Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Other DC Heroes You'd Like to See Wonder Woman Interact With More

Kind of inspired by Agent Z's thread but Wonder Woman's most notable connections with characters outside of her own world are Batman and Superman due to the Trinity but what characters would you like to see Diana interact with on a one-and-one team up situation rather just say being on the same team like Justice League or the Justice League Dark? Not talking romance really either, just where you think there'd be some interesting story/character potential

To give an answer myself. I think any of the Green Lanterns could be be interesting (I'd probably pick either Hal or Jessica) since they both occupy fairly separate portions of the DC universe that could be neat to see be mixed up, maybe even be a chance to bring back Diana's old Golden Age/Pre-Crisis space-based enemies.

For an interesting Elseworlds, an Amazon becoming a Green Lantern might be fun. I would say for the main universe, but so many Earth Green Lanterns already. I can already hear the complaining. Although maybe an Amazon gets a not Green ring instead.

Superman deals with the Legion of Super Heroes, but has Wonder Woman?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The Hawks, particularly the archeologists version. I always found it weird that there was never any interaction between Carter Hall and Barbara Minerva.

Captain Atom - Both are heroic soldiers.

Shadowpact - I'd have liked to see her interactions with the original team especially Nightmaster, Enchantress and Nightshade.

Amethyst - I recall my had a Wonder Woman poster in her room.

Power Girl and Atlee
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-28-2020 at 03:06 AM.

More interaction between Mera and Diana would be nice. They both come from hidden societies (albeit Xebel was an oppressive place), are royals, and have struggled to find their place in the world.

Black Canary and Diana are two characters that have worked well together in earlier stories, and complement each other from both a drama and an action stance.

The characters associated with both the Red and the Green, and here I'm particularly thinking of Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy (who is a Demeter analogue), Vixen, and Animal Man.

Tynion and Ram has already done a lot with Zatanna and Diana in the current JLD, and I hope future writers can come back to that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    For an interesting Elseworlds, an Amazon becoming a Green Lantern might be fun. I would say for the main universe, but so many Earth Green Lanterns already. I can already hear the complaining. Although maybe an Amazon gets a not Green ring instead.

Superman deals with the Legion of Super Heroes, but has Wonder Woman?
    Could make an interesting an Elseworld pitch, where Abin Sur is the one who crashes on Themyscira instead of Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Black Canary and Diana are two characters that have worked well together in earlier stories, and complement each other from both a drama and an action stance.

The characters associated with both the Red and the Green, and here I'm particularly thinking of Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy (who is a Demeter analogue), Vixen, and Animal Man.

Tynion and Ram has already done a lot with Zatanna and Diana in the current JLD, and I hope future writers can come back to that.
    Yeah, after JLD I'd be interested to see more of Diana and Zatanna interact especially in a setting where Zatanna is more in her traditional characterization.

The Warlord. Seeing him and Shakira on Themyscira/WW in Skartaris would be most excellent.

Fantastic Member

Since the reboot Dc has put some distance between SM and WW. I'd like to see WW interact with SM and the super family more. Since they can't be a couple again, i'd like to see them be close friends again like they were before the new 52!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-28-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Since the reboot Dc has put some distance between SM and WW. I'd like to see WW interact with SM and the super family more. Since they can't be a couple again, i'd like to see them be close friends again like they were before the new 52!!
    Has been established they aren’t?

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    What distance? They interact frequently in the Justice League book and Dian once showed up for dinner at Clark's house.

Vixen. I'd love to see how Mari might enlighten Diana in regard to what it means to be a Black woman in the superhero business.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Black Canary. The two were good friends but I don’t see them interact much

Black Canary
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Star Sapphire
    Fire
    Ice
    Batwoman
    Extraño
    Lois Lane
    Catwoman
    Donna Troy

Incredible Member

This is the perfect reason for a revived SENSATION COMICS.

A series in which Wonder Woman interacts primarily with other female heroes / characters. Don’t use it as a new talent book. Use only star talent and tie it in with bigger events and stories in the DCU. Don’t limit it to single issue stories.

Amethyst was a solid suggestion.
    Maybe Madame Xanadu.
    Send her on a time travel arc and let her meet Cinnamon.