Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Artemis - Artemis is more of a huntress who mostly uses a magic bow and arrow compared to Diana who is a warrior who uses close-ranged weaponry, and she use her intutive hunting skills to find and catch her targets. She has exceptional expertise in the occult where she uses magic to sense and fight demons and use her magic for various uses.

Donna Troy's origin is similar to what Marv Wolfman gave her. She was an orphan who was rescued by Wonder Woman and was brought to Paradise Island. Instead of her powers coming from the Olympians, it will be from the Titans, she has the memory of Mnemosyne, the beauty of Selene, the light of Asteria, the instinct of Lelantos and the creativity of Prometheus.
    Aw, no more Artemis with her oversized and magical axe Mistress?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd make Hera one of the patrons of Themyscira and probably largely ditch her role as antagonistic god (at least no more than the other Goddesses).
    She's been more ally than antagonist for most of her WW history anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Aw, no more Artemis with her oversized and magical axe Mistress?
    Haven’t read any of Red Hood but yeah, even though she’s named Artemis I kind of thought an axe is a bit more fitting of Artemis’ personality than a bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's been more ally than antagonist for most of her WW history anyway.
    Fair enough, thinking on it I think Azzarello is where she only took on an active antagonistic role aside from Elseworlds stuff. Think a change I’d make is swap out Hermes with Hera from Perez version of the origin.

My revamp sees Prince Virbius, ..magically created from a fire, on Thalarion isle, by King Theseus. Trained by the legendary heroes of classical Greece and other cultures, in martial arts and all disciplines, young Virbius, grows to manhood on Thalarion.

When by tournament, he has proven himself equal to the greatest of these heroes, Theseus reveals to Virbius that he is a reincarnation of his lost son, Hippolytos, whom he murdered him for a crime, he didn't commit, ..and Virbius forgives him. Armed with mystical weapons, inherited from his mother, the Amazon Queen Antiope, Virbius travels to ancient Rome, in time to rescue a Roman noblewoman, Antonia, and her disabled son, from a sinking ship. There, using his powers for good, he often finds himself a reluctant champion of the Roman Empire, ..against which wild, demonic beings, conspire to destroy the slow, brutal infancy of civilization. Called the Olympian (the original), he makes his home in forested Latium and enjoys life, as Antonia's lover and the mentor of her son, Claudius.

Over a life-long friendship, Virbius sees Claudius become one of Rome's greatest emperors, before he is murdered by his wife. Saddened by Antonia's and Claudius's deaths, he retires to Thalarion and doesn't return to Man's World, until modern times.

I would quit clowning around and use Prince Hippolytos, as the Olympian, since classical literature already puts him, in the Amazon royal family.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-11-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd make Hera one of the patrons of Themyscira and probably largely ditch her role as antagonistic god (at least no more than the other Goddesses).
    This, plus I'd make Hera a brown-eyed brunette. Homer calls her "ox-eyed Hera," and oxen have big brown eyes.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan