Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, there's really just issues 5, 9 (Zod and Clark's visions of possible futures), and 17 (Clark and Kara visit House Zod as they build New Krypton) of Superman so far. Batman/Superman didn't really have too much to do with New Krypton itself.

I really want to get to know New Krypton in a similar way to how much I want to get to know Krakoa. There's a very similar "melting pot of iconography" feel to it. Old foes now even become friends and family. Noticed that the Els now have a Doomsday in the family. And it's just an overall beautiful utopian feel.
    Much appreciated. I will check them out.

This issue was outstanding. A near perfect juggling act of multiple character and new and old plot lines.

It read like an anthology shown on like HBO or something. Like Game of Thrones. And that's maybe the perfect way to write Legion now that I think about it. I image issues 8 and 9 kind of helped Bendis get more into the mood of bouncing around like that, and making the most of 1 or 2 pages per character and storyline while working towards a greater story.

Jon and Saturn Girl are awesome. I continue to absolutely love Mon-El's. The twist with Zod (I'm guessing maybe Lor-Zod, in which case, wow, Bendis low-key worked in a version of "Chris" into the Kent family after all!). New Krypton has a very Karakoa-ish vibe to it with its melting pot of Superman iconography (down to even a Doomsday(!) being part of the family). Can't wait to learn more about all of this.

Man, Rogol Zaar looks waaaaaaay Better now. Full on Darth Vader with a more simplified look works for him. After all this time, I still hope he's Jor-El's other son (lol) to make this a true family thing.
    I was wondering if that was General Zod or Lor-Zod! Hope you’re right about it being Chris, that would be a nice redemption for the boy.

Issue was gorgeous as always. Sook is so damn good. Very curious to see how things pick up and I may follow this more closely now.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was really enjoying this issue, but the cliffhanger fell flat for me due to my complete indifference to that particular character. Bless his heart, Bendis keeps trying to make that guy work. Maybe the third time's the charm...

Well, New Krypton's just crazy !

Also, how old is Mon-El if he has three kis already ? Are Kryptonians encouraged to breed liek crazy once they hit puberty ? It would make sense, considering how few of them they were at some point. And who is that blue guy ? An OMAC Kryptonian ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, New Krypton's just crazy !

Also, how old is Mon-El if he has three kis already ? Are Kryptonians encouraged to breed liek crazy once they hit puberty ? It would make sense, considering how few of them they were at some point. And who is that blue guy ? An OMAC Kryptonian ?
    Yeah, near extinction will do that to a people.

Maybe they’ve got the Kryptonian equivalent of “Make More Mutants” as well, hah!

Well, from what I understand, Lor-Zod is Krypton's leader, and has been for 1000 years, so they're quite respected. And Mon's daughter Laraz does have a Z in her name, so she's likely named in homage to both El and Zod (Lara pus Z)? And it's possible that Lor has looked up to Jon ever since he watched him found the United Planets and allow New Krypton to even be? Lor was around 10 or 13 when that happened while Jon was 17.
    It also seems he named his other kids after the other Superboy - Conner - and Lois Lane.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I wonder how long kryptonians can live in this context. Lor zod looks old. Also, isn't mon el basically same age as jon. Its crazy he has three daughters. I wonder if clark, jon, lois... Etc died.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder how long kryptonians can live in this context. Lor zod looks old. Also, isn't mon el basically same age as jon. Its crazy he has three daughters. I wonder if clark, jon, lois... Etc died.
    Lois, more than likely. Clark could be soloing it across the universe, never settling in one particular place while Jon focuses on earth, similarly to Future State.

Edit: Scratch that, if Lor-Zod looks this old, it's possible Clark is also dead, if not more ancient looking than this Zod. Jon should be the same age unless his human part of his DNA denies him long extended life.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 10-28-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Lois, more than likely. Clark could be soloing it across the universe, never settling in one particular place while Jon focuses on earth, similarly to Future State.

Edit: Scratch that, if Lor-Zod looks this old, it's possible Clark is also dead, if not more ancient looking than this Zod. Jon should be the same age unless his human part of his DNA denies him long extended life.
    Silverage had more strict time travel rules. Didn't it? Superman couldn't go back to a time where he was physically present, be physically tangible or something of the sort.If that still applies jon might have passed on. In supersons future, jon and damian where telling the stories to their grandkids about their mishaps and adventures.It was implied that superfamily and batfamily became one big family.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure Bendis is using that part of the Super Sons history here, if Mon-el is a descendant of both El and Zod houses.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm not sure Bendis is using that part of the Super Sons history here, if Mon-el is a descendant of both El and Zod houses.
    That could still happen. I mean, the time gap is huge for house if zod and el to merge. But, i don't think bendis is using anything from supersons or tomasi's run in general. But, then again the whole damian turning out villain thing is from tomasi's run.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Feels like they are using the El/Zod idea that the Krypton show did

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Silverage had more strict time travel rules. Didn't it? Superman couldn't go back to a time where he was physically present, be physically tangible or something of the sort.If that still applies jon might have passed on. In supersons future, jon and damian where telling the stories to their grandkids about their mishaps and adventures.It was implied that superfamily and batfamily became one big family.
    Why would Silver Age rules apply to anything after Crisis of Infinity Earths?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Feels like they are using the El/Zod idea that the Krypton show did
    Reminds me more of the Pre-FP New Krypton arc where Kal and Zod were forced to work together. Zod’s personality and motives under Bendis have been very similar to that incarnation.