Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Isis and Shazam!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I would think that WW and the other ladies would make a concerted effort to reach out to and uplift other femmes in general.
    You would think. But when people who are not women are in charge of things, these obvious things are not obvious to them. It's the same with Black characters. There would be a natural inclination for a Black hero to seek out other Black heroes, but rarely do you see that in comic books, especially because most comic writers aren't Black and this virtual fact doesn't even dawn on them.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    You would think. But when people who are not women are in charge of things, these obvious things are not obvious to them. It's the same with Black characters. There would be a natural inclination for a Black hero to seek out other Black heroes, but rarely do you see that in comic books, especially because most comic writers aren't Black and this virtual fact doesn't even dawn on them.
    Yeah. One could probably make a statistical study of the number of women (or other disenfranchised groups) who appear in supporting roles in women-led (equivalent) titles, and compare how men respective women (or equivalent) manage things.

But my impression is that writers like Simone, Fontana, or Wilson introduce, use, and have women interact with each other much more than what is the norm with most writers, even writers like Rucka who are above average in using female characters in comics.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Cyborg- I thought they could've had a cool big sister/younger brother vibe because they were closer in age during the New 52.

Justice League Dark/shadowpact. I liked her in tynion's run so I don't mind exploring that dynamic more.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    This was one of the reasons I welcomed the new Vixen Justice League. The writer had Vixen utilizing her wealth and celebrity to engage in activism. I kept hoping we might see Empress, Argent, Prizm, or some other femmes would show up. But alas, no.