Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I rest my case. This is all based on head canon. You're entitled to it but don't pretend it's gospel.
    He asked a hypothetical question regarding red tornado. What am supposed to do other than profess my head canon/opinion ?

Finally, no mate! Superman was beating machines at their own game from the get go. If you don't see the same theme of the folk hero like john henry in superman,then you don't . The things i mentioned are from comics. I did split the red tornado part. Haven't i?

Just because you seem to not get or want to ignore every context.Does'nt make it my head canon. There are hundreds of versions of superman.But,there is only one true blue superman. That's siegel and shuster's superman. Everything else is adaptations, even postcrisis one. People can do whatever they want with superman. Make him space jesus, a king, a knight, farmboy ... Etc. Superman isn't a character anymore. He can mean anything and nothing. He is an archetype. I am going to put my opinion regarding what i felt during reading original superman comics, when he was an actual character. Where he was actually a gladiator for truth and justice.I am not the one declaring superman is this or that. New52 had superman wear a armour. Donner made superman ice fortress his space mommy and daddy made(yuck!!!!) . Snyder had superman wear space suit, instead of strongman suit. I didn't mind any of these. That's their prerogative. The character is under company's ownership, much to my chagrin. I believe, the creators should have had the rights to the character.The original superman was meant to say.
    "Man can be competent enough to fix his own problems with his own two hands.Dare i say, be better than the tools he created".
    Modern superman is basically a guy that can't function without the sun, lois, ma, pa, space father, space mother.... Etc. The character is pathetic, most of the time useless, safe and actually says nothing of worth. He wouldn't be able to compete with the machines, regardless. He cannot even beat a man in tincan suit.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2020 at 11:08 PM.