become a great hero and blessed with powers by Rhea herself. Donna has a normal life for the child of a politician until the US is attacked by Dark Angel and Helena dies fighting. Donna (who is 11) goes to a "magic mirror" her mother used to talk to. She begs for help, the white house is on fire and everyone is dead. With a flash of light a figure emerges from the mirror, as her eyes adjust she sees a warrior woman, dressed in all purple who looks just like her mother. The woman proclaims she is Hippolyta, queen of the amazons and that she is here to save her. They grab as much of Donnas belongings(some mystical artifacts come along including a glowing rope) as possible and return to Themyscira. Donna is hailed as the newest princess in Dianas absence but longs for the normal life she left behind. Eventually Diana will return to Themyscira only to find a new princess who she will bring back to the US and name Wonder Girl. As much as Donna becomes to love her new life and friends she still longs to return to her earth to confront dark angel and end her reign of terror.

Kapetelis/Sandsmark family- The Kapetelis family would get a complete revamp. Julia is the dean of Anthropology at Holiday college and is the granddaughter of silver haired Amazon Pythia who left Themyscira to find a life in the outside world . She has two daughters, Helena and Vanessa. Helena is a widow (she believes her husband is dead but secretly he is Hercules maybe) and she is the curator at the Gateway City Historical Museum. Her daughter is Cassie who will be wonder girl #2 and neice to Diana. Dianas relationship with niece Cassie becomes the driving force behind her jealousy and transformation into silver swan.

I feel weird sharing all of these ideas as I've had them for a long time. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You sure like Akila, huh?
    Yeah I guess I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMan View Post
    Etta- A voluptous beautiful fashionista, social media influencer, and heir to the Candy family fortune, (think a cross between Lizzo and Etta from LoWW) she is introduced to Diana following her initial fight with Ares. With no one to turn to Steve sends Diana to stay with his army buddy Marcus "Mint" Candys family. Steve grew up with the Candys who lived close by to Trevor Ranch (outside Houston) and knows Etta will be the perfect person to help Diana acclimate to US modern culture. Etta is Dianas first girl friend in mans world and she convinces Diana to join the Holiday Girls sorority and attend Holiday College. Etta eventually also becomes Dianas closest confidant and bankrolls a lot of Dianas expenses early on. Holiday College is where Diana meets Barbara Minerva, rival Veronica Cale, and professors Dr. Edgar Cizko and Dr. Isabel Maru (who also works for Cale Industries). The holiday girls serve their original function as back up for Wonder Woman. They are all trained and named honorary amazons by the princess herself.

Donna- Donna is a work in progress in my mind but I see her as a combination of all of her origins. She is the Diana of earth-x. Hippolyte Troy lead the Nazi team of occult artifacts collections. In her hunt she found a figure of an ancient Goddess, Rhea. When she touched it the figure began to speak to her and told her that she was chosen to lead a nation that would attempt to reclaim the earth for the forces of good. The figure told her where to find objects of power and with time Hippolyte leads an army and reclaims the US and becomes president. as a reward Hippolyte (who could not have children) was given a baby destined to become a great hero and blessed with powers by Rhea herself. Donna has a normal life for the child of a politician until the US is attacked by Dark Angel and Helena dies fighting. Donna (who is 11) goes to a "magic mirror" her mother used to talk to. She begs for help, the white house is on fire and everyone is dead. With a flash of light a figure emerges from the mirror, as her eyes adjust she sees a warrior woman, dressed in all purple who looks just like her mother. The woman proclaims she is Hippolyta, queen of the amazons and that she is here to save her. They grab as much of Donnas belongings(some mystical artifacts come along including a glowing rope) as possible and return to Themyscira. Donna is hailed as the newest princess in Dianas absence but longs for the normal life she left behind. Eventually Diana will return to Themyscira only to find a new princess who she will bring back to the US and name Wonder Girl. As much as Donna becomes to love her new life and friends she still longs to return to her earth to confront dark angel and end her reign of terror.

Kapetelis/Sandsmark family- The Kapetelis family would get a complete revamp. Julia is the dean of Anthropology at Holiday college and is the granddaughter of silver haired Amazon Pythia who left Themyscira to find a life in the outside world . She has two daughters, Helena and Vanessa. Helena is a widow (she believes her husband is dead but secretly he is Hercules maybe) and she is the curator at the Gateway City Historical Museum. Her daughter is Cassie who will be wonder girl #2 and neice to Diana. Dianas relationship with niece Cassie becomes the driving force behind her jealousy and transformation into silver swan.

I like your ideas for Etta especially.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Vanessa Kapatellis - Vanessa joins the Star Riders, a team of mystical enforcers from another dimension, as Dark Swan.

Artemis - Artemis is more of a huntress who mostly uses a magic bow and arrow compared to Diana who is a warrior who uses close-ranged weaponry, and she use her intutive hunting skills to find and catch her targets. She has exceptional expertise in the occult where she uses magic to sense and fight demons and use her magic for various uses.

Donna Troy's origin is similar to what Marv Wolfman gave her. She was an orphan who was rescued by Wonder Woman and was brought to Paradise Island. Instead of her powers coming from the Olympians, it will be from the Titans, she has the memory of Mnemosyne, the beauty of Selene, the light of Asteria, the instinct of Lelantos and the creativity of Prometheus.

Euobea - An Amazon sorceress specializing in thread magic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMan View Post

Like the idea of combining the Kapetelis and Sandsmark families, I've had a similar one. Could work if Diana's been an active hero for decades.

The WW comic has taken, at least, two major attempts - Achilles and Jason - to revamp the Olympian into something useful.

I would make one final attempt, using Prince Hippolytos [See my avatar.], General Antiope's son, as Diana's official brother-figure superhero. This Olympian, like his predecessor, would be the protector of Greece, and, like his cousin Donna Troy, ..he would be a vital member of a superhero team - his, the Global Guardians, based in Europe. He would spend most of his panel-time in other books, but drop by the WW title enough for WW writers to maintain control of how and where he is used.

Furthermore, I think that his blood connection to Diana, being her first cousin, would position him close enough to the Amazon Royal Family to stay in circulation, ..while being sufficiently distant enough not to threaten fans, who worry for Diana's being outshined by a male companion. basically, he would be the WW comic's answer to Huntress or Power Girl.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-03-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The WW comic has taken, at least, two major attempts - Achilles and Jason - to revamp the Olympian into something useful.

I would make one final attempt, using Prince Hippolytos [See my avatar.], General Antiope's son...basically, he would be the WW comic's answer to Huntress or Power Girl.
    I would also revamp Diana's Army, from the New 52...

Diana is accompanied on her adventures by any of five regular characters, an order of warriors, ..sworn on the Golden Lasso, to protect all mankind. All highly accomplished individuals, in their own right, Diana calls them in, as she needs them.

Etta Candy - Diana's scrappy, reckless best mortal friend; ex-military sharpshooter and girl-crazy rancher; comic bane of Mala's existence; member of large, quirky rancher family, the Candys

Steve Trevor - Diana's quirky, flirtatious companion; cargo pilot, ex-Naval intelligence officer and expert h2h combatant; estranged son of sinister Randolph family, plotting to control him, destroy WW and rule the world

Mala the Reformer - disciplined and optimistic; Diana's best Amazon friend, historian and scholar on occult matters; lord chamberlain of Diana's home/arsenal/command center; Etta's comic nemesis

General Phil Darnell - gruff, paternal archetype friend of Diana's and Steve's; commander of ARGUS counterintelligence unit; Steve's former CO in the Navy; with late wife, Donna Troy's adoptive father

Desira Campion (NEW character) - half-Venusian, covert ARGUS agent, under Darnell; Diana's arrogant, Southern belle pal, haunted by her Venusian Queen mother's rejection of her; Steve's ex-GF and rival for his affections; Venusian superhuman agility makes her a superior h2h combatant and markswoman; billionaire Harold Campion's twin sister; nuisance to everybody (especially, Etta)

Anybody think Desira's Venusian background and butterfly wings make her a bridge too far, for most readers and writers, who just didn't know what in hades to do with her? She's basically a slightly more mean-spirited Suzanne Sugarbaker, ..who can fight and shoot! That could work, in a story with Diana, Etta, Mala or Artemis - could be funny, too.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-05-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Harold Champion - The clone of Hercules who helps Diana defeat his creators and in return she helps him find his place in the world of mortals and gods.

I think Harold Campion, without Hercules attached, would be a great semi-regular in the comic. Like an Indiana Jones sort...

Extraordinary Member

I think it'd be neat to revamp the Holiday Girls and combine them with the Wonder Girls.

Basically bring the characters back, change their name to the Wonder Girls, and add Donna and Cassie to their ranks.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The Holiday girls. A group of young women from the archeological club at the local college that wonderwoman befriends on one of her adventures. They have access to all manor of ancient relics and go on a bunch of adventures both with and separate from Diana. Think a group of ethnically diverse Laura Crofts with magical items at their disposal.

I'd make Hera one of the patrons of Themyscira and probably largely ditch her role as antagonistic god (at least no more than the other Goddesses).

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

I would make one final attempt, using Prince Hippolytos [See my avatar.], General Antiope's son, as Diana's official brother-figure superhero. This Olympian, like his predecessor, would be the protector of Greece, and, like his cousin Donna Troy, ..he would be a vital member of a superhero team - his, the Global Guardians, based in Europe. He would spend most of his panel-time in other books, but drop by the WW title enough for WW writers to maintain control of how and where he is used.

Furthermore, I think that his blood connection to Diana, being her first cousin, would position him close enough to the Amazon Royal Family to stay in circulation, ..while being sufficiently distant enough not to threaten fans, who worry for Diana's being outshined by a male companion. basically, he would be the WW comic's answer to Huntress or Power Girl.
    That I could get behind. Jason was botched. And Achilles, er, yeah. But this would be interesting in its own right.